Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• eagle eye wrote: »
    My first serious bet of the night is on Osborne by finish at 11/8.

I have a little bit on him via sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,480 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have a little bit on him via sub.
    Sub more likely but he is capable of the ko too.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

That was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    That was quick

Thats what she said ....(sorry)

• How are people betting in the Holm fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,998 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How are people betting in the Holm fight.

Rocky by decision

• Mellor wrote: »
    Rocky by decision

Alright I'll copy you then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Did anyone bet on conor winning by kick knockout and get a payout? The UFC site has it listed by tko via kick but people seem to consider it by punches.

spix wrote: »
    Did anyone bet on conor winning by kick knockout and get a payout? The UFC site has it listed by tko via kick but people seem to consider it by punches.

It was clearly a TKO by punches. Expecting to get paid for a kick is a stretch.

Mellor wrote: »
    It was clearly a TKO by punches. Expecting to get paid for a kick is a stretch.

I agree but it made me wonder if the UFC considers the knock out caused by a kick, then shouldn't it be considered a winning bet? Is this how the UFC always does it when someone lands a good kick and then follows it up with punches, they still consider it a kick knockout? The punches were really just the finishers needed to get the ref to step in, it was really caused by the kick. It does make sense when I think about it, whichever strike sets up the finishing sequence and causes the other fighter to shell up in defense and not strike back once, should be considered the method of victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

tko by punches is the correct decision

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I saw tweets the other day (retweeted by Sean Sheehan I think) where sky weren't paying out of specific method of punches as they were calling it a head kick KO.

They settle their markets based on ufcstats.com, which lists magnet of victory as "Head Kick at a distance". Dunno whether they paid out on head kick KO though...

I agree but it made me wonder if the UFC considers the knock out caused by a kick, then shouldn't it be considered a winning bet?Is this how the UFC always does it when someone lands a good kick and then follows it up with punches, they still consider it a kick knockout? The punches were really just the finishers needed to get the ref to step in, it was really caused by the kick. It does make sense when I think about it, whichever strike sets up the finishing sequence and causes the other fighter to shell up in defense and not strike back once, should be considered the method of victory.
    The fight stats on UFCs website come from fightmetric. No idea what their criteria are.
    If the kick dropped him I’d agree. But he was standing for a good few strikes after.

He landed 20 strikes. I think the kick was 5th or so.

Mellor wrote: »
    The fight stats on UFCs website come from fightmetric. No idea what their criteria are.
    If the kick dropped him I’d agree. But he was standing for a good few strikes after.

He landed 20 strikes. I think the kick was 5th or so.

Cowboy made no attempt to fight back after the head kick though, all the strikes afterwards were to someone just shelling up. So really it was the kick that got the job done, everything afterwards was just the ref giving him time to show something which he didn't. If cowboy attempted to fight back between the kick and the stoppage then it shouldn't be considered a kick ko, whichever strike causes the fighter to stop fighting should be the method of victory, imo. Kick was around the 9th, he had an accidental knee at start, 4 shoulders, 1 knee in the break, a lead uppercut followed by body shot, then the kick.

Cowboy made no attempt to fight back after the head kick though, all the strikes afterwards were to someone just shelling up. So really it was the kick that got the job done, everything afterwards was just the ref giving him time to show something which he didn't. If cowboy attempted to fight back between the kick and the stoppage then it shouldn't be considered a kick ko, whichever strike causes the fighter to stop fighting should be the method of victory, imo. Kick was around the 9th, he had an accidental knee at start, 4 shoulders, 1 knee in the break, a lead uppercut followed by body shot, then the kick.

I dont think the accidental quad/knee is counted. He hit him 20 times after the kick, many were blocked by cowboys arms.
    I disagree that Cowboy was shelling up waiting for the ref. He was covering up, but that’s the intelligent way to defend. He was also trying to invert and establish a guard initially. He was hurt. Attempting to strike back from there would be dumb.
    About half through the strikes, he balled up and froze. Fight over.

The way I see it, if Conor didn’t swarm him, it’s not stopped from the kick. But with TKOs it’s not always a single strike that ends it. It’s not a market I ever bet on.
    Unlike specific sub which is a lot clearer, usually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Doing my usual small stakes value hunting for interest, your eye is naturally drawn to the women's fights where you can use the "by decision" odds booster.

Hope Lina Lansberg's Indian summer continues at 3.5 by decision, neither lady is a spring chicken.

Lucie Padalova has a terrible record against poor fighters so was surprised to see her fav, Kish has a better record to my eye so have her at 3.0 by decision

From memory Angela Hill looked better in her last fight, but her opponent Hannah Cifer's record isn't terrible so 3.1 by decision

In the main and co-main I was very surprised at the odds, I thought they would be a lot closer so went with the outsider in both, Chiesa at 2.9 and dos Santos at 3.3

Should Blaydes really be that strong a fav? I guess we will find out. First fight is at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,480 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nice call on Fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

117-1 as a Treble for Ilir Latifi to beat Derrick Lewis, Chookagian to beat Shevchenko and Reyes to beat Jones.

Huge underdogs but stranger things have happened in MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    117-1 as a Treble for Ilir Latifi to beat Derrick Lewis, Chookagian to beat Shevchenko and Reyes to beat Jones.

Huge underdogs but stranger things have happened in MMA.

Those should be the odds on Chookagian alone. Can't see anyway she wins tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

My outside bet for tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Chookagian is 10/1 to win via decision...absurd price. Nom nom.

I've done it as a single and also double it with Jones decision (23/10). 36/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jones and shevchenko fights to go distance at 4.24

jones pts 2/1

very small singles/double on reyes pts and chook pts, have a sneaking feeling I'll get a run for my money on one of them, reyes more than likely
    prices too tempting for me to ignore (11s)

thought latifi had a shot but in lewis backyard I'm not so sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Dbl on Shevcenko KO/TKO and Jones pts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Dbl on Shevcenko KO/TKO and Jones pts.

My Bets
    Congrats! You have won €562.50
    Double (x1)
    W
    Valentina Shevchenko v Katlyn Chookagian - Method of Victory
    Valentina Shevchenko by KO/TKO
    W
    Jon Jones v Dominick Reyes - Method of Victory
    Jon Jones by Points
    Stake:
    €50.00
    Returns:
    €562.50

Saweeeeet!

anyone tempted by diego at 11/8 or pts 5/2 might even have a small bet on diego round 3 20/1

the way perreira tired last time out against a fairly average
    fighter has to be a worry
    Of course all his flips and showmanship probably didn't help his cause

will he do enough in the first 7/8 minutes to win the rest of the fight is probably the question to ask?

No way I could bet on Diego at this point in his career

Got Diego to win in my accumulator for tonight

Diego beats Pereira
    Means beats Rodriguez
    Dvalishvili beats Kenney
    Devin Clark beats Townsend
    Jim Miller beats Holtzman
    Borg beats Bontorin
    Medeiros beats Vannata
    Andersob beats Blachowicz

100/1

change of heart on diego, mate is on perreira pts which is huge at 7/1

could win the first two and hold on for dear life in the third

gone for the double of vannata medeiros to go the distance and corey to win at 17/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I have a friend that has sparred with Mara Romero Borella (back around 2016) and she's a beast.

I'll have her with Pereira and Borg in a treble @6s. All to win.

Advertisement