1. Predict the IMT (11.0 is the average 1981-2010 value).
2. Predict the MAX at 25 met.ie locations reporting in "yesterday's weather" each day on their website.
3. Predict the MIN at 25 met.ie locations reporting in "yesterday's weather" each day on their website.
4. Predict the PRC as percentage of normal at a grid of eleven stations.
5. Predict the SUN as percentage of normal at a grid of six locations.
6. BONUS _ As it appears the April maximum was 21.2 on the first (at Valentia) predict the first (or next) date with a higher temperature than that. If your MAX for May happens to be below 21.2, just give June 1st as your prediction (I don't expect many to choose this option). No location or value is required. Guaranteed point insurance on this, if a large number choose similar dates, then the point allocation will be top to bottom but cannot fall by more than one per day. (I'm setting up this potential juicy bonus points pool to offset the difficulty posed by this month). Normal for the bonus will be set at first day with a 552 dm thickness contour in Ireland on the 0600z May 1st GFS model run.
That being the case I will hold off with NormaL predictions until around then, but mine are here:
MTC __________ 10.8 _ 24.7 _ -1.5 _ 150 _ 083 __ 16th
Note: any late entries quoting an already set MIN on 1st could be docked points in the MIN scoring as well as the late penalty that applies.
The usual late penalties are in play after 0300h Saturday May 1st. (May day, may day)