Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving test wait times

• 29-04-2021 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

LONG POST ALERT

Probably doesn't deserve a thread but specific enough

Right so I have my EDT done. The instructor in question has my logbook but can't access the RSA portal. Has to wait for lockdown levels to be lifted I think.

My edt was done when there was a "glitch" in the system so I took advantage of that but instructor needs to wait to put that up on system so as to apply it legitimately. In other words that the EDT was done on legal dates (when you could)

Now, I'm on an automated waiting list for the RSA. I'll be waiting for that EDT to be confirmed, on top of the existing waiting period, so whatever that is??
    Can't even think about a test until a completed EDT is confirmed.

I've done extra lessons but not planning to much further due to costs

I've nothing to practice though in the short or long term, not buying anything of my own or insurance until I pass the test.

So I have no real way of ironing out my mistakes in between. It's lessons or nothing

Only solution I have is to do more lessons nearer to test date and be ready that way instead of losing money here and now

Any know the reckonable wait times or have an alternative to the above problem??

Should I just hold off lessons now and bide my time until I get a test??

Reading somewhere wait times is 25 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

LONG POST ALERT

Probably doesn't deserve a thread but specific enough

Right so I have my EDT done. The instructor in question has my logbook but can't access the RSA portal. Has to wait for lockdown levels to be lifted I think.

My edt was done when there was a "glitch" in the system so I took advantage of that but instructor needs to wait to put that up on system so as to apply it legitimately. In other words that the EDT was done on legal dates (when you could)

Now, I'm on an automated waiting list for the RSA. I'll be waiting for that EDT to be confirmed, on top of the existing waiting period, so whatever that is??
    Can't even think about a test until a completed EDT is confirmed.

I've done extra lessons but not planning to much further due to costs

I've nothing to practice though in the short or long term, not buying anything of my own or insurance until I pass the test.

So I have no real way of ironing out my mistakes in between. It's lessons or nothing

Only solution I have is to do more lessons nearer to test date and be ready that way instead of losing money here and now

Any know the reckonable wait times or have an alternative to the above problem??

Should I just hold off lessons now and bide my time until I get a test??

Reading somewhere wait times is 25 weeks

So you knowinlgly took lessons during lockdown illegally. I hope the Rsa monitor the the uploading of multiple lessons and in some way sanction the people involved in scamming the system .
    Your instructor has your logbook which is not allowed.
    your now asking has anyone a way of bypassing the system .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 haypennydenver

SteveAdti wrote: »
    So you knowinlgly took lessons during lockdown illegally. I hope the Rsa monitor the the uploading of multiple lessons and in some way sanction the people involved in scamming the system .
    Your instructor has your logbook which is not allowed.
    your now asking has anyone a way of bypassing the system .

No. Quite simply no. RSA provided me with a test date. Anyone with a test date can therefore could do EDT plus I'm an essential worker and the paperwork to prove such was provided to the RSA.

They offered me the test date so I couldn't have bypassed any system. I'm going to be waiting like everyone else. I basically said that. I know many people doing practice lessons before going on to do EDT when they get the chance so don't give us that.

RSA were quite happy to take my 85 quid and not refund it or allow lessons be recognised. Cant have it both ways. RSA's cockup not mine nor driving school.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Yet you and the Instructor both knew that you shouldnt have been given the date.
    I assume that the RSA pulled the test date when they manually checked the lessons were not logged . Still a lie of convenience by you and the Instructor . They should be reprimanded and you cant claim ignorance . Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 18 haypennydenver

Mine isn't an isolated case. Anyone at that time who could prove they were an essential worker got a test date and therefore could do lessons.

Who else was going to be supplying the RSA money at that point in time only essential workers? Again I say they were happy to take money, not refund it or recognize lessons.

They have to go after all the essential workers now and their instructors to which they took money from and gave test dates to back then.

Advertisement