Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Received my roborock s5 max. Works perfect, amazing piece of tech. Sometimes on the app when I click on robot I get message 'current network is slow, please wait' and it won't load the map. Any solution to this?

When cleaning upstairs do I need to bring docking station upstairs too?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No need to bring the dock upstairs, it'll either return to where you started the cleaning or it'll stop at the top of the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Clareman wrote: »
    No need to bring the dock upstairs, it'll either return to where you started the cleaning or it'll stop at the top of the stairs.

Thanks.
    Any idea regarding the slow network message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Picked up a Eufy 15c for just under €90 from Amazon warehouse during the black Friday weekend. It's doing a great job so far, even with pet hair to contend with! Can see myself getting in deeper and going for a smarter model next time, maybe even have one upstairs and one down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

kave2 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Any idea regarding the slow network message?

Not a clue, sorry, I know it uses the 2.4 network, might be a bit far from the router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

kave2 wrote: »
    Received my roborock s5 max. Works perfect, amazing piece of tech. Sometimes on the app when I click on robot I get message 'current network is slow, please wait' and it won't load the map. Any solution to this?

When cleaning upstairs do I need to bring docking station upstairs too?
    Thanks

From other fourms I believe this to be an issue with the Roborock servers, might be down to increased users. Have a roborock s5 max awhile only seen this issue in the past two/three weeks. Only seems to be at certain times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Diaell wrote: »
    From other fourms I believe this to be an issue with the Roborock servers, might be down to increased users. Have a roborock s5 max awhile only seen this issue in the past two/three weeks. Only seems to be at certain times too.
    Happening all the time to me these days. PITA.
    It looks like they're making good progress hacking it though so might jump on that once it's available. Hopefully that has offline maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

For the Roborock S5 Max, I see the option to easily change from downstairs to upstairs when selecting a room to vacuum is gone. If I want to change floors I have to go in and play around with the maps to get the upstairs as default!

Any one else see this, FW version is 01.10.26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

when i want to move s5 from downstairs to upstairs, i do it via manage maps - restore

i also get slow network when im outside my wifi or when my wifi signal is ok. are they not accessible via cloud or outside home wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 keg

Any good sales prices for Roborock S5/6 max?

• Advertisement

Any one ever deal with Roborock EU support? Just looking for any feedback with respect to expectations!

The front wheel broke from my Roborock S5 Max, no idea how it happened, I just heard a crack when it was getting back on to the dock! I've dropped them an email as it's still under warranty.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Any one ever deal with Roborock EU support? Just looking for any feedback with respect to expectations!

The front wheel broke from my Roborock S5 Max, no idea how it happened, I just heard a crack when it was getting back on to the dock! I've dropped them an email as it's still under warranty.

Got a reply from Roborock "Generally, A physical damage on the cleaning process is not not covered by warranty." They also said to contact the seller with any warranty queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I see the new Roborock S4 firmware allows for multiple floors. How do you do the second floor without a second dock? How does it know where it is in relation to the rooms?

Thanks

nialldinho wrote: »
    I see the new Roborock S4 firmware allows for multiple floors. How do you do the second floor without a second dock? How does it know where it is in relation to the rooms?

Thanks

For the S5 I just bring the dock upstairs.
    You change the floor in the app and let it off or select a room, but since this is new option for the S4 you will have to let it off and map the space so you can create your rooms first.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭bamayang

Have a sudden horrible noise coming from one of the wheels on Eufy 15c Max. Anyone every have an issue like this before? It got tangled in a stringy Matt thing and has made the noise since.
    I turned the unit upside down and the wheels and cleaners run without the noise.
    Would it be worth trying to open the back and see if it’s something simple/obvious or is this more likely a gearbox type problem?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got a reply from Roborock "Generally, A physical damage on the cleaning process is not not covered by warranty." They also said to contact the seller with any warranty queries.

The motor went on mine early on, something got stuck in it. It was easier to order the spare part and fix it myself, posting the whole thing back to China would probably have cost a fair bit. Hope you get sorted. Presume it's support@roborock-eu.com you're dealing with? I bought from Tom Top originally and was redirected to them by Roborock.

The motor went on mine early on, something got stuck in it. It was easier to order the spare part and fix it myself, posting the whole thing back to China would probably have cost a fair bit. Hope you get sorted. Presume it's support@roborock-eu.com you're dealing with? I bought from Tom Top originally and was redirected to them by Roborock.

