Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redmi note 8 pro Vs Moto g8 plus

• 12-12-2019 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm debating pulling the trigger on one of these, any opinions which is the better buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭zonular

zonular wrote: »
    I'm debating pulling the trigger on one of these, any opinions which is the better buy?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I like Xiaomi. Some dont like the Miui skin. But thats easily remedied with Nova (or another launcher)
    I like the Redmi!

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-moto-g8-plus,xiaomi-redmi-note-8-pro-global-6gb-128gb

Looking at some reviews on them:
    Redmi
    Good: Great performance, Versatile cameras, Premium build quality, HDR display
    Bad Gets warm under load, Sub-par low-light video performance

Moto
    Good: Versatile triple camera system, Stereo speakers, Impressive battery system
    Bad: Average performance, Cameras need further tuning, Can't take wide-angle pictures

GBX wrote: »
    I like Xiaomi. Some dont like the Miui skin. But thats easily remedied with Nova (or another launcher)
    I like the Redmi!

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/motorola-moto-g8-plus,xiaomi-redmi-note-8-pro-global-6gb-128gb

Looking at some reviews on them:
    Redmi
    Good: Great performance, Versatile cameras, Premium build quality, HDR display
    Bad Gets warm under load, Sub-par low-light video performance

Moto
    Good: Versatile triple camera system, Stereo speakers, Impressive battery system
    Bad: Average performance, Cameras need further tuning, Can't take wide-angle pictures

Thanks for the guide, it's a crazy mine field out there. Looking at the realme phones aswell.

Out of interest where would you recommend ordering the Xiaomi phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Thanks for the guide, it's a crazy mine field out there. Looking at the realme phones aswell.

Out of interest where would you recommend ordering the Xiaomi phones?

Bangood charge a tenner extra for a vat free delivery

Use PayPal

Alternatively Amazon for a proper warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnjohnjohn

got the note 8 pro myself about a month ago on ebay for 217 euro. genuinely unbelievable phone, camera great, very fast, good screen, could push three days out of the battery if i had to. i charge to 90% and recharge from about 25 and that gets me 2 days. the 64mp camera is brilliant. ultra wide camera is a bit of a gimic and not really useful. night camera is above average. selfie camera very good in good light. havent had overheating issues at all. id say youd experience that if you were playing games for a very long period of time

• Advertisement

got the note 8 pro myself about a month ago on ebay for 217 euro. genuinely unbelievable phone, camera great, very fast, good screen, could push three days out of the battery if i had to. i charge to 90% and recharge from about 25 and that gets me 2 days. the 64mp camera is brilliant. ultra wide camera is a bit of a gimic and not really useful. night camera is above average. selfie camera very good in good light. havent had overheating issues at all. id say youd experience that if you were playing games for a very long period of time

You've pushed me over the edge on this. Out of interest how do you find the audio on headphones read some sketchy reports that have put me off

You've pushed me over the edge on this. Out of interest how do you find the audio on headphones read some sketchy reports that have put me off

im an average user of a phone so i dont notice any different from any other phone. the most important for me was camera and im very impressed. facial recognition is cool also and very fast. others have complained about the fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone. i have found no issue with it. it was voted the best mid range smart phone recently

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Can I ask what phone you had before the Redmi? Just looking to see what you are comparing it to.

Can I ask what phone you had before the Redmi? Just looking to see what you are comparing it to.

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣iPhone 5s for 5 years !! So a big step up. Maybe I like the phone so much because it's such a big jump in performance

Ordered it yesterday, should be here next week, I'll leave a review soonish if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

How did ye get on?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    How did ye get on?

I bought the Moto for the missus as she didn't want to take a leap into something new, I got the redmi note 8 pro. I'd get the pro in a heartbeat, great bit of kit

Advertisement