Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Contact lenses help

• 11-05-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Has anyone any tips about getting contact lenses in and out?

I just had a consultation and couldn’t get it at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

did you manage to get one in at all? or were you blinking and kicking it out of your eye straight away?

try hold your finger steady in front of your eye with the lens pointed the right way and move your head forward if you found touching your eye difficult

when it does touch your eye try count a few seconds before blinking. takes a few for it to settle down otherwise it'll get blinked out of your eye

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Have you practiced touching your eye without a contact lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I did manage to get both lenses in each eye, but it took a bit of work. I couldn’t get them back out, the optician did it for me. :P

I have no problem touching my eye without the lenses!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

coming back out you will need a mirror the first time. with your thumb and first finger touch them onto the lens and pinch slightly and it jumps up off your eye

not pinching your eye or anything so you need to get a feel for when you're touching the lens and use very light pressure. Easier done than described genuinely

helps if you're not in any rush to take it out and if you can't get it after a few tries just close your eye for a little while then try again rather than going at it digging it out in a panic

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Thank you to all that have replied!

I went back for another teaching lesson and it went well! I’ve a month prescription for now and I am wearing them home! Just needed a little more confidence! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭LeBash

TK Lemon wrote: »
    Thank you to all that have replied!

I went back for another teaching lesson and it went well! I’ve a month prescription for now and I am wearing them home! Just needed a little more confidence! :)

It's like driving a car, it's impossible the first few times and then it just happens.

Advertisement