Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lamb would be fantastic too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The lineups have really been weak the last few years (still a great festival though), so not going to get up any kind of hope or expectation before tonight. I'd say there have only been around 4 acts I have recognised at the time for the last 3 years going by the posters above. I saw them reply to a comment on facebook a few weeks ago saying they have never been about the big names, which is true, but wouldn't fill you with confidence ahead of the announcement..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It was only really 2012-2014 that had strong lineups, every other year has been fine to relatively weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hurry up time and get to the fcuking lineup.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Any ideas how to access the "listening party"? I can't see any link to it on twitter or on their website. I also realise I'm a sucker for the marketing to buy into it, but sure what can you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Any ideas how to access the "listening party"? I can't see any link to it on twitter or on their website. I also realise I'm a sucker for the marketing to buy into it, but sure what can you do?

The what now?

whelzer wrote: »
    The what now?

It's their rather grandiose way of saying they will broadcast the lineup in audio rather than just give us a lineup poster like other festivals. Similar to the EP launch party I assume!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

Very excited 😀 Should we be listening to something?

Just sitting here reloading their Twitter page.... Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89

Just sitting here reloading their Twitter page.... Come on!

Hahah same, and FB and their website and this thread just incase someone has found something I havent.....psycho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Kicking off in a few mins aparently...

We’ll be kicking off in a few minutes with Avril Stanley Festival and music booker Jenny Wren talking about what Body & Soul is and then getting to the music.

no link yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I reckon us crazy refreshers should have been given an invite to this...

You really have to wonder the point in having a listening party when nobody can listen to you!

Edit: looks like a live feed on their instagram page maybe?

Why would they tell us that they would announce at 7, only to tell us that they are having an exclusive party (i.e. we are not invited) at 7pm, and that when they've had their fun we will be privileged enough to see them after.

Anyone around the Big Romance to press their noses up against the glass?

Live video on Instagram at the mo..

**** sake WHERES THE FECKING LINEUP?

WHERE IS THE FECKING LINEUP?

They just said on Twitter there is no live stream. This was not well organised....

• Advertisement

They did but they are live streaming it on Instagram now, nobody announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I wonder who got invited to the exclusive listening party, probably a load of bloggers and "influencers" who don't give a crap about music

I can't seem to find it on their page. I don't have an instagram account so maybe I can't view it.

Really emphasizing that the festival isn't just about the music here :pac: The first 30 mins have been spent talking about the ethos of the festival.

A few pics now circulating on Twitter now... The listening party looks very nice I must say!

So who's playing dudes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Do you have a link for instagram feed, i'm being a moron and can't find it

Do you have a link for instagram feed, i'm being a moron and can't find it

Me too! Would love a link also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I don't have an instagram account so maybe I can't view it.

You don't need an instagram account to view instagram. You do need one to look at stories. What's the harm in signing up for that reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SteHam

A lot of talk of the festival and how its unique. Kind of saying, yeah we're sorry the music is going to be **** but here's some yoga

Advertisement