Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For Sale/Swap/Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

rickyjb wrote: »
    I've been wanting to try Jack the Ripple for ages but it's sold out, I have about half a bottle of famous 5 layer (18mg) that I'd swap you for it?

pm received, ill send it over.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

If newbies stick to recommended e-liquids at least for awhile they might have better luck finding the kind of flavours you like. cheap is not always better especially when it comes to made in china. :)

Trying a dekang orange is not the same experience as highbrows Orange de sangre, that's a simple one but you'll get the idea.

The reason I was curious about that ad was coz I was trying to find somewhere local to my house where I could buy e-liquid. It would be handy in-case I ran out at the weekend. Also buying straight from a vender saves me having to top up my 02 money card, waiting for the post man, paying for postage etc. Since losing my job recently I'm totally broke.

Also I thought that if I bought from the vendors house/shop/wherever then I might be able to test/taste the e-liquid before I buy. So far I haven't liked any e-liquids that I have bought on-line, so I've wasted money. The only e-liquids that I like and use are the ones I was able to test first. I am beyond fussy when it comes to flavors. I'm a total nightmare..... :rolleyes:

I'm glad I asked though. I don't want to buy anything awful. I'll stick with proper e-cig web-sites and shops. I'm trying to find good value, but I don't wanna buy rubbish. I'll stick to the e-liquids that I have & like. I dying to try RY4, I've heard so much about it. It sounds similar to the Vmist "5 Star" that I love!

Thanx everyone for the advice! Later Gators! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I like the RY-4. I have found the joyetech (available from the best shop) or wingnuts RY-C9 to be my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I dying to try RY4, I've heard so much about it. It sounds similar to the Vmist "5 Star" that I love!

Thanx everyone for the advice! Later Gators! :)

I think I've a couple of sample 5ml of RY wingnuts variants at home that I didn't like and won't use now I've found El Toro Virginia Prime!!

Will have a look over the weekend and will send 'em on to you if I still have them :)

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I think I've a couple of sample 5ml of RY wingnuts variants at home that I didn't like and won't use now I've found El Toro Virginia Prime!!

Will have a look over the weekend and will send 'em on to you if I still have them :)

That would be GREAT! Thank you! In return I could send you 30mls of Highbrow "Watermelon" 18mg and 10ml of Winhnuts "The Anto Mix." 18mg. :)

EDIT....... Those El Toro liquids sound really nice. I'll splash out some day and try one. Are they all tobacco flavours? I've hated ever fruit/sweet flavour that I've tried. I'll be sticking with tobacco flavour from now on. Lesson learned.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

They're all tobacco flavours, yep.

My DIY tobaccos are gonna be finished steeping this weekend so I'll send some samples and you can see if you like the natural tobaccos.

And I'll decant some El Toro and send for you to try too....

Grindle and DublinCJM I really appreciate that, thank you so so much! :)

I didn't think that I'd find it so hard to find flavors that I like. The Vmist 5 Star tobacco is the only flavor that I really like so far, but I've been vaping it for 3 and a half weeks. I've only about 2mls of 5 star left, so I'm having to vap flavors that I'm not mad about. Although the Vmist Mystic Lemon is lovely too, but it gets a bit bitter after a while.

I'd love to be able to swap flavors around during the day. I'll PM you both a list of E-liquids that I have that I don't like and you guys can decide between yous what ones you'd like me to send yous in return.

I'm in my Mums now, but I'll send the PM when I get home in a few hours.

Thanx! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Gillian, I tried the 5 star, and, for me anyway, it's very close to wingnuts Virginia flue cured tobacco flavour. I didn't like either of them, but noticed the similarities when I vaped the 5 star at Smoke Different last week.

quintron wrote: »
    Gillian, I tried the 5 star, and, for me anyway, it's very close to wingnuts Virginia flue cured tobacco flavour. I didn't like either of them, but noticed the similarities when I vaped the 5 star at Smoke Different last week.

Thanks Quinton! :) That is good to know! Its so hard to tell from the written descriptions on the web-sites what the e-liquids taste like. Its a pity that more customers don't post reviews on e-cig web-sites.

I'm not gonna write reviews though coz I'm a total pain in the arse when it comes to finding flavors I like. I've been fussy about food and flavors since I was a child. I had hoped that I'd grow out of it as I got older, but I never did. I'm a real plain Jane when it comes to food. It seems that I'm a total nightmare when it comes to e-liquids. I do my own head in..... :rolleyes:

That "Juicebox Jukebox" is a brilliant idea! It gives readers a great description of each e-liquid. I like the way each juice on Juicebox Jukebox is scored on ~Vapor Production ~Throat Hit ~Flavour ~Description and ~Over All Score. It doesn't matter if the the reviewer likes or dislikes the juice coz you still get a really good idea what the juice is like. The reviews are well thought out & well written. I wish I'd found "Juicebox Jukebox" before I'd bought all the juices that I don't like.

(Could you imagine if I reviewed juices on Juicebox Jukebox?! All my reviews would be - "Eh? I don't like that, its too sweet" or else "Um? I Don't like that, not sweet enough!" - Moan - whinge - whine - ;) I'd bore the readers to sleep! So, I won't be volunteering for that job! No way jose! )

One of my most stupid mistakes so far was buying a 30ml bottle of a juice that I hadn't tested, I should have bought a small tester bottle first. DOH! Another lesson learned!

