Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung A40 better than J5 ??

• 12-12-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Quick question. I have a J5 2017 phone.
    Its ok, but I find it pretty slow to respond when I try to open apps or when I unlock the lock screen.

I'm looking at an offer on the A40...

Just wondering would that phone be appreciably faster and more responsive than the J5. Is it worth my while going to the A40 (90 euros) or should I aim higher if I am to get a less laggy phone?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi
    Did you upgraded at the end ?

On specs looks better and have better and bigger screen for sure.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9642&idPhone2=8705
    so
    My kid have J5 but not remember if 2017 or 2016 and he is getting update to A40 so I will know how good update it will be.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

I've just bought the A40 with that deal , for 90e it is well worth changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Hi
    Did you upgraded at the end ?

On specs looks better and have better and bigger screen for sure.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9642&idPhone2=8705
    so
    My kid have J5 but not remember if 2017 or 2016 and he is getting update to A40 so I will know how good update it will be.

Tom

Ahh I didn't bother in the end.
    Personally the bigger screen makes it less attractive.. I much prefer a smaller phone. They are getting stupid big these days IMHO.

Advertisement