Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Stupid cold - I found out last night that I am over 5 weeks pregnant - worried as no symptoms what so ever (except positive pregnancy tests) - my gut feeling is that this little one will not want to stay :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Stupid cold - I found out last night that I am over 5 weeks pregnant - worried as no symptoms what so ever (except positive pregnancy tests) - my gut feeling is that this little one will not want to stay :(

1st of all congrats hun :) so delighted for you both..

Try not to think like that, I've had zero symptoms at all either, every pregnancy is different.. Just try and stay nice and relaxed and think positive :D XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Cathy my fingers and toes are crossed for you. When do you go for scan?

Plus I did test yesterday and wasn't my usual testing kit, it seemed to have a very very faint line, but I'm not sure if it did or not, so I'll leave it another week and if I don't get period test again and make doctors appointment. Plus like everyone else here, it seems, I have a cold too :rolleyes:

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Cathy my fingers and toes are crossed for you. When do you go for scan?

Plus I did test yesterday and wasn't my usual testing kit, it seemed to have a very very faint line, but I'm not sure if it did or not, so I'll leave it another week and if I don't get period test again and make doctors appointment. Plus like everyone else here, it seems, I have a cold too :rolleyes:
    I have not arranged it yet - am a type 1 diabetic and a few other things so it is very high risk - am definitly pregnant though - I did a digital test twice - I feel like the girl from Juno!

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you - I got a faint pink line at 3 and a bit weeks but thought that I was loosing it, then I got several negative tests...was very late though and did a test last night, was bursting to go but held for as long as I can. Hubby is trying to reassure me saying that he thinks that it is a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Congrats Cathy! Try and stay positive, I know it's easy for me to say, and I understand your concern given your history.
    Praying for you that this little poppy seed sticks X

• Advertisement

I think that we will loose another pregnancy - the doctor's test was negative. Am so confused and very upset. I will be getting a blood test on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Huge hugs Cathy I have everything crossed for you pet xx

Oh Cathy lets hope, big hugs

Had another positive digital test and a positive regular test this morning - I may be going overboard but I really want this baby. It is only saying 1-2 weeks (ie 3-4), will be getting the blood test on Friday. My husband has just gone on a medication now for his crohns that will reduce his ability to have children (though he was on similar medication in the past). Thanks for all the good wishes - am just scared. I have developed a very acute sense of smell and taste now, have been craving cheese and spinach but that could be nothing...I want this baby to be OK.

Oh Cathy lets hope, big hugs
    Am thinking of you - fingers crossed for you too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I think that we will loose another pregnancy - the doctor's test was negative. Am so confused and very upset. I will be getting a blood test on Friday.

Oh what a rollercoaster to be on! Given that you took another test and it was positive it could be simply that the miu sensitivity on the doc's test is poor.

fingers and toes are crossed.

Slight bleeding, not a good sign - husband busy in work but he is coming home for a few minutes to check on me - feel resigned and upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cathy I'm so sorry to hear about the bleeding. I'm still hoping and praying for you.
    BarbieGirl I hope this is it for you fingers crossed.

Neillcm
    How are you these days?
    I've been dealing with excess tiredness and nausea for a week and a half now.
    Loads of foods I can't stand anymore and gag when brushing teeth.

If I remember correctly was today your ultrasound?

I had one yesterday and saw my two little beans with their hearts beating.
    Guess it might be time to move over to the pregnancy board but its so scary it took 7 years to get here (4 years of very active ttc) and 3 years of what happens,happens.

To everybody else keep trying it will happen you just never know when or you might need a little extra medical help but its all going to be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Slight bleeding, not a good sign - husband busy in work but he is coming home for a few minutes to check on me - feel resigned and upset.

Hopefully just implantation bleeding!

Hopefully just implantation bleeding!
    I would be 6 weeks on Sunday though and I had implanation bleeding before the my period was due...well I will know tomorrow. I feel sick and have a sore back which is a good sign. How is your little girl? When I met her I was clueless about children - not any more!

I had one yesterday and saw my two little beans with their hearts beating.
    Guess it might be time to move over to the pregnancy board but its so scary it took 7 years to get here (4 years of very active ttc) and 3 years of what happens,happens.

To everybody else keep trying it will happen you just never know when or you might need a little extra medical help but its all going to be worth it in the end.
    2 babies :), am delighted for you :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cathy, the very best of luck today with your blood tests, my fingers & toes are crossed for you x

Congrat's barbiegirl :)

Hope ye don't mind me joining, I've passed the 2 + periods since the miscarriage so time to ttc.
    I was a week late on the period just gone and started getting my hopes up, so horrible when your period does arrive and puts paid to that thought.

I would love to be joining ye in the pregnancy forum soon, here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

Cathy I hope all goes well for you. Very best of luck in your tests.Really hope all works out for you - you deserve it.

TTC4WAY2LONG - yes had my scan yesterday!Like you I'm going to relocate myself to the pregnancy thread after this post. Found out I'm having twins too-what a coincidence eh??!!!I'm over the moon this really has been a long time coming but so glad I'm there now. To be honest...it's still kinda sinking in. Especially the twins part......

To all the other ladies posting here I really do wish you all the best. I was starting to think I'd never get there but it will happen. Just don't give up :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Woohoo...Janey there'll be loads of twins!!! :-)

[QUOTE=Congrat's barbiegirl :)[/QUOTE]

Can't say that yet, no period yet, but don't feel pregnant either. Will test again on Monday and see where we are. Hopefully but not getting my hopes up.

• Advertisement

Am early for dates so I do not know yet if it is viable...not getting my hopes up as there should be a heartbeat at 6 weeks...problem is that I am so worried that I do not want to eat. Just have a bad feeling about this pregnancy.

neillcm - am thrilled for you!

barbiegirl - am crossing everything for you! Hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Sorry barbiegirl, I was jumping the gun a bit, fingers & toes crossed for you that all works out well x

Cathy best of luck for you also :)

Neillcm, thats so lovely, twins! congrats :)

Am going over to the pregnacy thread - have to get through the next almost 2 weeks until I know if my baby is OK. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 neillcm

Fingers crossed Cathy

Cathy here's hoping :-)
    I did my test today and it came back positive but only 1-2 weeks and it's 2.5 weeks since me and hubbie last had relations ;) as I thought I was getting my period, a little bit of bleeding etc. which has all settled down now.
    I'm not letting myself get excited but have an appointment with doctor this evening and we'll see then. I think until I get a scan I won't feel like it's real. So scared to get excited and attached and then lose again.
    But fingers crossed I'll be joining the rest of you in the pregnancy thread shortly.

I did my test today and it came back positive but only 1-2 weeks and it's 2.5 weeks since me and hubbie last had relations ;) as I thought I was getting my period, a little bit of bleeding etc. which has all settled down now.
    I'm not letting myself get excited but have an appointment with doctor this evening and we'll see then. I think until I get a scan I won't feel like it's real. So scared to get excited and attached and then lose again.
    But fingers crossed I'll be joining the rest of you in the pregnancy thread shortly.
    Am thrilled that you are pregnant - I really hope that it goes well for you this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations :D

I know its hard to get attached after a miscarriage, but try and enjoy your pregnany, however anxious you are! 'Pregnant until proven otherwise' as my husband always said to me! And thank god everything went well second time around as I'm sure it will for you too!

Cathy, did the bleeding stop?

Congratulations :D

I know its hard to get attached after a miscarriage, but try and enjoy your pregnany, however anxious you are! 'Pregnant until proven otherwise' as my husband always said to me! And thank god everything went well second time around as I'm sure it will for you too!

Cathy, did the bleeding stop?
    Have not had any bleeding so far today but got bloods - my platelets are high (like in the last pregnancy) and my iron is 14.4 - will ring the diabetic midwife again tomorrow for clarrification.

I am the same, while my last pregnancy resulted in my son all the previous ones miscarried - am petrified.

Edit: I did another one of those tests today and it went up to 2-3 weeks, it is a week behind my dates but at least it is going up. Barbiegirl - I love those digital ones but we both have to not rely on them so much - it is tough when we all want a sucessful pregnancy.

Right so I'm going to take the leep over to the pregnancy section. Keep your fingers crossed that I'm not back here for at least 18 months :-)
    Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

God i hate the 2 week wait....! On day 25 of 30 day cycle and finding it unbearable.... Actually last month was 34 day cycle but was first one since m/c so hopefully it would have settled down more since then. Either way testing on day 25 is waaaay too early! And now have Urinary tract infection to boot! Promised not to test til day 30 but day 28 lookin like a fair compromise at the mo...?!
    While im not here long its lovely to see good news in the from of cathymoran, barbiegirl etc, wish you all the very best with it girls! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement