Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shopify vs Magento Go vs Bigcommerce vs Tictail vs Volusion vs WooCommerce

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lightgrey

I'll take a look at those. Have heard of Shopify but not the other two. Thing is, Bigcommerce is an out of the box solution but playing around with the free trial is hinting at me that I still need some outside help. I'm willing to learn but don't want to spend x amount of hours on it only to learn that it doesn't all flow the way I want it to. Might be just better to pay a designer to edit one of the stock templates for me. Very much off topic, and obviously you don't have to answer, but minimal adjustments to a stock template (I'd imagine something like an hours work), how much typically?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

lightgrey wrote: »
    Might be just better to pay a designer to edit one of the stock templates for me. Very much off topic, and obviously you don't have to answer, but minimal adjustments to a stock template (I'd imagine something like an hours work), how much typically?

The sheer amount of options in BigCommerce can be a bit daunting so it would definitely be a good idea to get some professional help.

However what you can't do is make estimates on the amount of time it will take to get something done. You'll need your designer to do that. As I mentioned earlier the templates in BC are complicated so any edits will take longer than they should. This is one of BC's weaknesses, not a deal breaker but an annoyance nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

Definately shopify over every other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Sorry to drag this up but I have a question.

I see shopify plan for $29 per month. I also see there is a 10% paypal discount https://www.shopify.com/paypal

Does this mean I'll pay €23 per month for first year

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Sorry to drag this up but I have a question.

I see shopify plan for $29 per month. I also see there is a 10% paypal discount https://www.shopify.com/paypal

Does this mean I'll pay €23 per month for first year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

My vote is for BigCommerce.

Advertisement