Yup - that's the email address alright for Roborock, I bought from EU Global - have pinged them let's see what they come back with.

Thinking the same thing as well to order the wheel and repair it myself. Where did you order the part from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yup - that's the email address alright for Roborock, I bought from EU Global - have pinged them let's see what they come back with.

Thinking the same thing as well to order the wheel and repair it myself. Where did you order the part from?

If it came from eGlobal it's possible its a grey import and won't be covered by local warranty. Good luck getting anywhere with that supplier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

AliExpress, iirc. Looks like they've the wheels.

AliExpress, iirc. Looks like they've the wheels.

Cheers for that. May as well look at ordering a few more other spare parts too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

How would you break front wheel anyway , there is literally nothing to break there really? Any pictures of cracked wheel?
    Left and Right wheels different story , each of them
    got integrated motor along with the gearbox, good chance to break those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Thanks

You have to change your house to multifloor and then it allows you to add thr second map

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

seannash wrote: »
    You have to change your house to multifloor and then it allows you to add thr second map

Thanks. I’ll try that. Just not sure how the unit knows where it is on the second floor once I bring up (after mapping). I assumed it would need the dock brought to a specific location to get its bearings.

alec76 wrote: »
    How would you break front wheel anyway , there is literally nothing to break there really? Any pictures of cracked wheel?
    Left and Right wheels different story , each of them
    got integrated motor along with the gearbox, good chance to break those.

Sure - both attached. All I can think is that it ran over and got caught on something and when it returned to the dock that was the last straw, it had snapped off. The housing around the wheel is cracked as well.

Thanks. I’ll try that. Just not sure how the unit knows where it is on the second floor once I bring up (after mapping). I assumed it would need the dock brought to a specific location to get its bearings.

I just bring the dock and roborock back to roughly the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Sure - both attached. All I can think is that it ran over and got caught on something and when it returned to the dock that was the last straw, it had snapped off. The housing around the wheel is cracked as well.
    Ok, first time seen something like that :)
    This wheel easiest part to replace, just pull out the remaining rod from the socket, normaly you do this without any tools at all just to clean up wheel anyway.
    AliExpress best place for the parts , waiting time only the issue ,2-6 weeks), you might look for this wheel from the local seller , Amazon.co.uk etc
    ps. I would contact Eglobal anyway ( with pictures attached) , make sure you describe the issue properly i.e. product fault , not yours. They might refund you repairing cost ( cost of the wheel )
    Eglobal , as almost any Chinese seller nightmare to deal with but you might need this experience for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

bamayang wrote: »
    Have a sudden horrible noise coming from one of the wheels on Eufy 15c Max. Anyone every have an issue like this before? It got tangled in a stringy Matt thing and has made the noise since.
    I turned the unit upside down and the wheels and cleaners run without the noise.
    Would it be worth trying to open the back and see if it’s something simple/obvious or is this more likely a gearbox type problem?

Yes, very straightforward. There are 4 or 5 screws around the wheel. Take these out and the wheel, motor should come out. You need to detach the spring also. You might have something trapped up in the cavity that is making noise when the weight of the machine is on the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

I am currently looking at getting a Roborock S5 Max to help me with the upkeep of my new house. I see I lot of people mentioned getting it via Aliexpress depots in EU, but whatever I select (Czech Rep. and Spain) I am getting "Can not deliver to Ireland". Are there any workarounds to get them to shipped to Ireland.

Did anyone manage to find one for a reasonable enough price, elsewhere? The cheapest one I could find elsewhere was amazon.fr for €449.95. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

ActionHank wrote: »
    I am currently looking at getting a Roborock S5 Max to help me with the upkeep of my new house. I see I lot of people mentioned getting it via Aliexpress depots in EU, but whatever I select (Czech Rep. and Spain) I am getting "Can not deliver to Ireland". Are there any workarounds to get them to shipped to Ireland.

Did anyone manage to find one for a reasonable enough price, elsewhere? The cheapest one I could find elsewhere was amazon.fr for €449.95. Thanks

For that price you could get two Eufy robots... One for upstairs and one for downstairs... Plus they sell directly from their website and directly via Amazon and have great customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

Bluefoam wrote: »
    For that price you could get two Eufy robots... One for upstairs and one for downstairs... Plus they sell directly from their website and directly via Amazon and have great customer service.

Are those equally as good? I was looking at something with decent enough mopping functionality. Which model would you recommend? There seems to be 20 different versions on Amazon right now, all roughly for the same price. Thanks

Advertisement