Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P Smart 2019 - €89.99 when you move to Three

• 18-01-2020 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Link.

Was thinking of porting an unused number to get €50 off this, but I assume it'll come locked to Three and the cheapest unlocking service (for Irish networks) that I've found is €23 from this eBay seller. Still not a bad deal for €113 delivered and unlocked, I guess...

Anyone know of any cheaper unlocking solutions? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

peckerhead wrote: »
    Link.

Was thinking of porting an unused number to get €50 off this, but I assume it'll come locked to Three and the cheapest unlocking service (for Irish networks) that I've found is €23 from this eBay seller. Still not a bad deal for €103 delivered and unlocked, I guess...

Anyone know of any cheaper unlocking solutions? :P

It might not be locked to three but might lock to the network of the first sim that's inserted into the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Phones sold online by Meteor used to do exactly that. I bought many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

sugarman wrote: »
    Literally impossible. It's either locked to the network or not.

Nothing impossible here, it's common on prepay phones from any network, I've had a few from Meteor over the years, it's exactly how it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭barrystealover

is there a way of getting my hands on a sim,for cheap/free, to get the €50 off,does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bought a Vodafone prepay before Xmas (Huawei p 30 lite €99!) & came unlocked.
    I didn't know that so phoned Eir (whom I'm with), said I got a new phone & could they unlock it-said yes & came back to me saying it's already unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Can anyone confirm if this phone is locked to 3? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

is there a way of getting my hands on a sim,for cheap/free, to get the €50 off,does anyone know?
    https://48months.ie/free-sim
    Takes about 2 days to arrive.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this phone is locked to 3? Thanks
    Mine's arriving tomorrow so I'll post back when I've checked.

Edit: it appears to be locked to Three. I'm not in a hurry, so rather than shell out €23 to unlock it I'm gonna get a friend (who's been with Three for >2 years) to ring up and see if they can get a network unlock code from them. But that won't be until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

peckerhead wrote: »
    https://48months.ie/free-sim
    Takes about 2 days to arrive.

Mine's arriving tomorrow so I'll post back when I've checked.

Hi, any update?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Take note, if you port to Three until the end of February, you'll get €20 bonus credit a month for 12 months added to the SIM you've ported. Only top-up requirement is the initial €20 when you buy the phone/SIM.

Bonus credit expires after 28 days but it can be spent on Google Play etc so very useful.

In summary, don't dump that burner SIM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Quackster wrote: »
    Take note, if you port to Three until the end of February, you'll get €20 bonus credit a month for 12 months added to the SIM you've ported. Only top-up requirement is the initial €20 when you buy the phone/SIM.

Bonus credit expires after 28 days but it can be spent on Google Play etc so very useful.

In summary, don't dump that burner SIM!!

That's if you actually get it. My first month was never paid after porting, even after being on to support. So I left.
    (Happily with GoMo note)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

dinneenp wrote: »
    Bought a Vodafone prepay before Xmas (Huawei p 30 lite €99!) & came unlocked.
    I didn't know that so phoned Eir (whom I'm with), said I got a new phone & could they unlock it-said yes & came back to me saying it's already unlocked.

A lot of people had problems getting unlock codes for them. Think Huawei have the phones locked down solid now compared to the past

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

A lot of people had problems getting unlock codes for them. Think Huawei have the phones locked down solid now compared to the past

Locking phones has nothing for to do with Huawei, that the network operators

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭barrystealover

Any update on this?Has anyone got the phone and been able to verify if locked or not? if locked have they been able to unlock it for a reasonable price?

If i get a free sim, buy this porting over the new sim, can i simply throw away the new ported sim and put my current 3 sim in with no issues?

If i get a free sim, buy this porting over the new sim, can i simply throw away the new ported sim and put my current 3 sim in with no issues?

You can, but you'd be throwing away the €240 free credit on the ported SIM that you could potentially find some use for.

Anyone avail of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

You can, but you'd be throwing away the €240 free credit on the ported SIM that you could potentially find some use for.

Ordered the phone on 27/12, ported number and topped up for first time just now, will I get bonus credit, or when did this offer start ?

Looks like the port needed to be after 13 Jan ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Feeling silly, but I can't see any mention of that on the link of the op?

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Feeling silly, but I can't see any mention of that on the link of the op?

Nope, no mention of it anywhere on the site as far as I can see, except on the promotions terms & conditions page:

https://www.three.ie/pdf/Bonus_Credit_Prepay_Promotion_terms_and_conditions.pdf

Nope, no mention of it anywhere on the site as far as I can see, except on the promotions terms & conditions page:

https://www.three.ie/pdf/Bonus_Credit_Prepay_Promotion_terms_and_conditions.pdf
    Cheers, but that seems to be for sim only transfers? Not phones purchased. Or am I reading it wrong?

• Advertisement

Ordered the phone on 27/12, ported number and topped up for first time just now, will I get bonus credit, or when did this offer start ?

Looks like the port needed to be after 13 Jan ...

I did similar (bought a phone just before Christmas and ported last week) and we're covered by a different offer (€10 a month for 12 months):

https://www.three.ie/pdf/prepay_promotion_christmas_terms_and_conditions_2019.pdf

I got the first €10 bonus the day my number ported over.

Cheers, but that seems to be for sim only transfers? Not phones purchased. Or am I reading it wrong?

Ah, my bad. Yeah, it seems the current offer doesn't apply if you purchase a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I did similar (bought a phone just before Christmas and ported last week) and we're covered by a different offer (€10 a month for 12 months):

https://www.three.ie/pdf/prepay_promotion_christmas_terms_and_conditions_2019.pdf

I got the first €10 bonus the day my number ported over.

I might fall between both stools and get nought.

The offer you posted meant buying a 20 euro topup before 12 Jan, which I didn't and the new offer is porting after 13 Jan which I didn't either. :D

Just bought the phone porting a free 48 Sim. I'm sure this will be an upgrade on my old Huawei but is it a decent enough phone even by today's standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Can this offer be got in shop.. Has anyone seen the huawei p smart z with pop up camera.. Is it an upgrade on the p smart 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

€50 off if porting to Vodafone with no requirement to top-up.

P Smart 2019 comes to €110, P Smart Z €160

Comparison:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9694&idPhone2=9409

Anyone unlock this phone ? Psmart 2019
    How did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

P Smart Z €99 if porting to Three.

https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/p-smart-z-black/

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

How did you do it?

I moved a psmart from three to gomo. Initially I thought I would have to purchase an unlocking code, the cheapest code I could find a code was €49, luckily I called three and I was only €10 short of the minimum spend time get the code from them, after some begging and pleading they gave me the code for free.
    I have purchased unlocking codes for other phones but the psmart on three was the most expensive by far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

How did you do it?

Check Unlock.ie don't bother with eBay sellers on there as a few of us had no joy but unlock.ie had the code back within a few days

Advertisement