Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Did I correctly understand earlier posts by eggerb ? Top-up of €15 gives free calls but €15 credit expires after 30 days ?

Any unconsumed credit lasts 90 days from date of top up, bundles last for 30 days.

The top up keep credit offer allows that credit to be used to buy bundles for up to 90 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭eggerb

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Any unconsumed credit lasts 90 days from date of top up, bundles last for 30 days.

The top up keep credit offer allows that credit to be used to buy bundles for up to 90 days.

I'd be happy if that was the case but the current terms seem to suggedt that the top up expires after 30...

Customer will receive FREE National Data and FREE Unlimited National minutes in Ireland with every €15 or more (top-up must be single top-up not cumulative) if you top up €20 or more you will receive maximum 20GB data and you get to keep the top up amount as promo credit. The free minutes, data and promo balance are valid for 30 days from the top-up. After free minutes and data expired, you will be charged at standard rates. You must have minimum balance of 1ct to enjoy the offer. The free credit can be used to purchase additional Lycamobile products (i.e. bundles) or make International standards calls, but the credit cannot be transferred. The free credit cannot be used to call Premium Service numbers. Any call or data charges will be deducted first from the free allowances. Free Call National Minutes cannot be used to call Premium Service numbers or roaming services. To check your remaining data allowance dial: *147#. Lycamobile reserves the right to replace or amend the offer or these Terms & Conditions or to withdraw the offer at any time on reasonable notice.

Offer valid until 31/07/2020

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/special-offers/special-offers-top-up-offers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

It's says keep the top up as promo credit. That means that can change at any time. Am I right in saying that?
    I would prefer known you keep your credit permanently.
    I know there is very few networks let you do that now

It's a bit cryptic, if it expires after 30 days (as it seems to suggest) then buy a bundle just before it expires...it just means one less day of usage over 2 months.

The wording isn't consistent either...
    "Promo credit"
    "Promo balance"
    "Free credit"

It doesn't definitively say that it expires...it says it remains valid for 30 days...splitting hairs but only Lyca know exactly what it means.

Only way to find out for definite is when someone reports what actually happens with their credit after 30 days.

What details are given from balance check *131#
    Are expiry dates specified and is there a differentiation between promo credit, top up credit, free credit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone having issues trying to topup on their site?
    I am using paypal. The paypal tab pops up, payment agreed on paypal portal, then goes back to lyca and says payment failed/try again..
    I tried twice more with security disabled and a different browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Suckit wrote: »
    I am using paypal. The paypal tab pops up, payment agreed on paypal portal, then goes back to lyca and says payment failed/try again..

I had the exact same problem earlier in week but second attempt worked.

3 payments pending in paypal, I had to ring them and was told I can't topup for 3-4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭eggerb

Suckit wrote: »

Needed to top up one of the kids accounts tonight and I could not top up by €15. I received an error message that there was a top up for the same amount (€15) pending. It failed on both PayPal and my card.

I topped up by €20 instead using my card. Normally use PayPal and tried for the €15. Not sure if i tried PayPal for the €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi I need to switch from Lyca because I can't access my bank account .I got a anpost sim for the free month but I am not receiving the switching sms message from anpost on my phone anyone know how to fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

homingbird wrote: »
    Hi I need to switch from Lyca because I can't access my bank account .I got a anpost sim for the free month but I am not receiving the switching sms message from anpost on my phone anyone know how to fix this.

have you even tried contacting lyca customers service?

• Advertisement

May not be of use immediately but IMO it's better to get a SIM from 3 and use it in a spare (or dual SIM) phone for 2FA SMS.

That may not work now unless your bank allow you to change your number.....they might not allow changing number without verfied log in....so it's catch 22.

Yes i tried contacting CS by email no reply & by phone bad line to Taiwan or where ever CS IS did not know what i was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Just tried to buy the 3month bundle for 22.50.
    App and website won't let me buy it.
    I am an existing customer and have 25 euro in my account.
    Says I don't have enough funds. Last top-up yesterday.
    Has anyone been successful doing this.
    Can't find a ussd code to buy it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,296 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Link to 'the 3month bundle for 22.50' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

zell12 wrote: »
    Link to 'the 3month bundle for 22.50' ?

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundles/#/longtermplans

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle/ireland-plan-m/

3 months for 22.50

Reverts to 15 per month in month 4.
    Unlimited National Mins
    Unlimited National SMS
    75 GB (25GB / 30 days)

• Long-term plans are available to buy for New/Existing customers.
    • The buy price is for three months renewal when paying online.
    • The fourth month the price will revert back to €15/30 days, you need to have enough balance to renew.

