Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who to choose for SIRO broadband?

• 04-01-2021 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking at switching to SIRO in the coming weeks and at my address can get Vodafone, Sky, Digiweb or PureTelecom.

For the 1gb broadband, Vodafone and Pure are 40pm with free installation. Sky and Digiweb 45pm with an installation fee of 50. (Some of them also offer a 500mb option also).

Aside from difference in cost between them, does anyone have any recommendations on which might be best, or should any of them be avoided? Are any of their customer service particularly bad/good if I should run into any problems?

Do they enforce a fair usage policy? (just from quickly looking, it seems like this is about 1tb for all, and I can't see on my current broadband plan what I use at the moment)

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm with pure 1Gb. Doesn't seem to have a FUP (assume if you seriously take the mick, they'll call but couple of Tb a month doesn't appear to be an issue). Support emails or calls quickly. Their product is through BT Ireland according to Ookla,same as a few other SIRO resellers.
    You get a fritzbox router which is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'm with pure 1Gb. Doesn't seem to have a FUP (assume if you seriously take the mick, they'll call but couple of Tb a month doesn't appear to be an issue). Support emails or calls quickly. Their product is through BT Ireland according to Ookla,same as a few other SIRO resellers.

Thanks for that. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to the details, so the router name means nothing to me, but I'll go look it up now. Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

TheDriver wrote: »

I am considering switching to Pure. Saw some negative (older) comments on here about Pure. I guess most providers will have negative comments.

The fritzbox and price per month is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Avoid Vodafone, terrible customer service.

I'm with Pure Telecom since October last with a Siro connection and in my opinion they're by far the best ISP I've dealt with (I've been with Virgin Media, Eir, Vodafone in the past). Their customer service is unreal and they're 100% Irish, so you'll be supporting a small local company.

Good feedback.

Ill try get a deal from vodafone (i am not unhappy), if not ill switch to Pure who have a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

Very happy with pure. With them a couple of weeks now.

Change of plan. Rang vodafone and explained the Pure offer, got passed to one other team and got my 1GB package reduced from 55 to 40 eur pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JoeCat

I know that it's an old thread but I still have the same question. I am between Digiweb and Pure for Siro's broadband. Anyone can comment on their eperience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Digiweb are doing 1Gig Siro at the minute for 40e a month. I've found them super (both reliability and if you ever had to ring them for anything-which unlikely) they're the best in the game. I'd highly recommend Digiweb myself. Pure while the serious was reliable, their customer service was bad but just not as bad as Vodafone or Eir to be fair

Advertisement