Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hozier on 10th December. Assume a few more will be added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Duffy98 wrote: »
    You can get pre-sale tickets by pre-ordering their album. That would be your best shot at getting a ticket cause on the day of general release you havent a hope of picking one up cause they will all be gone by 9:01AM. Yeah prices for the gig start off at €63. It would be a class gig in fairness but the prices are a bit steep

Prices are steep allright.
    Was hoping that they might play the Opera House in Cork again ,not sure would I journey to Dublin for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Zardoz wrote: »
    Prices are steep allright.
    Was hoping that they might play the Opera House in Cork again ,not sure would I journey to Dublin for it

They are playing a HEAP in the UK and then 1 in Dublin
    Bit odd...
    Im obsessed with SP and hope the ticket Gods favour me in the presale on Wed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

prices are getting too steep, all we can do is boycott but that's impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

prices are getting too steep, all we can do is boycott but that's impossible!

That's exactly it, they have calculated the maximum peoplele will pay while still filling the place. Don't like it but it's supply and demand.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    That's exactly it, they have calculated the maximum peoplele will pay while still filling the place. Don't like it but it's supply and demand.

SP sold out Olympia anyway I know of a few people who missed out on tickets

dragonfly! wrote: »
    SP sold out Olympia anyway I know of a few people who missed out on tickets

Ah yeah, they can sell out 3Arena so bound to get enough fans paying the ticket price to sell out Olympia!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I was lucky as I got two tickets in the presale but couldn't get a sniff this morning when I looked for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deenie78

I was on ticketmaster at 1 second past 10 and no joy! Mad that they're only doing one night in the Olympia, I kept refreshing in the hopes that a second night would be added ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cathy Davey on in St. David's church in Naas 26th of October. Just spotted it now. That'll be lovely.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Eod100 wrote: »

Hey - there's a 2020 thread now with a bit of discussion on this gig already ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Username you choose

I heard a rumour (on Eminem fan page) that he is doing a European Tour in 2020, slane mentioned as a possible venue.. anyone else have info on a tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

I heard a rumour (on Eminem fan page) that he is doing a European Tour in 2020, slane mentioned as a possible venue.. anyone else have info on a tour?

Going by the last three gigs in Slane and Mountcharles statements about Slane returning to to Rock venue I doubt it will be Slane. The RDS though seen 7 or 8 gigs this summer so I'd pint for that. Just a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

piplip87 wrote: »
    Going by the last three gigs in Slane and Mountcharles statements about Slane returning to to Rock venue I doubt it will be Slane. The RDS though seen 7 or 8 gigs this summer so I'd pint for that. Just a guess

Pretty sure Max rds can do is 5 , what they did this year and that they have 3 /5 already lined up and announced for next year

Pretty sure Max rds can do is 5 , what they did this year and that they have 3 /5 already lined up and announced for next year

I think they had six this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I think they had six this year.

They did indeed

Fleetwood Mac
    Bon Jovi x2
    Pink
    Foo Fighters
    Post Malone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Got tickets for Lloyd Cole in Vicar St next month. All that was left was standing in the balcony. Don’t really want to stand, but no other option. I didn’t think there was standing in the balcony in Vicar St. I’m wondering if there might be any chance of getting a seat on the night. (Age is a terrible thing !!)

trashcan wrote: »
    Got tickets for Lloyd Cole in Vicar St next month. All that was left was standing in the balcony. Don’t really want to stand, but no other option. I didn’t think there was standing in the balcony in Vicar St. I’m wondering if there might be any chance of getting a seat on the night. (Age is a terrible thing !!)

There's standing areas behind the seats in the balcony with a small table ledge but it's unassigned so first come first served.

It's unlikely you'll get seats on the night unless you buy seated tickets. Seats can always look free until someone arrives right as the main act comes on.

I see Robert Forster is back in town for an acoustic set in Whelan's on the 25th of November. Brilliant with the band in the Button factory a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I see Robert Forster is back in town for an acoustic set in Whelan's on the 25th of November. Brilliant with the band in the Button factory a while back.

Was indeed and looking forward to this. Didn't he mention it at that gig?

sweetie wrote: »
    Was indeed and looking forward to this. Didn't he mention it at that gig?

Did he? I thought he only mentioned Cork. Anyway, good to see him back so soon.

The Coronas have added a show in Castlebar for the 28th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 84,955 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is John Newman doing any Irish shows this year end?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,976 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

dunno if its been mentioned yet but Emmett Tinley is playing two solo gis this November:

Nov 2, 2019 | The Stables Mullingar (IE) solo show
    Nov 3, 2019 | Whelan's Dublin (IE) solo show

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/emmett-tinley-tickets-72907856361?aff=eac2

You may recognise the name from the 90s band 'The Prayer Boat' who released two acclaimed albums in the 90s, Polichinelle and Oceanic feeling. Emmett himself also released a beautiful eponomyous solo album in 2011 to go with his first solo album Attic faith in 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Any sign of the Sinatras on these shores in the near future ?

Their Two album acoustic gig in the Workmans was nothing short of a religious experience (for an old atheist like me anyway !)

I see they're currently touring A Happy Pocket and Weightlifting in the US - so we can but hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

trashcan wrote: »

Noticed he's playing Kilkenny (Set) the previous night so have booked 2 tix for that - anyone been to this venue ?? LOOKS nice, but what's it like for an acoustic gig ? Also, any ideas whether this will be a fully seated gig, or seated/standing ?

Only 1 price category so no clues in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

jrar wrote: »
    Noticed he's playing Kilkenny (Set) the previous night so have booked 2 tix for that - anyone been to this venue ?? LOOKS nice, but what's it like for an acoustic gig ? Also, any ideas whether this will be a fully seated gig, or seated/standing ?

Only 1 price category so no clues in that regard

Lovely award winning venue, have seen a good few acts in there, there is a mix of sitting and standing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Miles Kane announced for the Academy on the 22nd of Nov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sorry if this isn't allowed - I have 4x now 2x tickets for Local Natives on Saturday in the Academy that I can't make

If anyone wants these for free PM me.

Advertisement