Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crysis 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Someone is getting sacked tomorrow, that's for sure. This is a disaster for Crytek. The online authentication more so then the early build of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To be honest I think it's more EA's fault than anything. I mean I do like how they support the community but they give out far too many advance review copies to anybody with a nothing blog. They're asking for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Kiith wrote: »
    Someone is getting sacked tomorrow, that's for sure. This is a disaster for Crytek. The online authentication more so then the early build of the game.

And one giant looking lawsuit. Gotta feel bad for them though after the high pirate numbers for the original game and now this.

Probably the most advanced game developer doesn't deserve this sort of treatment. Imagine if Mario was leaked before it ever came out!

Crytek may not be the kings of gameplay but by god the gap between there optimisation of hardware to get out raw graphic power compared to any other developer is beyond staggering.

Can imagine Sony trying to get a good contract with them to do exclusive titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its a full beta? strange that why would you let anyone play or test a beta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

wow

143gr2d.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How does it play? :)

nuxxx wrote: »
    wow

143gr2d.png

You download it Nuxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

apologies gents.

i seem to have forgotten how to integrate a vid from youtube, here is gameplay from the download. it looks amazing..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy9JPyKa3VY&hd=1

• Advertisement

dx11 isnt implemented in the beta from what im seeing, dx9 only

Which is scary considering how good that video looks!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Which is scary considering how good that video looks!

Plus he said he was running it on mid settings :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Guys please no more talk about downloading games illegally. I don't want to have to atart banning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

nuxxx wrote: »

omg this game looks crazy, an this is only dx 9 mid settings? about the leak well tbh its crytek's/ea's own fault for not having enough security as well as not posting a demo or video of the pc version (lesson to be learned here? dont piss off pc users).

if the visuals are better than this as well as having a decent story and good gameplay il buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

omg this game looks crazy, an this is only dx 9 mid settings? about the leak well tbh its crytek's/ea's own fault for not having enough security as well as not posting a demo or video of the pc version (lesson to be learned here? dont piss off pc users).

On another forum a retard would have posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so have anyone found out what's the recommend settings for the game ?

Headshot wrote: »
    so have anyone found out what's the recommend settings for the game ?

Ill post up my fps tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

This is a game I'll definitly buy. Their isn't too many devs giving proper attention to PC gaming, and i would like to reward the ones that do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭CR 7

1297448287764.jpg

Not bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From the way the hud is done on both sides, I'm thinking this will looks better in the 3D type monitor. And going by the last Crysis, which had a max spec of what you couldn't afford, I'd say it'll be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yet to see something more impressive than the 1st game

• Registered Users Posts: 81,524 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im interested in how it was leaked. I doubt Crytek passed out beta builds to people to try out, though if Crytek Employees themselves did, someone is fired.

What a ****ty thing to happen, but on the other hand what ever happened to a PC Demo? Is this their crazy Viral Marketing campaign for the game? Definitely bad that it leaked the whole campaign. very bad.

I feel obligated to buy it at launch retail now though and for me, thats very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

this terrible news for crytek. hopefully the online play is briallant so they pickup sales that way.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The single player is not really playable.

The opening levels and cut scene videos crash frequently.

The sound is of very low quaility. Charactes voices are very low compared to music and sound effects. Placeholder textures and soundfiles are frequent. Certain scipting is broken. Cutscenes videos are also poor quaility.

You can load up maps seperately though to get an idea of what its going be like.

The beta does not contain DX10 or DX11 settings and there is 3 graphics settings (Gamer, Advanced, Hardcore)

When it is ruining seem to run in the mid 30's frame rate wise. (Q8400 2.66Ghz, 4GB Ram, 6870)

Looks very good on whatever settings I run it at.

Will only try a little more of it. Just to get a sense of the scale of the levels comapred to the original. Don't want to ruin the story or the suprises when I get the full game.

This is probably going to be a stupid question, but what specs would you need for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've installed this and wiped it after 20mins, its too poor quality for anyone to make a proper judgement but at least its made me decide I'm definitely buying it to support their effort for the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Wouldn't mind seeing some low/med/high/max comparison screenshots if anyone has them...

What im hoping about Crysis 2 is that the console versions forced them to come up with clever/efficient ways to make it look good on med/lower end systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On another forum a retard would have posted that.

well crysis was pirated like mad so you would have expected crytek to keep this game tightly under wraps 49 days early isnt keeping it under wraps, now every single dev on the planet will point at this and go meh whats the point of pc game development it will just get pirated :mad:

Advertisement