Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Thargor wrote: »
    Why is everyone so obsessed with updates tbh? There hasnt been a killer feature added to Android in ages, its just minor tweaks. Security isnt the big deal people make it out to be either.

Same reason people are obsessed with speakers, RAM, etc. People are different.

There's lots of stuff in the new versions that I wouldn't want to stop using again.

Miui is always heavy Oxygen OS will beat it any day. Custom Roms shud decrease the gap.

Does this kind of stuff really exist anymore? I know it used to make a difference back in 2012, but i really don't think it's a massive thing anymore.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Does this kind of stuff really exist anymore? I know it used to make a difference back in 2012, but i really don't think it's a massive thing anymore.

I don't want to look at MIUI no matter what year it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Throw Nova on there or any other launcher then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Seems very promising re custom roms.

459825.jpg

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Throw Nova on there or any other launcher then.

Launchers are just a home screen and an app drawer.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Launchers are just a home screen and an app drawer.

But really, 95% of anyone's usage is home screen, app drawer, and play store apps that are the same on any phone.

Basil3 wrote: »
    But really, 95% of anyone's usage is home screen, app drawer, and play store apps that are the same on any phone.

That's grand, but I couldn't look at MIUI with a launcher personally. There's too many options out there to have to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Based on my non-existent Spanish, am I right in thinking that from this that Xiaomi's official partner in Spain is Aliexpress?
    And then from this that it's currently available for €299?

Presuming they only ship to Spain, is there a Spanish equivalent of Parcel Motel with insurance to cover getting it to Ireland? Or is there another reliable looking option elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Has the Kevlar edition gone on sale anywhere yet?

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Has the Kevlar edition gone on sale anywhere yet?

I've not seen it yet. I'll likey go for that version myself if possible.

Edit:
    https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-POCO-F1-Armoured-Edition-6_18-inch-8GB-RAM-256GB-ROM-Snapdragon-845-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1343725.html?utm_campaign=Kimo30&utm_content=Isabela&p=QV2409786796201409DB&cur_warehouse=HK

Hong Kong warehouse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I put the poco launcher on my Redmi note3 and it's very slick. Like how you can list apps by colours
    Apk on apkmirror if anyone wants to try it.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/poco-launcher/poco-launcher-2-6-0-3-release/poco-launcher-2-6-0-3-android-apk-download/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Hong Kong warehouse though.

I definitely wouldn't risk buying another phone from banggood or gearbest. Have been hit with customs 3 out of 4 times in the passed 6 months.

I'll definitely order from eglobal or locally once the 256GB is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

tedpan wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't risk buying another phone from banggood or gearbest. Have been hit with customs 3 out of 4 times in the passed 6 months.

I'll definitely order from eglobal or locally once the 256GB is available.

how long would you think that would be?1 month/3months?

how long would you think that would be?1 month/3months?

From what I've read online, before the end of September. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote:
    No Widevine L1, so no HD Netflix, etc.

As long as there's YouTube, I'm happy. Don't stream Netflix or anything like it to my mobile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

corwill wrote: »

Would people actually watch Netflix on their phones? It's not something I've ever done and wouldn't imagine it'd be great to be honest with the small screen and eating battery.

Been having itchy fingers the last few days and looking at lots of different options to change from my One Plus 5.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would people actually watch Netflix on their phones? It's not something I've ever done and wouldn't imagine it'd be great to be honest with the small screen and eating battery.

Been having itchy fingers the last few days and looking at lots of different options to change from my One Plus 5.

I do occasionally. I see a fair few on the train doing the same.

Not a massive issue for me, as the same position prevails on my OnePlus 5, but it might be for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

720p is more than enough on a screen that small for movies/tv shows anyway.

• Advertisement

720p is more than enough on a screen that small for movies/tv shows anyway.

It seems from the linked article that Widevine L3 only gets you 540p streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Silly question, but has this actually launched in Europe? There was the launch announcement earlier in the week, it seems to be officially on sale in Spain (but I can't find a way of getting one forwarded on) but there's not much anywhere else. Amazon UK and France seem to have a handful of 3rd party seller who look like they're importing it based on the delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

MOH wrote: »
    Silly question, but has this actually launched in Europe? There was the launch announcement earlier in the week, it seems to be officially on sale in Spain (but I can't find a way of getting one forwarded on) but there's not much anywhere else. Amazon UK and France seem to have a handful of 3rd party seller who look like they're importing it based on the delivery dates.
    Mi.com had a sales launch in Spain yesterday which looks like it sold out at around 4am this morning. Here is Mi.com's Spanish sales site and the Aliexpress page that it link's too.

Hard to tell for sure, you can only scroll back the transaction history to page 51 but it looks like they only had about 1000 units available. They only had the 6/64 version available in Black or Blue @ €299 after a €30 off voucher available on their website.

Next Spanish sales event is not until Sept. 5th. but delivery is only available to a Spanish address.

Here in Sweden the local Xiaomi agent has the 128GB version on there website but if you click to buy it says that it is not in stock and it is priced at a ridiculous 4490 SEK which is about €422.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

My eglobalcentral.eu order has been shipped at last,will keep you updated

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

tedpan wrote:
    As long as there's YouTube, I'm happy. Don't stream Netflix or anything like it to my mobile

L3 on my one plus 3 and I can view YouTube at 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've got to order one of these for the wife later.
    Will likely buy from Eglobalcentral UK as they have a 5.99 voucher and topcashback has 2% cashback too.
    Brings it in at @ £282 and shipping for the 128gb, any better pricing around?

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    My eglobalcentral.eu order has been shipped at last,will keep you updated

64 or 128GB version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

banie01 wrote: »
    I've got to order one of these for the wife later.
    Will likely buy from Eglobalcentral UK as they have a 5.99 voucher and topcashback has 2% cashback too.
    Brings it in at @ £282 and shipping for the 128gb, any better pricing around?

Where are you shipping to and how much is shipping from eglobalUK?

banie01 wrote:
    I've got to order one of these for the wife later. Will likely buy from Eglobalcentral UK as they have a 5.99 voucher and topcashback has 2% cashback too. Brings it in at @ £282 and shipping for the 128gb, any better pricing around?

Snotty wrote:
    Where are you shipping to and how much is shipping from eglobalUK?

You can only ship to the UK and the last time I tried to ship to parcel motel my order was cancelled. Not sure how to order from the UK site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

I just ordered a 6gb/128gb blue one from eglobalcentral.eu
    Free delivery to Ireland in 6-8 working days
    €326 (using a 5.99 off voucher) which doesn't seem bad
    Order is currently in progress - I'll check back in when it arrives

Advertisement