Here is a link to "Juice-box Jukebox" for anyone new like me who hasn't seen it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApusSR3qoG2XdDVsWHc2bVlfY1R5YlNoY2FLUHdyWUE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

OK, looking for some swaps for this lot;

El Toro Eden 18mg: 60ml, almost full,
    El Toro Eden 18mg; 10ml bottle almost full
    T-juice bubble gum 16mg; about 7ml left from a 10ml bottle
    HS delight and HS impulse, both 18mg, 10ml bottle barely touched, just sampled
    Dekang blueberry 24mg; about 20ml left from a 30ml bottle

Good swap or €40 for the lot, anyone interested ? I'll throw in a couple of random left over juices for asking price

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Grindle and DublinCJM I really appreciate that, thank you so so much! :)

I didn't think that I'd find it so hard to find flavors that I like. The Vmist 5 Star tobacco is the only flavor that I really like so far, but I've been vaping it for 3 and a half weeks. I've only about 2mls of 5 star left, so I'm having to vap flavors that I'm not mad about. Although the Vmist Mystic Lemon is lovely too, but it gets a bit bitter after a while.

I'd love to be able to swap flavors around during the day. I'll PM you both a list of E-liquids that I have that I don't like and you guys can decide between yous what ones you'd like me to send yous in return.

I'm in my Mums now, but I'll send the PM when I get home in a few hours.

Thanx! :)

Hiya. I found 5 x 5ml sample bottles one of which is the Virginia fire cured quintron mentions above. I've tried em all so there's only a few mls in each one but at least you can see which ones you like you fussy fecker :D:D

Also threw a few mls of El Toro Virginia prime in a bottle for you to try too.

No need for anything in return, but thanks for the offer anyway :)

PM an address and ill send em tomorrow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Good swap or €40 for the lot, anyone interested ? I'll throw in a couple of random left over juices for asking price

Would you sell the Bubble gun and 10ml Eden seperate?

It would barely be worthwhile, as the postage will probably be as much as they're worth :/

You're right though, it is indeed called 'Bubble gun' ;)

I'd prefer to sell the lot as a pack or do swaps. Have you anything to swap for them? Or take the big bottle of Eden too, all 3 for €22 inc postage? The 60ml of Eden is worth that alone.

I'll take the Eden & Bubble Gum cagey, if Celly doesn't want. Cheers Q.

I'll take em all of your hands if the 40 includes postage....

Wanted to try the Eden and Bubble Gum anyways....

Yeah I'll include postage. Pm your address and I'll pass on my paypal, They're ready to go soon as payment is received :)

Sorry quintron, but getting rid of all is better for me ;) need to clear out the juice press, it's over flowing, literally!

Also!! I forgot to include the Cigare de Paris, and as I'm an honest chap I will include it as it's already in the box. There's about 10ml or more left in a 30ml bottle and I originally had it on the list, but edited at some point and it got omitted. Phew, that makes the value better I think.

No bother cagey. I'm in a similar boat myself! ;)

Yeah I'll include postage. Pm your address and I'll pass on my paypal, They're ready to go soon as payment is received :)

Sorry quintron, but getting rid of all is better for me ;) need to clear out the juice press, it's over flowing, literally!

Also!! I forgot to include the Cigare de Paris, and as I'm an honest chap I will include it as it's already in the box. There's about 10ml or more left in a 30ml bottle and I originally had it on the list, but edited at some point and it got omitted. Phew, that makes the value better I think.

Very honest of you old bean.

PM sent :)

Just seen it now, replied there ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »
    They're all tobacco flavours, yep.

My DIY tobaccos are gonna be finished steeping this weekend so I'll send some samples and you can see if you like the natural tobaccos.

Grindle, I don't like carts, but I have to say that homemade tobacco of yours is absolutely fantastic in a Boge low resistance carto. I just had one lying about and used the condom method to get it in.

I'll have to see how well the cart does with such a mucky juice, but it's really pushing out flavour and has a decent throat hit for a carto.

Sitting on a 650mah Ego with the cone, it looks great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jamie72 wrote: »
    I'll have to see how well the cart does with such a mucky juice, but it's really pushing out flavour and has a decent throat hit for a carto.

Dead carto in 3...2...

Haven't used a carto for around a year I think, be curious to see how it holds up to a battering from a natural tobacco. Didn't find out about El Toro juices until I got rebuilding (for the best if my experiences with Virginia Prime and clearos was any indicator).

Gillian72/tommy2bad, juices needed a longer steep than anticipated, haven't forgotten about ye!
    Havana leaf's shaping up nicely, Turkish could be nicer and the Fire Cured... Pretty much everything should be cured in my opinion. If it works for bacon and tobacco it HAS to work for everything else.

Edit: ooh, AND I found 6ml of Swedish Fish at the bottom of my case of magical vape and wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

2 Ego Twist...1 1000ma(New) and 1 900ma... , 2 Kanger Protank(Sterilized) , 4 new Protank heads still in blister, 1 Ego Charger and 50mls El Toro Cigarillos and 15m of 18mg Tobacco ... 50 euro the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

A random selection of all sorts of bits and pieces - eRoll, few clearos, mass of juices (including virginia prime). free to anyone who wants to collect in clontarf- have to clear some space in the new gaff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

lettuce97 wrote: »
    A random selection of all sorts of bits and pieces - eRoll, few clearos, mass of juices (including virginia prime). free to anyone who wants to collect in clontarf- have to clear some space in the new gaff.

I'll find a happy home for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

I'll find a happy home for them.

Good stuff - pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

dar926 wrote: »
    2 Ego Twist...1 1000ma(New) and 1 900ma... , 2 Kanger Protank(Sterilized) , 4 new Protank heads still in blister, 1 Ego Charger and 50mls El Toro Cigarillos ... 50 euro the lot

Where u based?

Based In Dunlaoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

dar926 wrote: »
    Based In Dunlaoghaire

Ah no worries. It was for friend but think he's buying a starter kit from ESI now.
    Cheers anyway

• Advertisement

No Problem Iggy

Advertisement