Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Web Builder Review

• 30-03-2019 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Greetings!

I am just fed up of WordPress and GoDaddy web builder. Yes, I've used both of them. Then, I was about to switch at Wix but one of my friends recommended me https://pinpage.com/. It is just looking like a brand new drag and drop tool. Have anyone of you used this web page builder? :confused:

If yes, then what are your reviews about this web builder. If, your answer is no then what other web builders you would recommend an attractive and unique looking news site.

I am waiting for your response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If you want a unique looking site, hire a developer. otherwise you be running on a server you've no control over, using templates thousands of others use

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Why would you be switching from WordPress to Wix - that's going backwards. As above if you want an attractive and unique website then hire someone to create one, using themes off the shelf you won't end up with something unique. Using a lightweight theme like Astra or Generate Press and a builder like Beaver Builder or Elementor someone can create you an attractive and unique website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JamesMcClean

Don't hire someone. Instead learn to use bootstrap, there are hundreds of easy templates out there, and you can easily use a web host with it. You probably don't even need a backend, but of course you can code one too. Web development is easy, and hiring a developer is arguably one of the biggest rip offs known to man. Be prepared to be spending $300 to have some know-it-all install some open-source PHP project he found from GitHub.

Don't hire someone. Instead learn to use bootstrap, there are hundreds of easy templates out there, and you can easily use a web host with it. You probably don't even need a backend, but of course you can code one too. Web development is easy, and hiring a developer is arguably one of the biggest rip offs known to man. Be prepared to be spending $300 to have some know-it-all install some open-source PHP project he found from GitHub.

yes, instead spend about $500 of your own time doing a half arsed job :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JamesMcClean

Or spend $2,000 for some college kid to install a wordpress theme for you.

• Advertisement

Or spend $2,000 for some college kid to install a wordpress theme for you.

why would you do that? theres a lot more to a site than a wordpress theme

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Though I prefer WordPress but if you are not satisfied with it, then you would prefer Wix because of a lot of variety of designs and other one-click features. Weebly is also easy to use without the help of any web developer.

Advertisement