Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-06-2017, 12:30   #1576
RandomAccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdeP View Post
Doesn't the management company/security have access to the main electrical board, so they could just send the whole apartment electricity down? I'd say they would get tired being in the dark after while and they would move somewhere else. I guess.
In today's compo culture that would be too risky.
Advertisement
02-06-2017, 13:28   #1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAccess View Post
In today's compo culture that would be too risky.
Nothing to do with compo, anyone in the apartment could be hooked up to some sort of medical equipment. Unlikely in this case, but you never known with some people.
02-06-2017, 14:23   #1578
NeilFB

Hi everyone, this is a very useful thread!! I don't know if this was already discussed but has anyone noticed that the clock on the oven is slower than the clock on the microwave? If you set the two clocks to the same time the oven loses time and eventually there are a few hours in the difference. We contacted the kitchen company who are lovely to deal with and they replaced the oven but unfortunately it's still happening.
02-06-2017, 14:34   #1579
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilFB View Post
Hi everyone, this is a very useful thread!! I don't know if this was already discussed but has anyone noticed that the clock on the oven is slower than the clock on the microwave? If you set the two clocks to the same time the oven loses time and eventually there are a few hours in the difference. We contacted the kitchen company who are lovely to deal with and they replaced the oven but unfortunately it's still happening.
Anyone noticed that the fan oven is really really loud?
02-06-2017, 14:45   #1580
Bruncvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisRegard View Post
Nothing to do with compo, anyone in the apartment could be hooked up to some sort of medical equipment. Unlikely in this case, but you never known with some people.
I was also thinking about cutting off their power. That was the standard procedure in apartment buildings where I lived before, and people usually took the hint.

Be it as it is, it's too late for that, so I just hope the apartment owner will be presented with a bill for disturbing the peace.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-06-2017, 15:44   #1581
Keithchap

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria6232 View Post

Do the herons facing canal get any sunlight in the back garden?

Thanks
I used "find my shadow" to work out the Sun for the 4 beds facing the canal, you only get the Sun from late April till about September.
Does anyone know when this Satelite photo would have been taken? I'm guessing Summer 2016 based on the progress of the development. There is a fair amount of Sun in the back garden of the Herons:

Gogle Maps

Google Earth

I can't find a date for the photo.

Last edited by Keithchap; 02-06-2017 at 15:50.
02-06-2017, 16:10   #1582
Arbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithchap View Post
I used "find my shadow" to work out the Sun for the 4 beds facing the canal, you only get the Sun from late April till about September.
Does anyone know when this Satelite photo would have been taken? I'm guessing Summer 2016 based on the progress of the development. There is a fair amount of Sun in the back garden of the Herons:

Gogle Maps

Google Earth

I can't find a date for the photo.
That was around May 2016
Thanks from:
02-06-2017, 18:58   #1583
Nhol78

We got the switch for the network installed today and all of the network points in all of the rooms live,  Took about 90 minutes,  The person who did it also supplied 8  CAT 6 network cables for us to connect our devices up, All I need now is the internet to be set-up, if anyone is interested I can post a picture tomorrow.
Thanks from:
02-06-2017, 21:08   #1584
John Mason
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
has anyone found a reliable garage for a car service in the area ?

As usual, can you PM me,please
Advertisement
03-06-2017, 06:41   #1585
Nhol78

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post
has anyone found a reliable garage for a car service in the area ?

As usual, can you PM me,please
I will send you a place that can be walked too from RCP, Guys are very reliable, Handbrake switch went and they fixed it for a great price and they also fixed my NCT problems earlier in the year
Thanks from:
03-06-2017, 13:36   #1586
Manion

So the speed bumps have been removed from bridge avenue. Already seeing people speed up down the avenue. It seems people view it as a main route as opposed to a road through a residential area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
It's an F rated fan, it's loud and not very efficient.
04-06-2017, 14:32   #1587
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
Do you have the model of the oven? Curious to Google it to see its actually rating.
If it's really really loud it would sound like a fault to me, even the cheapest of ovens shouldn't be so loud - Google for others who have the oven to see if they share the same problem.
04-06-2017, 16:57   #1588
OrdeP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerking View Post
Do you have the model of the oven? Curious to Google it to see its actually rating.
If it's really really loud it would sound like a fault to me, even the cheapest of ovens shouldn't be so loud - Google for others who have the oven to see if they share the same problem.

I believe cronos was referring the extractor fan.
I also find it very noisy, but very effective. So as long as it does the job I won't bother too much, at least for now.
04-06-2017, 20:22   #1589
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdeP View Post
I believe cronos was referring the extractor fan.
I also find it very noisy, but very effective. So as long as it does the job I won't bother too much, at least for now.
I was actually referring to the fan in the oven and not the extractor fan. I'm thinking it is faulty though, it's just so bad it couldn't be normal.
04-06-2017, 20:30   #1590
RandomAccess

My extractor fan is very roughly finished and probably came out of the box that way. Is anyone else's the same?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion