Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

guil wrote: »
    Only time I need to enter the pin is when the fingerprint doesn't work for 4 or maybe 5 tries.

Really?

Maybe I've some setting on that forces me to input the pattern once the first fingerprint unlock doesn't work. I'll have to try play around with it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Has anyone ever had their S10 repaired via Samsung warranty?

Via FonFix based in Dublin btw.

Was told I'd have my phone back within 7 days from the day it was collected. So far it's been 12 days and no sign of it being returned.

FonFix themselves are very fast at replying to emails but when asking for how long before I have my phone returned to me, they give very vague, generic answers. Not specific to my case.

Google reviews for FonFix are also far from reassuring.

Has anyone had experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

Hopefully someone can help me.
    My S10 says I'm using 127GB of available space.
    I know its wrong but i can't find how to clear it
    It seems to be a standard problem on this phone so any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

What's the best glass screen protector that allows the fingerprint reader to work for an s10 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

So, november 5th I got a mail from Samsung (having queried the fact that I hadn’t received my watch within the promised 45-day period) saying:

Unfortunately due to this promotion being more popular than we initially expected we have experienced a few slight delays with the delivery of the gifts for this promotion.
    We aim to dispatch your gift as soon as possible and you should receive a notification or email once the tracking number is processed.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

So, november 5th I got a mail from Samsung (having queried the fact that I hadn’t received my watch within the promised 45-day period) saying:

Unfortunately due to this promotion being more popular than we initially expected we have experienced a few slight delays with the delivery of the gifts for this promotion.
    We aim to dispatch your gift as soon as possible and you should receive a notification or email once the tracking number is processed.
    We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have you still not received even a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Nope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jamesd wrote: »
    What's the best glass screen protector that allows the fingerprint reader to work for an s10 ?

Anyone using a glass screen saver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Expect to spend around €70 for the one that works...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I've my phone since the release date and don't use a screen protector, thereisnt a mark on it.

I do use Spigen cover for the back of it.Found the 8 and 9 cracked and scratched on the back very easily .

• Advertisement

niallb wrote: »
    Expect to spend around €70 for the one that works...

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

New problem on my S10 Plus. The swipe down menu has stopped working on the home screen. Works fine on the lock screen and when the phone is in landscape mode it works on the home screen, but it will not work in usual portrait mode on the home screen. Tried resetting and still the same issue. Anyone have any ideas or encountered this? Seems to be a software issue.

Duff wrote:
    New problem on my S10 Plus. The swipe down menu has stopped working on the home screen. Works fine on the lock screen and when the phone is in landscape mode it works on the home screen, but it will not work in usual portrait mode on the home screen. Tried resetting and still the same issue. Anyone have any ideas or encountered this? Seems to be a software issue.

Maybe try install a new launcher such as Nova to see if it then works?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Maybe try install a new launcher such as Nova to see if it then works?

Just tried it, still seems to be an issue even with a different launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Samsung Galaxy S10 Dual SIM Prism Black Version-P-DE, Standard

Any issues with getting this from Amazon.de and using in Ireland with Irish SIM?

Just received the One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10 OTA. 1979.05MB

Just updated also and now the Fotmob Pro app and Vodafone tv app isn't working. Anyone getting similar issues? Is it possible to uninstall the update?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just updated also and now the Fotmob Pro app and Vodafone tv app isn't working. Anyone getting similar issues? Is it possible to uninstall the update?

They probably haven't updated their apps yet so.

Not really, afaik, you can only flash a new (older) version back onto it. (Probably factory resetting everything)

If you wait a few days, the Devs will probably update their apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fotmob is still working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Is anyone having problems with Google Pay since updating to Android 10?

It was working fine on my partner's phone until she updated. Now when she goes to use it she gets an error on the phone saying it can't be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is anyone having problems with Google Pay since updating to Android 10?

It was working fine on my partner's phone until she updated. Now when she goes to use it she gets an error on the phone saying it can't be used.

Used it twice today without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

eggy81 wrote: »
    Used it twice today without issue.

Thanks for confirming it's working ok for you. I must take her phone and give it a try and see what the problem is. She's been using it without problems since she got the phone so strange how it's acting up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Samsung Galaxy S10 Dual SIM Prism Black Version-P-DE, Standard

Any issues with getting this from Amazon.de and using in Ireland with Irish SIM?

For others, S10 from any European Amazon site will work in Ireland. The only thing is you may get a two-pin plug. But that's no big deal as it is just a plug for a USB cable, so just use provided USB cable in a 3 pin plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I had a system ui message appear in my pull down menu yesterday but I can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried swiping left and right and long holding it but nothing other than muting it for a few hours. Any suggestions how to get rid of it?

markc1184 wrote: »
    I had a system ui message appear in my pull down menu yesterday but I can't seem to get rid of it. I have tried swiping left and right and long holding it but nothing other than muting it for a few hours. Any suggestions how to get rid of it?

If you press the tabs button and swipe it away does it dissappear?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No it stays in the pull down and has an icon on the status bar.

markc1184 wrote: »
    No it stays in the pull down and has an icon on the status bar.

What is it? If its something that's playing you need to stop it first then swipe.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Do you get a gear cog if you drag it to the right or left?

What is it? If its something that's playing you need to stop it first then swipe.

It's to do with my sd card. It must have got corrupted and the phone won't write to it now and the notification says it has been set to read only. I just thought I would be able to get rid of the notification until I get a new card from Amazon.
    SuprSi wrote: »
    Do you get a gear cog if you drag it to the right or left?

Yes and it brings me to the System UI app notifications but all but 2 of the toggle buttons are greyed out.

On a separate note I know there was a menu that allowed you to format the cards but for the life of me I cant find it now, even after googling I don't seem to have the Storage settings menu.

Edit. I've found the format bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Not too impressed with this update, anyone else feel the same?

All icons are bigger and clunkier
    Fingerprint Unlock definitely working poorer
    Swiftkey keyboard has this annoying new layout, resulting in lots of half sent or error-ridden messages.

Advertisement