EU Roaming Data 7GB

That is a good deal!
    Better than the current e7.50pm deal except you have to ensure you opt-out of renewal.
    Think I found your issue, you cannot buy with credit.
    Long Term Plans (the offer, 3 months plan) are available to buy in advance on special rates and the standard price will revert to the original price on or at the end of the terms indicated during purchase.
    Long Term Plans are valid for new customers and existing customers buying online with a Debit/credit card Only and Autorenewal must ON.
    Long Term Plans allowance is only for calls, texts & data usage in Ireland. Other usage will be charged at a standard rate. Allowance is valid for 30 days only including the day of purchase. Each bundle will expire 30 days from the purchase date

I currently operate the €7.50 monthly topup/bundle alternative month plan.

I think I will avail of this for a few reasons

1) Data allowance is larger
    2) Topping up/buying bundles every quarter instead of every month
    3) Not getting charged for SMS every other month.

As you are able to auto-renew, I guess you can stay on this package indefinitely?

It's not totally clear but they say month 4 is 15e and is autorenewed so it appears to be 4 months for 37.50 rather than 6 months for 45e.....but it's open to interpretation.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It's not totally clear but they say month 4 is 15e and is autorenewed so it appears to be 4 months for 37.50 rather than 6 months for 45e.....but it's open to interpretation.

I agree. The fourth month statement is a bit confusing. I absolutely love Lyca but they don't make their services and charging very transparent. I'll get onto a chat with them to see what this 4th month is.

• Advertisement

I do be confused.
    It appears e22.50 for three months, then reverts to e45 for the following three months or e15pm.:confused:
    T&Cs
    Long Term Plans (the offer, 3 months plan) are available to buy in advance on special rates and the standard price will revert to the original price on or at the end of the terms indicated during purchase.
    Long Term Plans are valid for new customers and existing customers buying online with a Debit/credit card Only and Autorenewal must ON.
    Long Term Plans allowance is only for calls, texts & data usage in Ireland. Other usage will be charged at a standard rate. Allowance is valid for 30 days only including the day of purchase. Each bundle will expire 30 days from the purchase date.
    Long Term Plans will auto be re-new each month until the end of the duration of the purchased terms.

The allowance also includes texts to any national network, mobile data usage in Ireland, calls to other Lycamobile numbers in Ireland. Any calls, SMS or data usage beyond the bundle allowance, will be charged on the standard rate. In bundle data usage is rounded up and charged in 1KB increments. Once the data allowance of a bundle has been fully used, additional data usage will be charged at €0.09/MB.
    International calls & texts, short numbers calls, calls & texts to special and premium numbers and other value-added services are excluded from your allowance. Any unused allowance after the validity period will not be carried forward. The bundles are for non-commercial, private, personal use only. Lycamobile reserve the right to amend or vary the terms of this promotion, or to withdraw this plan at any time on reasonable notice. Any illegal, misuse or unethical activity will result in immediate suspension of the service or the activities that considered as illegitimate usage will result in barring the service. The customer is required to use the offer in a lawful manner, in good faith and fairness and must refrain from achieving benefits different from those related to the normal use of the offer for interpersonal communication.

For more information or if you require any support with this offer please contact our customer service team on 1923 (call charges may apply). Offer valid from 04.09.2020.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    I agree. The fourth month statement is a bit confusing. I absolutely love Lyca but they don't make their services and charging very transparent. I'll get onto a chat with them to see what this 4th month is.

Just got through to their "support". Fairly awful experience to say the least.

Anyway, the rep said that this was a once off bundle and that you can only ever buy this once and that's why it will revert back to €15 on the fourth month. What's the autorenewal for then :rolleyes:

Anyway, Mine is due for renewal in 2 weeks. I'll buy the bundle and then disable autorenewal. See what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

3 months for 22.50, that's excellent. I got a sim in my local mace. As soon as my credit is gone with tesco I'll move over.

3 months for 22.50, that's excellent. I got a sim in my local mace. As soon as my credit is gone with tesco I'll move over.

48 is now 7.99 per month for new customers without any of the hurdles that Lyca have.

What hurdles? (genuine question).
    I picked up my sim from a tray in a shop that had a load of them.
    Ported the number over and was using the credit I bought (from the same shop) within 30 minutes. That was for my neighbour less than 2 weeks ago.

What hurdles? (genuine question).
    I picked up my sim from a tray in a shop that had a load of them.
    Ported the number over and was using the credit I bought (from the same shop) within 30 minutes. That was for my neighbour less than 2 weeks ago.

IMO Lyca have too many different plans and offers.

Keeping plans simple is what works as shown by Gomo and 48.

I was with 48 and found them ok. Switched to Lyca, when there is an issue they are scutter.
    Gomo are probably equal to them (lyca) in terms of support.
    48 are a decent option, but if you know what plan you want with lyca, it's straight forward enough, but will definitely be looking at the 48 €7.99 per month. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 keenanem

What network is lycamobile on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

keenanem wrote: »
    What network is lycamobile on?

• Advertisement

isnt the 3 month deal 4 months as when you topup by 15 euro or more you get a free month then buy the deal.

Advertisement