Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Times Ireland/Sunday Times Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dulpit wrote:
    Careful - you might have downloaded the UK version?

No, had already made that mistake! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

sweetie wrote: »
    Yes

I did this, but now I can't access the online edition. It appears this is only valid for Android app on phone/tablet.

Talked to customer services but they can do nothing saying my account was with Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi folks do u have the Irish 01 contact number please to cancel do I have the ring up or can I do it online

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Beware of these chancers. I rang on Friday to cancel. it gets to the last stage, and then "Due to circumstances beyond their control" they can't take a call. I sent a message via their website to say I was cancelling and advising the bank to accept no more charges. Arrogant b*tch then told me I had to cancel by calling, despite the fact its not working, and if I cancel the direct debit they will continue to bill me for it. Told them it was their problem and to get on with it. Tried again to call today, and sill the same, can't take calls. Joke of an outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

whiterebel wrote: »
    Beware of these chancers. I rang on Friday to cancel. it gets to the last stage, and then "Due to circumstances beyond their control" they can't take a call. I sent a message via their website to say I was cancelling and advising the bank to accept no more charges. Arrogant b*tch then told me I had to cancel by calling, despite the fact its not working, and if I cancel the direct debit they will continue to bill me for it. Told them it was their problem and to get on with it. Tried again to call today, and sill the same, can't take calls. Joke of an outfit.

Tweet them publicly & you'll get a reply and quick resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

whiterebel wrote: »

Had the same problem two weeks ago. Went on to Live Chat and told them I couldn't get through on the phone and they processed the cancellation through Live Chat. Might be worth trying Live Chat again as it seems to be agent dependent?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I rang last month to cancel and got through to a nice lad who gave me the next four months for €2.50 pm.

For the price of a coffee I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I rang last month to cancel and got through to a nice lad who gave me the next four months for €2.50 pm.

For the price of a coffee I won't complain.

A fiver doesn't exactly break the bank for some decent reading, especially on a Sunday. I mean, €1.25 a week to support journalism. You wouldn't get a copy of the manky Daily Star for one day for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

the Irish Content has diminished to be honest :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Birneybau wrote: »
    A fiver doesn't exactly break the bank for some decent reading, especially on a Sunday. I mean, €1.25 a week to support journalism. You wouldn't get a copy of the manky Daily Star for one day for that price.

Agreed. I had only just signed up to the Irish Times offer on this thread and was going to ditch The Times instead. When I went to cancel the offer was made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone else have massive problems with the Android paper app?
    I find on articles where you "turn the page" the bottom lines of print are cut off so it's impossible to coherently read an article. It's gotten so annoying that I'm only thinking of canceling but also considering asking for my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Works fine on my android tablets. For €5 a month i cant fault the deal. Ok the irish content has decreased over the past while but to get 3 to 4 sunday papers as well as daily its a deal. Its also a pity that the tablet app format is copied on the mobile phone version. Tablet reading experience is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Glebee wrote: »
    Works fine on my android tablets. For €5 a month i cant fault the deal. Ok the irish content has decreased over the past while but to get 3 to 4 sunday papers as well as daily its a deal. Its also a pity that the tablet app format is copied on the mobile phone version. Tablet reading experience is great.

That's really strange. There are two good,expensive Samsung tabs in my house and both have the same issue where bottom sentences are clipped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I want to purchase an item on the Global Ratuken Market and then ship the item to Australia. If anybody knows an issue with this , please let me know.

Also , am i correct in believing i can ship a product to Ireland from Japan without paying any import charges??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

No; unless it's worth less than €25 or so.

Burty330 wrote: »
    I want to purchase an item on the Global Ratuken Market and then ship the item to Australia. If anybody knows an issue with this , please let me know.

Also , am i correct in believing i can ship a product to Ireland from Japan without paying any import charges??

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I'm not familiar with AUS regulations re importation of Ratukens.
    But .. goods from Japan will be subject to VAT, an AnPost handling fee and possibly excise duty.
    Excise duty applies over a certain value of goods. VAT is calculated on value of goods plus delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I'm not familiar with AUS regulations re importation of Ratukens.
    But .. goods from Japan will be subject to VAT, an AnPost handling fee and possibly excise duty.
    Excise duty applies over a certain value of goods. VAT is calculated on value of goods plus delivery charges.

I thought the EU had a trade deal agreement with Japan since a few years ago?

I recently bought jeans from Japan and didn't pay anything when they were delivered by anpost.

A similar trade deal was done with Canada i believe.

The reason i ask is because sometimes you can get lucky and i don't want to chance my luck again!

Am i missing something:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I thought the EU had a trade deal agreement with Japan since a few years ago?

I recently bought jeans from Japan and didn't pay anything when they were delivered by anpost.

A similar trade deal was done with Canada i believe.

The reason i ask is because sometimes you can get lucky and i don't want to chance my luck again!

think you are posting in the wrong forum fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

anyone been able to use the Odeon 2 for 1 offer recently? its a major perk of this sub and dont think its worked in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just tried booking a few minutes ago - not working and link from the Irish Times+ page for online booking goes to odeon.co.uk

It has not worked for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Rakuten TV vouchers no longer work for Ireland accounts. Was a nice perk when they worked.

Its still only €5 a month so is a great deal. Irish daily content has defintly reduced a lot but the saturday and sunday editions are a great read in fairness. Love sitting down sunday to read through when house gets quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Rakuten TV vouchers no longer work for Ireland accounts. Was a nice perk when they worked.

Still works for me, used one a last weekend

Same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Ah... I took another look and I hadn't realised there was a seperate Times membership page for ROI. I was using the UK site and although able to log in and get a code, the code would not work for ROI Rakuten TV accounts.

All good now. Thanks for letting me know it was indeed working.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭gaillimh

I see this €5 offer is still going. I used to have the Sunday Times iPad app a few years back where you could download the full epaper on a Sunday morning but they disbanded that app.
    Just wondering if anyone could answer some things for me?
    In the iPad app - can you view the epaper for previous weeks or can you just view the current edition?
    Do you have full access to all articles on Sundaytimes.co.uk - for example if you click on a link to an older article from a google search will your sub allow access to this regardless of when the article was created?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

gallimh

past six days of 'editions' which I mean the articles are structured into editions. But you do have access to their archive - if you know specifically what you are looking for

Advertisement