Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't hide or edit certain things?

• 22-06-2020 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I want to hide my Location from showing up along with my posts, but can't find the option to either edit or hide it anywhere.

EDIT: Sometimes it will show up on posts, and other times it doesn't show up at all. It's not showing up on this initial post as far as I can see.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

It is no longer possible to see or edit your location so it doesn't appear publicly on your posts any more. This feature was hidden not long after GDPR came into effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Oh, I gotcha! So does it only show up for me and mods? I know one of them could tell me my location when I asked them about it in a PM earlier.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Only Admins and Boards staff should still be able to see it but I'll have to check that. Even you shouldn't be able to see it any more so if you do see it on a post of yours or on your profile, please send me a screenshot. Also if you would like us to delete it for you, we can do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

I'll send a screenshot along indeed! And I would appreciate that, cheers.

Advertisement