Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leitrim21

Has anyone been refused on the grounds that their partner is not on a permanent contract? As per eligibility criteria, applicants must be in continuous employment, it doesnt state permanency as a requirement. I'm wondering if we have grounds for an appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Does anyone have experience of applying to Waterford council? Especially the turnaround time for approval and whether online calculators will be accepted or do they insist on letters from 2 lenders declining/not giving enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jennyod31

Has anyone here found the wait for the council to send the cheque to the solicitor a long process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm looking to apply through this next year (if I don't get an exception with the banks that is). I moved jobs this year and now make 50K, for the first 5 months of the year I was on less than that. Will the amount I

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

I sent one print out of an online calculator and one letter from my credit union and it was grand. We were given approval about 9 weeks after application was sent in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Thanks - i'll be applying soon. 9 weeks seems quite short compared to other councils!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Benci

Hi there, can anyone advise what's happening on the drawdown day? All final documents sent, we have requested the drawdown for tomorrow.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sw59td

Do you know if a PhD stipend from the secondary earner would be considered for the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭3283winnie

hi can anyone give advice i applied to sdcc back in march i have been ringing and emailing to find out how far the application has got im told im in the que for credit comittee anyone any ideas how long more it could be and what is the next steps thanks for any advice

can i ask jill have you got much further with your application i am awaiting word from sdcc myself thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Hi Winnie, sorry, I forgot to come back and say with the board changeover - I got approval in the post dated on 28/7/21

Thats brilliant delighted you got your approval i am still waiting i have emailed a few times ive been told im awaiting credit commitee meeting. do you mind me asking did you recieve a letter when approved or do they ring you thanks for all your advice thrroughout your journey.

Ah no bother.

I received a letter. I've found SDCC fairly poor for communication, had mostly forgotten about the application until the letter arrived because if I wasn't ringing up now and then I'd have heard nothing from them.

ye i hear you im rining and emailing them daily at this stage its so fustrating... keep being told im in the queue for credit commitee and cant give me any timeline as the big backlog nightmare can ask did the offer you what you had asked for i only applied with sdcc im raging i didnt apply for a few councils. the waiting game is awful although the housing market is crazy so probaly no rush really thanks so much for your help best of luck with the house hunting

It's worth applying to the others anyway imho, because their turnaround is way shorter - about 3 months for Fingal and DCC and they were both MUCH easier to deal with than SDCC. Doesn't hurt!

I *think* they offered me around what I asked for, yes, which was based on the calculator amount, I put down "x amount or hightest available"

The other councils offered me very slightly more than I asked for, but I'm very boring altogether, no kids, no gambling apps etc and I did a pile of overtime last year due to Covid so that could be unusual.

What’s the craic with extensions of the 6 months? We’re one month in and have been gazumped by cash buyers 3 times now for much less than what we offered. Don’t think I’d have the heart or energy to apply again

They won't do them, as far as they've told me. You have to apply again from scratch.

I got my SDCC approval there a while ago and immediately applied again so when it expires the break will be as short as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Good news to single applicants. The income threshold has been creased by €15K to €65K.

Including a 10% deposit, that gives you a max of €320K. Not awful by and means.

It also means that everyone under the old threshold now has to compete with people earning between 50 and 65k too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They had to do that as the 5x limit couldn't reach the price of a house in the current market in Dublin and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Guybrush Threepwood

Our application was just rejected on the grounds of "Net income outside of policy" - can anyone please help me understand this? Our net income is below the application limits, so not sure what it's referring to. Anyone know how to appeal this?

I've contacted the CoCo but no answer yet.

we received an email two months ago that we were approved of x amount but it still had to go to credit committee the next month. Well that month has passed and still nothing from the council. Rang today and the person is apparently on some sort of leave and not back for another few weeks.

are we allowed to start looking at houses? At what point did everyone here start looking? Has anyone ever been rejected after saying it was approved pending the credit committee?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jennyod31

Hi

I literally got my house keys yesterday after going sale agreed in June.

went sale agreed literally 3 days after my approval. I originally applied last year but because of covid my job kept closing. It was a super long process but so worth it in the end.

all I can say is don’t sit back and wait for them to contact you keep emailing or ringing to make sure your application is been worked on you have a right to no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxRubyxx

Does anyone know if any of the councils accept applications via email?

Its an awful waste of paper when you can get approved with AIB with an online application!

I want to apply to a few councils but it will be 200+ sheets of paper to print off!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

You should be able to get the application from them. My local council posted out the application booklet to me, I never printed any of it off myself.

Are you talking about receiving approval paperwork in the post? Because I haven’t received any myself yet. I got an email two months ago saying we were approved and it had to go to the credit committee. We’re bidding on houses now and I rang the council and the one single person who does the RIHL is away on holidays now. Can the credit committee deny your application? Surely with GDPR they don’t go through your paperwork and only the underwriter does? I said all this to my solicitor and she said not to worry but I’m **** it now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi everyone - I am new to the whole mortgage process and found that a rebuilding ireland loan will most likely be my best bet due to the crazy house deposit requests for a first time buyer. I saw that you can use your HTB tax refund as part of your deposit, does anyone know if this is only if you're getting a new build property? I am looking to start working on my application so will appreciate as much tips as possible

For some context: I am 24 y/o on a permanent job for the last two years with a salary of 35k. I will be looking in for flats in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xxRubyxx

Sorry I meant all of the documentation you need to provide for your application, its a shocking waste of paper when the documents should be allowed to be emailed to them

• Advertisement

sale agreed on a house finally and same day received our paperwork from the council! happy days

that being said, the stuff we need to hand in for the MPI is ridiculous. a letter from work stating i've not been out ill for three consecutive weeks in the past two years? a letter from my doctor stating i haven't been treated for ANY illness for more than three consecutive weeks the past two years? i've spoken to friends and family who have gotten mpi for their bank mortgages and not one of them had to do anything like that.

Advertisement