Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you taller/shorter than your parents?

• 17-11-2019 12:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I didn't get any of my fathers tall genes. My dad is 50 and 5ft 11, my mother is 47 and 5ft 5, I'm 21 and only 5ft 5in.

Apparently most men are taller than their fathers as adults but it's almost impossible for an adult man to be shorter than his mother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Short arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭NSAman

Short arse.
    Must be from Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

NSAman wrote: »
    Must be from Cork
    Me, or shorty?

I'm not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Whatever happens, please, no one call this fine gentleman a midget, that would be ableist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I’m 6’2” so yeah towering over the folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

My da is the only short-ish male of his siblings and my ma is 5 foot and all her siblings are quite short. My siblings are both short. I'm 6 ft so definitely dodged a bullet or there's something my mother needs to fess up about.

The men on my wife's side are all really tall and my kids definitely seem to be going that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

My dad is tall. My mam is small. I'm tall but my brother is taller than me. Neither of us are as tall as my dad. How tall is my dad??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Tammy! wrote: »
    My dad is tall. My mam is small. I'm tall but my brother is taller than me. Neither of us are as tall as my dad. How tall is my dad??

Tall

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

My parents are the same height. I'm a foot taller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My da went the shop for milk and never came back. I probably am taller than him now but I'll never know.

Omackeral wrote: »
    My da went the shop for milk and never came back. I probably am taller than him now but I'll never know.

You might indeed be taller than him now omackeral but you'd never win him in a fight. It's
    psychological :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'm 5'11" taller than my folks who are happily still around. My height and that of my siblings is the tallest of our familial generation. My sons and those of my brother are hitting 6'3" so looking up to my kids and nephew I feel like a short ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Much taller, both my parents were approx 5'3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I dunno - I was found under a cabbage plant ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Taller. They were born in the 40's , there was no such thing as bananas then. Not in Ireland anyway. Nutrition matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Emmitt Little Mandrake

I'm the oldest, a bit taller than my mam (she's 5'6" I'm 5'8"), my sister is taller than me, my dad is 6'0" (or sorry, dad, 6'0.5" he's particular about that :D) and my brother who's the youngest is 6'3". Tis as well they stopped at three kids they'd have ended up with giants.

My OH's dad is maaaybe 5'10" and he's 6'4" or thereabouts, he's the bop of him though. He's the youngest too, fair whack taller than his siblings, wonder if there's something to where you come in the birth order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

I'm always fascinated can the size of your mickey come from your mother's side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Emmitt Little Mandrake

I've got my dad's tits, so...

I've got my dad's tits, so...

:pac: really made me lol :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

2pacshakur wrote: »
    I'm always fascinated can the size of your mickey come from your mother's side
    Guess what the op’s next thread will be about...

I got my height from my dad and the way I put on weight is from my dad where all it goes on my tummy. But got my boobs from my mam most definitely!

I remember being in first year in college and two of the girls came up to me after being in the pub with the lads and said they'd voted together that I'd the best boobs in the class! Yay! No joke I wasnt even impressed. I was genuinely thinking eh what? but as I've got older I've learned to appreciate the compliment and use it as a humble brag on the internet :D:D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'm about 5 inches taller than my father and about 11 feet taller than my mother :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A lot taller than my mother, and a little than my father

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Aren't sons supposed to be taller than their mothers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm taller than my mam but the shortest of my family other than that. 5' 7" and I've two sisters taller than me. My dad and brothers are all over 6'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I’m 6’2” so yeah towering over the folks

Im 6'4" , well 6'3" 3/4.
    Much taller than any of my family. I always hated people commenting on how tall I was. Though I have a 2nd cousin 6'8" or something and I used to love when he was at events as he would bear the brunt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Boards is really weird lately. Between 4 year olds in bikinis to height related topics it's bizarre. Anyway on topic I'm from a short family. I'm 5 foot 6 and I'm the tallest out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭KevRossi

My Dad was 6’3” and carried 16 stone without it being noticeable, huge fecker in his day, very wide shoulders, hands like shovels, strong as an Ox. My mother was a very dainty 5’4”, was very fit, very healthy. Both born in the 1940’s.

I’m 5’9” and any weight goes straight on the belly. I’ve worked on a farm since I was a kid and have done plenty of manual work since, but have very delicate, very white fingers. Only thing I have from the ‘oul fella is strength, like him I’m noted for being very strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

All sons are taller than their mother.
    Back in the day when flat racehorse trainers were interviewing a boy for the position of apprentice jockey the invited the mother to the interview.
    If the mother was tall then no job for the son.

Advertisement