Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AshleighClaire

I never got any topics or anything like that in the email, all I got was one example of a question they might ask about past work.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dnk123

I never got any topics or anything like that in the email, all I got was one example of a question they might ask about past work.

Yeah same as me, never said anything about wiring a plug just normal interview questions

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mccartney11

dnk123 wrote: »
    Yeah same as me, never said anything about wiring a plug just normal interview questions

I went for interview last year and I was asked how to wire a plug, was told to know , it's not hard anyway lol

I went for interview last year and I was asked how to wire a plug, was told to know , it's not hard anyway lol

Haha yeah no harm in knowing anyway

As its for an electrical apprenticeship does that mean if you got it you'd be trained as a linesman or which electrical section would it be, electrician ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Pilchards

As its for an electrical apprenticeship does that mean if you got it you'd be trained as a linesman or which electrical section would it be, electrician ?

You'll be trained as an electrician and do normal off job in an IT as like all other electricians and end up with a fetac electricians cert (level 6 advanced) But along with being trained in that area, you will also be trained in lines, cable jointing, HV station work and operating the network/fault hunting. You will be trained in these areas both on the job in 3 month rotations between different departments, and in the training school in Portlaoise, which you'll also spend quite a bit of time in

Best of luck to all in the interviews!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Has anyone who hasent heard anything contacted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

thekopend wrote: »
    Has anyone who hasent heard anything contacted them?

I did today. She said they are in the process of contacting everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Wolf00 wrote: »
    I did today. She said they are in the process of contacting everyone.

Do you have a contact number for the person who is dealing with the applications?

Thanks

Do you have a contact number for the person who is dealing with the applications?

Thanks

I just replied to the last email I received from them. I didn't get any info from them on my application, I'll just have to wait. I'm presuming that since the interviews are being held next week that I didn't get through.

• Advertisement

I just replied to the last email I received from them. I didn't get any info from them on my application, I'll just have to wait. I'm presuming that since the interviews are being held next week that I didn't get through.

Okay, same as myself I received the email stating they will be in touch but heard nothing guess unless a miracle I wasn't successful for interview.

Okay, same as myself I received the email stating they will be in touch but heard nothing guess unless a miracle I wasn't successful for interview.

1890393939 , that's the number I was given for apprentice department

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

Got my interview for the 22nd of June up in Dublin. Anyone have any advice on the how the interview goes? or common questions they like to ask? I've never had an interview with a panel of people :/

If u read back through this thread there are a few posts from last year where people gave advice on what issues to cover.They mentioned safety and team work are very important. You could Google it and you may be able to find the posts.

Best of luck with the interview.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

1890393939 , that's the number I was given for apprentice department

Don't get too disheartened but that is your place in the apprentice queue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 garlo1990

I got a call meself a couple of weeks ago..then a confirmation email a few days ago..have interview next Tuesday 23rd in the head office in dublin..how many ppl get through to the interview stage?

2011 wrote: »
    Don't get too disheartened but that is your place in the apprentice queue :pac:

Haha.

I just got off the phone with person in the recruitment department of ESB, she said they still going through the applications its a manual process and they will let each applicant know either way, its just high number of applications this year.

Hope there is still hope :)

I just got off the phone with person in the recruitment department of ESB, she said they still going through the applications its a manual process and they will let each applicant know either way, its just high number of applications this year.

Hope there is still hope :)
    Fingers crossed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jsno122

Any one who had an interview what questions were asked? Any help would be appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jsno122

Thanking you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭EletricMan

Anyone if they will offer more jobs at the end of the apprenticeship than they have over the past few years?

I know they give you the interview questions in the e-mail but anyone who has a interview next week or soon could they post here what they asked and if anything else was asked thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

I know they give you the interview questions in the e-mail but anyone who has a interview next week or soon could they post here what they asked and if anything else was asked thanks!!

Hi. I don't have interview date yet but will hopefully get one soon. I doubt anyone will come on here and tell us the questions. It's a competition after all. They would be putting themselves at a big disadvantage. Just my opinion

jrobertos wrote: »
    Hi. I don't have interview date yet but will hopefully get one soon. I doubt anyone will come on here and tell us the questions. It's a competition after all. They would be putting themselves at a big disadvantage. Just my opinion

Thats true but hopefully someones kind hearted and likes to help others haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't know the questions, but have experience with the company. Safety is massive at the moment, so stress safety and following procedures

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

Everything has gone rather quite here😊

Anyone have there interview yet ?

Got an email this morning, didn't get an interview. Best of luck to those who did.

Got an email this morning, didn't get an interview. Best of luck to those who did.

Sorry to hear that man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shay321

Just had my interview today for the ESB apprenticeship 2015, Went okay I suppose bit nervous and went blank for a few seconds the usual... was able to answer any question they had for me about the company etc. Just wondering if anybody knows roughly of when I would hear if I have been successful to go for the medical or also not successful? anybody else in the same position?

Advertisement