24-11-2020, 22:21   #211
lardarse

for the bell box maybe try the below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL26...l=PoseidwnTech

I`ll be installing the ajax bell box in the next few weeks, and was planning on using an old 12v DC 1amp phone charger that i`ll extend with bell wire. then you don`t need an extra battery.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-11-2020, 22:40   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardarse View Post

I`ll be installing the ajax bell box in the next few weeks, and was planning on using an old 12v DC 1amp phone charger that i`ll extend with bell wire. then you don`t need an extra battery.
Would something like this work?

EFISH 12V 1A 12W Power Supply,AC to DC Adapter with 7 Selectable Adapter Conversion Heads fit for Led Strips,CCTV Camera,Cisco Router,Router,Alarm bell,Case Fan,CE Approved(White) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TSJ2D..._4TyVFbS1SE4E5
25-11-2020, 12:55   #213
maxamillius

Best alarm system webshop.eu are doing good discounts on the Ajax alarm system for anyone looking
26-11-2020, 13:56   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardarse View Post

Normally external bell boxes have an internal battery so that in the event of failure of the external supply it can continue to function. Obviously the hone charger will power off in the event of a power cut. This may not be an issue for you, but it is good to be aware of it.

On anther note: I would not expect a normal phone charger to be 12V or to be able to supply 1 amp.
26-11-2020, 14:47   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 View Post
Normally external bell boxes have an internal battery so that in the event of failure of the external supply it can continue to function. Obviously the hone charger will power off in the event of a power cut. This may not be an issue for you, but it is good to be aware of it.

On anther note: I would not expect a normal phone charger to be 12V or to be able to supply 1 amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Url View Post
Would something like this work?

EFISH 12V 1A 12W Power Supply,AC to DC Adapter with 7 Selectable Adapter Conversion Heads fit for Led Strips,CCTV Camera,Cisco Router,Router,Alarm bell,Case Fan,CE Approved(White) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TSJ2D..._4TyVFbS1SE4E5
Would this one not work?
Advertisement
28-11-2020, 08:35   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Url View Post
Would this one not work?
Yes.
This would work when there is no power cut.
29-11-2020, 21:49   #217
caddy16

Ring alarm starter kit on sale in Screwfix now €190 for anyone interested. Keypad looks different to amazon version, may be not the newer model released earlier this year.
Thanks from:
16-12-2020, 14:32   #218
mcgovern

Anyone ever have problems with their Ajax DoorProtect Plus?
I have two, one of them is stuck at always open, and the other one is always reporting closed...
They did work originally. Not ideal situation obviously.

I have several normal DoorProtects and they are fine.
16-12-2020, 14:35   #219
garion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgovern View Post
Anyone ever have problems with their Ajax DoorProtect Plus?
I have two, one of them is stuck at always open, and the other one is always reporting closed...
They did work originally. Not ideal situation obviously.

I have several normal DoorProtects and they are fine.
No issue with mine so far. Have you done a reset from the app and changed the battery?
Advertisement
16-12-2020, 14:53   #220
mcgovern

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion View Post
No issue with mine so far. Have you done a reset from the app and changed the battery?
I did unpair and re-pair them but it didn't help.
Battery is being reported as 100% which is I guess a bit suspicous but if I open the lid for example it sends an alert so certainly not completely dead.
I don't have spare batteries so I just now tried taking the battery out of a spare DoorProtect (interestingly Panasonic where the DP+ was Ajax branded) and using that but issue is still there.
10-01-2021, 13:51   #221
bittihuduga

what is the advantage of wireless over wired (if the house is already prewired for sensors)?
would the alarm work when internet is down?

i currently have xiaomi door sensors and gateway connected to home assistant.
was looking into ajax or hkc systems. would they integrate easily with home assistant?
i had spc in the previous house which required additional paid gateway to integrate into home assistant.
10-01-2021, 14:29   #222
Bluefoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittihuduga View Post
what is the advantage of wireless over wired (if the house is already prewired for sensors)?
would the alarm work when internet is down?

i currently have xiaomi door sensors and gateway connected to home assistant.
was looking into ajax or hkc systems. would they integrate easily with home assistant?
i had spc in the previous house which required additional paid gateway to integrate into home assistant.
Ajax has hardwired, GSM and WiFi connections... So they can have a secondary communication method in case you have a virgin router. But the actual devices run on their own mesh.

Hard wired systems also require a method of communication in particular if it is a monitored system.
11-01-2021, 13:09   #223
bittihuduga

thanks, yes, hard wired too require something to communicate to outside world - internet or gsm.
does ajax talks well with home assistant?
i may look into it - looks like its a good solution.
need to find an installer in dublin :-)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion