Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for small portable battery power video recorder with PAL baseband video input

• 23-05-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭

I have a VERY old Panasonic VHS camcorder dating from 1985. So old that it has an imaging tube rather than a CCD. Gives it a very unique look to the video in this day and age and this unique look comes in handy at times when a certain "look" of video is required.

Although the tape mechanism still works, it's apparent that the quality of recordings made in-camera are not nearly as "good" as those seen when the camera is connected straight to a TV/monitor.

What I would like to do is to take the video output and record it to a small portable battery powered video recorder with PAL baseband video input (RCA or ASI connection) and either 3.5mm mini jack or RCA for the audio, bypassing the inbuilt tape deck completely. Not only will this result in "better" video quality but it will mean the tape mechanism will not be used as frequently PLUS there is no generation loss when transferring from tape to PC. Basically, the video I get will be as good as I can get. I'd be requiring 720x576i PAL resolution recording......I think higher resolutions would probably be fine but certainly no lower than 720x576.
    Can anyone suggest a suitable device that would suit my needs, at a reasonable cost, of course?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I can't pitch in any advice I'm afraid but maybe some here has experience that will help you.

You might like to also post your query on the Audio Video Editing forum here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=404 to widen the audience for your query.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Advertisement