Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avantcard Cashback €144 - New & existing customers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Where do they tell you what the cashback amount is? Can't see on statement or account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭joeysoap

If it is there you will see it. i was expecting cash back in August. Zero received. But there was in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

FYI I called up and asked to get this enabled about 6 weeks ago.... nothing received.

Called them again and there was an issue with turning it on - it was never fully completed.

They enabled it now and gave me €20 due to the mistake

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

123654789 wrote: »
    Where do they tell you what the cashback amount is? Can't see on statement or account.

It will appear as a pending transaction on the 2nd of each month. Once posted, it will be a line on the statement saying "Cashback reward".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Thanks guys, it is definitely not there then. I'll ring them tomorrow. There's a column called Promotional Plan Code but there's nothing in it... I wonder is that connected to it as well, the cashback per transaction maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Again very low cashback...i have used card for roughly 2000 Euros...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭wench

Again very low cashback...i have used card for roughly 2000 Euros...
    Was the spending in an eligible category?
    You can see the full list in the pdf here

https://www.avantcard.ie/documents/111780/1631799/Eligible+Spend+for+Cashback+Reward+by+Type+of+Merchant+V3+20190301.pdf/0caaea24-e5b4-06e2-248e-b8c2c77a482d

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

I got my documents today and I see they've approved me with an 8k limit. I only asked for 4k. I don't like the idea of having an 8k limit incase the card was stolen or something.

If I ask them to reduce it again is it seen as a withdrawal of credit? Does this then impact negatively on my credit score? This is important as I'll be approaching them about a 35k home improvement loan next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Heiser wrote: »
    I got my documents today and I see they've approved me with an 8k limit. I only asked for 4k. I don't like the idea of having an 8k limit incase the card was stolen or something.

If I ask them to reduce it again is it seen as a withdrawal of credit? Does this then impact negatively on my credit score? This is important as I'll be approaching them about a 35k home improvement loan next year...

Jesus, just talk to them. 8K isn't a huge limit. A car rental company can put a huge holding charge on a CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭glen123

3 years ago when I applied for a loan, they offered to reduce my credit limit on my card so that they could give me the amount I needed.

So you maybe keep the limit for now - they'll reduce it themselves if needed when it comes to your loan application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Brexit around the corner too - that €8k limit may come in handy

€3.70 this month. Getting there. My target is €30 to cover tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

wench wrote: »

92 Snowmobile dealers

People in Kildare, Laois, Carlow and Kilkenny might be quids in today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Do you still get to use the Avantages discounts and cashback on their website if you switch over to this?

chasm wrote: »
    Do you still get to use the Avantages discounts and cashback on their website if you switch over to this?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Does anyone use Curve with their avantcard? I'm wondering if I buy something using Curve then later use the time machine function, will it still be eligible for cashback or will it be treated like a refund and not be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ROSSWATSON

Phoned them today. Be aware you lose your Tesco shopping points credits if you switch, so may not be for everyone depending on where you use your card for shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Amouar

How long did it take you in order to receive your card? I applied on Monday and sent all the documents, but they are still under review.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Could you apply for the card, get the 30 bonus and then cancel the card?

Would you still be liable for govt charge if you only had the card live for a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Q&A

McGaggs wrote: »
    Does anyone use Curve with their avantcard? I'm wondering if I buy something using Curve then later use the time machine function, will it still be eligible for cashback or will it be treated like a refund and not be eligible.

Seems to be working. Curve card purchases are categorised by the underlying purchase type when I log on to avantcard i.e., Lidl is down as supermarket. Though to be fair I use both the curve card and original credit card and haven't tried itemising the cashback.
    candyman wrote: »
    Could you apply for the card, get the 30 bonus and then cancel the card?

Would you still be liable for govt charge if you only had the card live for a few days?

Afraid that wont work.

The €30 bonus is only paid out if you use the card in the first 90 days.

Only way to avoid the €30 stamp duty is to cancel the card without having used it within the period i.e,. April to March.

You can do one or the other but not both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Have been thinking my cashback was a little low the last two months, so went back and checked against their list against recent transactions ( 11nov-30nov).
    I received 5.67 on 1st dec.
    My transactions in the cashback catagories added up to approx 9.50.
    Anyone else seeing lower than expected?
    Im thinking I'm missing some clause that reduces the cashback that I dont know about.
    I haven't cleared the full balance the last two months, but have paid way more than minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Q&A wrote: »
    Seems to be working. Curve card purchases are categorised by the underlying purchase type when I log on to avantcard i.e., Lidl is down as supermarket. Though to be fair I use both the curve card and original credit card and haven't tried itemising the cashback.

I'm wondering if using the time machine function to move the payment to a different card will remove the cashback on that transaction.

Bojill wrote: »
    Have been thinking my cashback was a little low the last two months, so went back and checked against their list against recent transactions ( 11nov-30nov).
    I received 5.67 on 1st dec.
    My transactions in the cashback catagories added up to approx 9.50.
    Anyone else seeing lower than expected?
    Im thinking I'm missing some clause that reduces the cashback that I dont know about.
    I haven't cleared the full balance the last two months, but have paid way more than minimum.

Last month I checked my cashback against purchases. And compared it against previous month at the same time. Couldn’t reconcile it no matter what I included or discarded. Confess I gave up and just accepted the their figure. Smaller than I made it but it’s better than nothing.

I think the month in arrears is what throws the number out.
    So the money I got Dec 2nd was for charges on my November statement, which were made in October!

Month Cashback Previous Statement balance
    Dec 12.00 1278
    Nov 7.37 624
    Oct 9.46 951
    Sept 5.96 906
    Aug 12.00 1129

wench wrote: »
    I think the month in arrears is what throws the number out.
    So the money I got Dec 2nd was for charges on my November statement, which were made in October!

Month Cashback Previous Statement balance
    Dec 12.00 1278
    Nov 7.37 624
    Oct 9.46 951
    Sept 5.96 906
    Aug 12.00 1129

I didn't realise that, thanks.

Hi all,

I usually receive the cashback on the 1st of the month, however there was no cashback credited to me today. Did you notice the same thing?

Mine isn't there either, I'd expect to get it tomorrow.
    Looking back, it was regularly the 2nd, until the last couple of months when it got a bit earlier.

Yeah, same as, nothing here.

Still no cashback today neither.

• Advertisement

They are probably having challenges to calculate and post it on accounts manually....might turn up later in the month hopefully

Advertisement