Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos 8 Seater Patio Set - 148 delivery included

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"
    Maintenance: Clean your outdoor furniture regularly with a mild, soapy water before drying it thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth. If storing your furniture indoors isn't an option, invest in a good quality cover for protection against the elements. Regular maintenance and care will make your outdoor furniture last longer."

"General features:
    Can be left outside all year."

:D

Super bargain mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

better pics and some reviews here
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4611543

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I would say it's very cheaply made and would deteriorate rapidly unless kept inside when not in use

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any ideas if the chairs are stackable on top of each other, doesn't look like they are, would be nice to be able to stack them away in the shed for the winter.

Rather mixed reviews on UK site...

8 seater patio set
    Good quality easy to assemble comfortable.

Regret buying
    Terrible quality throughout, some of the pre drilled holes on the chairs where out of alignment or been drilled twice and wrong angles. The parasol is put together incorrectly not allowing the two parts to mate together. One box of chairs had parts missing and fixings in no condition to allowing construction

Looks good but poor
    Chips in all the wood the parasol turns all the time some of the chairs creak wood not great

Great table for a get together.
    Nice looking. Easy to put together. Good for the money.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4611543

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Got one, thanks for posting. I see they're only £99 on the UK site, gouging feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Looks like a great price. But also looks like it could be very flimsy. Would be fearfully that it could fall apart after one or two summers

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

This finally arrived today - after a failed delivery last weekend... still consider it a bargain, even if I do only get two summers out of it.

The parasol doesn't seem the strongest, but while the table & chairs are fairly light, they are sturdy and solid once put together.

Looks good but will need annual maintenance which is no big deal.

I wouldn't be overly impressed if I paid €520 - which is what it's going for at the minute, but if it came up again for €147 (delivered) and you're looking for something similar, you could do a lot worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Mine delivered and put together last week... its not bad and in fairness even if it was 300 quid it would of been a good buy... Keep it treated every year and you're bound to get a good 5 year plus out of it imo... Driver said they were flat out delivering loads of them... Btw thanks op...

Berberis wrote: »
    Looks like a great price. But also looks like it could be very flimsy. Would be fearfully that it could fall apart after one or two summers

And we give a shlt why? For €138 I now have a fantastic 8 place outdoor set delivered to my home that I'll put away in autumn and take out again in May. With lashings of cuprinol it will last me at least 3 years. Best bargain I've gotten in recent memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

And we give a shlt why? For €138 I now have a fantastic 8 place outdoor set delivered to my home that I'll put away in autumn and take out again in May. With lashings of cuprinol it will last me at least 3 years. Best bargain I've gotten in recent memory.

Whooa I'm so sorry to have appeared to offend you by saying I would be fearfully that your precious patio set MIGHT be a tad flimsy.
    regardless I do hope you enjoy same.
    Happy Friday to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Showing at 519 now

Berberis wrote: »
    Whooa I'm so sorry to have appeared to offend you by saying I would be fearfully that your precious patio set MIGHT be a tad flimsy.
    regardless I do hope you enjoy same.
    Happy Friday to you

I know I know, holy thread resurrection batman, but just put this set away for the winter today once again. A huge huge thanks to the op, I've had 3 good years out of this set with many a good party around it and it looks like I'll get at least another 4 or 5 season's use. Thanks BA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Has this BA expired?

I'm so sorry, yes it has expired. I was lucky enough, thanks to the op to buy it for €138 delivered. It's rare you find a bargain like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement