Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Pubs and Clubs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Babalugats wrote: »
    Where are all the old Bruxelles metal heads drinking now?

I used be one of them. Indeed i do drink at home and at gigs and various other pubs but Bruxelles can do one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Babalugats

There was still a late 20's/early 30's contingent in Bruxelles up until a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

When they started dictating to the DJ's what they could and couldn't play and hiked the price of their disgusting pints that's when i called time on it. I started drinking there when i was a teenager and used love the place. (I'm in my mid forties now).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Liberty Valance

Will the halcyon days of downstairs in Bruxelles ever be re-created?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Will the halcyon days of downstairs in Bruxelles ever be re-created?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Possibly only with reunion nights.

McGonagles Reunion

15400933_1153154481387903_5817380564003418638_n.jpg?oh=d02fee4c3da080d9b83d4f2a722f2585&oe=58EFCDEC

Event Page

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

15621857_1317895858250370_7975487846100093164_n.jpg?oh=5a95e57d08bffcc0043e2d6f25bdddf6&oe=58E9B915

Savage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only realised i put that in the wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 33 O. K. Corral

Is metal back in Bruxelles?

Is metal back in Bruxelles?

No.

I thought it never left...

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought it never left...

It left alright. After the redecoration a couple years ago. Jukebox was removed and resident DJ's departed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Passenger wrote: »
    It left alright. After the redecoration a couple years ago. Jukebox was removed and resident DJ's departed.

It was an insult to have Phil statue outside the door :(

Haven't been in quite some time but saw various social media posts, GnR press conference, fans drinking with Disturbed etc and it being referred to as Dublins #1 rock bar either they want to try appease that tag or just bluffin'.

Hard to keep up with the thread sometimes. It's on, it's off, it never left etc.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've been twice in recent months and both nights being a friday and there was a metal DJ all night, took requests and played them pretty much straight away, it was deadly!

I know that practically all the bars and clubs are doing a Black Sabbath "aftershow" on Friday including Bruxies. The DJ on there that night is very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Hard to keep up with the thread sometimes. It's on, it's off, it never left etc.. :)

Yer man just likes to be especially negative and dismissive of the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Apart from Fibbers, Gypsy Rose and O'Reillys.... is that it for rock bars really? I suppose Cassidys, Pmacs and Blackbird play good tunes too(bonus stinger bars)... But has anywhere new popped up?

• Advertisement

Sin é usually has a decent mix of Rock/Metal/Alternative on Saturday nights after the live bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Apart from Fibbers, Gypsy Rose and O'Reillys.... is that it for rock bars really? I suppose Cassidys, Pmacs and Blackbird play good tunes too(bonus stinger bars)... But has anywhere new popped up?

There's a place near liberty hall too on the north quays

There's a place near liberty hall too on the north quays

You mean The Pint? That's long gone.

On the Rox,Bruxelles has odd nights now only I think

Lafayette's on D'Olier st has Thursday and Saturday rock/metal clubs. O'Reilly's is Saturday only and some speciality night, after shows etc.
    The Gypsy Rose isn't um... an option anymore.

On the Rox,Bruxelles has odd nights now only I think

On The Rox is long gone too. :(

On The Rox still has a few planned gigs with DME and others, anyway. https://www.facebook.com/pg/On-The-Rox-1452952008340978/events/?ref=page_internal

No club nights I don't think, though.

They still do the odd small gig but as far as it being a Rock Bar, that is long gone.

Passenger wrote: »
    They still do the odd small gig but as far as it being a Rock Bar, that is long gone.

Ah, oh well

The Gypo is awful these days, I noticed they did up the basement in Fibbers recently or at least since I was last down there.

Lafayette is grand even times its not a particular night as such kinda has indie/mainstream rock playing which is imo more tolerable than your run of the mill boozer. Cassidys only a stones throw away too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The Gypsy Rose isn't um... an option anymore.

Why? What happened?

Advertisement