Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situations Vacant

• 21-02-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Borrowed from the Development forum, this thread is for recruitment advertisments. It has been created as we don't like turning away small companies and genuine posters who have a need. we also don't like denying the users of this forum a chance to make a few quid or find a new job.

So here's the rules:

* No recruitment companies/agencies/bureaus or what ever you call yourselves.
    * Post your job in here. State the position and anything else you consider important. Job descriptions are a good thing.
    * Post jobs only. If you have a question ask by pm, do not post it here or in the programming forum.
    * Do not offer your services.
    * I'll delete jobs that are more than 3 months old, unless asked not too. This is to keep the thread readable and up to date.
    * If you've filled a vacancy can you let me know so I'll remove the ad.
    * Provide contact information, that is a company name plus a company email address, company phone number, or the company website.
    * Positions advertised that are offering equity instead of salary in return for work will be deleted immediately.
    * Positions advertised which are judged to be unreasonable or nonsensical will be deleted.

Helpful Hints

* In general, an ad without a given salary range isn't going to attract as many applicants as an ad without a given salary range.
    * You may also want to read this before posting your ad. Note the comment about not all engineers being unattached 20 somethings.

If you're posting an email address you can post it as name [at] nospamdiedie.com which would equate to name@nospamdiedie.com. It will prevent your email address from getting picked up by spam bots.

Once again I'll ask you to please keep to the rules, they are there to ensure the thread is up to date, readable, and useful i.e. an enhanced user experience.

That's it for now.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

OK I'll bite.

Serious post.

Looking for either MCSE with Azure or Messaging for a field service engineer role.
    Located in Cork.
    Must be willing to get stuck into presales (solution architecture)
    Must be willing to upskill as needed and mentor juniors.

for Company name , salary etc. send me a PM

Mods : if you like you can PM me for company details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TitanHQ

Hi,

I am the support manager for TitanHQ. I am looking to hire an additional 2 engineers to provide support for our range of UNIX (FreeBSD) and Linux based appliances. This is an opportunity for a graduate to learn valuable UNIX skills, or a guru to add their valuable knowledge to the team.

The support team works closely with the developers, so a basic understanding of programming will help. We work daily with issues related to IPv4, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS and DNS and work with applications such as Apache, Postfix, SpamAssasin, Squid and Postgresql, so any knowledge relating to these will be an advantage (but not a requirement).

As with any customer facing position, the ability to deal with other human beings is key to this role.

Here is the "Official" blurb:

TitanHQ are seeking to hire a Technical Support Engineer to provide 2nd Level support for our products and to maintain the high-level of customer satisfaction for our award winning virtual appliance gateways SpamTitan and WebTitan.

The successful candidate will have:
    -Be fanatical about providing excellent customer support
    -Have a good understanding of TCP/IP and protocols such as SMTP, DNS and HTTP
    -Knowledge of virtualization technologies, cloud computing and UNIX operating systems will be a distinct advantage
    -Ability to conduct research into technical issues and products
    -Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
    -Document procedures, processes and knowledgebase worthy articles

This is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding dynamic Internet company with a global customer base and impressive year on year revenue growth.
    TitanHQ. are located in Galway supporting thousands of customers world-wide with innovative virtual appliance solutions.

If you would like to apply for a position send a cover letter and your C.V. to "careers AT titanhq.com" with the following in the Subject line:

GAL-SUPP-0316-5349

Advertisement