Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tip for buying Ryanair Flights

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Cheers nava,

Entropay got back to me saying the only reason to decline card was insufficient funds; stuck an extra £10 on it, but still declined :(

**** Edit WTF !!!! after trying for hours if finally went through ?????

The €20 saved was well and truly eroded by time wasted :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

FYI. I’ve just bought a flight via Ryanairs voucher system. The credit card fee dodge still works as of date of this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

nava wrote: »
    Thanks Understood.

Handy in some cases but Entropay might be best option.

Dublin city gift card is my payment of choice with Ryanair. No credit card fees and no charges for using it. Tip could still come in useful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

jakdublin wrote: »
    Dublin city gift card is my payment of choice with Ryanair. No credit card fees and no charges for using it. Tip could still come in useful though.

See the way, the Dublin city gift card is a mastercard? Will it also work on any site that takes mastercard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Raoul wrote: »
    See the way, the Dublin city gift card is a mastercard? Will it also work on any site that takes mastercard?

It should do. I have €6.56 left on mine after booking flights yesterday and hope to use the rest online or in town in a bricks and mortar shop.

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

madmoe wrote: »
    It should do. I have €6.56 left on mine after booking flights yesterday and hope to use the rest online or in town in a bricks and mortar shop.

Cheers,
    M

Entropay seems to be dead in the water now as a means of avoiding that charge.

Where does one get this Dublin City Gift Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cheers.

I can't believe I have never heard of this before? Free to buy aswell? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Entropay seems to be dead in the water now as a means of avoiding that charge.

Where does one get this Dublin City Gift Card?

I used a Blanchardstown Shopping card when I booked last year.
    This is ran by Perfect Card who also do the Dundrum shopping card and as such you can even check your balances online.
    http://perfectcard.ie

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Raoul wrote: »

Should do. And any cash leftover can be transferred onto a new card so you pay nothing and lose nothing.

On another note, I had to book flights today and used the dodge mentioned by the original poster. Bought the vouchers and flights in my own name, which I thought might be a problem but it was OK.
    Was short for the flights after the vouchers, and used my Dublin City Gift Card which was low on funds to finish the payment. All it cost me was €5 to buy the voucher, but I saved €40 on admin fees. Also I would have had to drive into town to top up the gift card so I guess that would have cost me more than a €5 in parking and petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I have used the Limerick Crescent gift card to buy Ryanair flights and saved on the charges.

Not a bother!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement