Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Willie Frazer has died

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

janfebmar wrote: »
    "make hard not tail"? Do try harder with your grammar, steddyeddy.

Frazer served in the army for 9 years as far as I remember, and back then most if not all security force personnel were entitled to be armed off duty, as far as I know.

Goes to show the calibre of people they were letting into the army. Give an unstable sectarian bigot a gun and a bit of authority

• Registered Users Posts: 66,815 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There is proof and a reason why Willie didn't have one. i.e. His connection to paramilitaries.

Firearms are available to those connected in the past to paramilitaries though, as evidenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Most former army members do not need one. There is no proof Gerry Adam's TD has one either.

Maybe they don't need one but I'm sure most aren't denied one because they were associates of terrorists. Put it this way it's more likely that Adams has one rather than Frazer :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

There is proof and a reason why Willie didn't have one. i.e. His connection to paramilitaries.

Firearms are available to those connected in the past to paramilitaries though, as evidenced.
    The fact that he was half mad probably didn't help either!

The fact that he was half mad probably didn't help either!

'Mad' with bitterness and hate. No doubt about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Goes to show the calibre of people they were letting into the army. Give an unstable sectarian bigot a gun and a bit of authority

Ah now, just because Fraser went to a Catholic national school and played GAA does not make him a sectarian bigot. He said many times and others said of him, it was not Catholics he hated, it was the pira / extremist Republicans. Probably understandable as they killed his father and 5 other close family members.

Ah now, just because Fraser went to a Catholic national school and played GAA does not make him a sectarian bigot.

Showing your true colours now J.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Showing your true colours now J.

It is true about Fraser, he did play GAA. Does that make him a bigot? I don't think so.

It is true about Fraser, he did play GAA. Does that make him a bigot? I don't think so.

I don't know what you think J. Previous versions of you have ranged from a Gerry Adams admiring unionist, to a Willie Frazer admiring nationalist.

I don't know what you think J. Previous versions of you have ranged from a Gerry Adams admiring unionist, to a Willie Frazer admiring nationalist.

Other versions of you include a sf admirer / defender, with 20,000 posts defending Sinn Fein, and pira activities in the past, yet you never voted SF in your life. Or so you say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

The journalist thought Adam's had a gun licence. Evidence from when he was shot indicate he probably had not. I could'nt care less if he has or not, but if you state he has, you should provide a link to that effect.

Like if you state that 99% of people in NI are denied firearms licences for the specific reason that they associate with paramilitaries, you should provide a link to that effect. Otherwise, give your head a wobble. Your inconsistency is ridiculous.

Pedro K wrote: »
    Like if you state that 99% of people in NI are denied firearms licences for the specific reason that they associate with paramilitaries, you should provide a link to that effect. Otherwise, give your head a wobble. Your inconsistency is ridiculous.

99% of civilians (non security related) have no need for a firearms licence. The government is trying to, and has, reduced the amount of firearms licences. See the Northern Ireland Order 2004, as far as I remember.

:D:D:D:D:D Steddyeddy has 20,000 posts defending Sinn Fein, and pira activities in the past. :D:D:D

We can see who Willie left his scattergun of spurious allegations to anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

99% of civilians (non security related) have no need for a firearms licence. The government is trying to, and has, reduced the amount of firearms licences. See the Northern Ireland Order 2004, as far as I remember.

Except that's not what you said, is it?

99% have no need? Glad to know Gerry Adams was one of the 1% who do need one.

:D:D:D:D:D Steddyeddy has 20,000 posts defending Sinn Fein, and pira activities in the past. :D:D:D

It has already been questioned if davycc and you are the same, what about you and steddyeddy?

99% have no need? Glad to know Gerry Adams was one of the 1% who do need one.

Other TDs do not have one, I doubt if he has one either.
    When he was attacked once in N Ireland he did not have one.

Poster has inherited the tinfoil hat too, it seems. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I never followed him on Facebook.

You probably never heard of him before this thread started.

Deflection, fails to answer point. Do try harder Francie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Other TDs do not have one, I doubt if he has one either.
    When he was attacked once in N Ireland he did not have one.

Mary. Are you not joining the marching up north? Join in with the fleg burners?.

They’d be delighted to see you no doubt, and admire those lovely fenian tones.

You can also look around British Ireland and see if it’s the place for you.

pablo128 wrote: »

The poster has shown herself to be spectacularly uninformed on the subject alright.

Seeing Frazer as only a victim campaigner is just ludicrious. His primary effect on Irish life was as a loyalist agitator.

pablo128 wrote: »

Of course I had heard of him, he is quite well known. Even before the Love Ulster victims parade. Unlike Francie though, I have better things to be doing than following him on social media. A bit creepy for a known supporter of the pIRA (someone who supported pIRA actions) to be following a victims spokesperson on social media, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

There is something wrong in the last few pages. There has been no mention of the genocide (according to some people). :D

Jesus, there has been enough death and destruction from both sides. Some seem to want to keep the ****e going - Real/New IRA, Unionists/Loyalists/Orangemen....you all just want to keep stirring the pot of **** and pick at the scabs.

Why the hell don't the lot of you just **** off and die and just leave 21st century people to get on with things. You lot are living 20+ years ago and all that ****e should be left where it is......in the history books.

FanadMan wrote: »
    There is something wrong in the last few pages. There has been no mention of the genocide (according to some people). :D

Jesus, there has been enough death and destruction from both sides. Some seem to want to keep the ****e going - Real/New IRA, Unionists/Loyalists/Orangemen....you all just want to keep stirring the pot of **** and pick at the scabs.

Why the hell don't the lot of you just **** off and die and just leave 21st century people to get on with things. You lot are living 20+ years ago and all that ****e should be left where it is......in the history books.

You alright there?

Far from being an unhinged "victims' campaigner" whom we can laugh at, it seems from BBC Spotlight this week that the real Willie Frazer was responsible for the murder of numerous innocent Irish nationalists.

MI5 destroyed material on NI security force collusion – BBC documentary
    The programme also revealed that victims campaigner Willie Frazer was former UDA commander Johnny Adair’s contact within the loyalist paramilitary group Ulster Resistance in the 1990s, and was its key distributor of automatic rifles and rocket launchers.

Adair told the programme the weapons it received from Ulster Resistance were “a Godsend” and led to an escalation of loyalist violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Far from being an unhinged "victims' campaigner" whom we can laugh at, it seems from BBC Spotlight this week that the real Willie Frazer was responsible for the murder of numerous innocent Irish nationalists.

MI5 destroyed material on NI security force collusion – BBC documentary

Yeah I wonder will his defenders on here and elsewhere be as loud now the shameful spectacle of media and politicians describing this murdering bastard as a victims campaigner was sickening over 70 innocent Catholics murdered with guns this animal gave to DUP/UDA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

At least he has not Resurrected ! When I saw the thread I thought he might be back !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

https://twitter.com/SJAMcBride/status/1181343731498307584
    https://twitter.com/Mon_The_Hoops81/status/1181443067074813953

I'm the OP to this thread as I mentioned earlier I hated his politics but thought he wasn't anything much more than a crazy sectarian blowhard, but if this stuff is true then certainly I would withdraw any sympathy for his death.

I don't hate people based on their background or whatever their political affiliations are, but I absolutely draw the line at those who think violence is acceptable in furthering their political aims especially killing innocent civilians.

Advertisement