Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-05-2021, 17:24   #856
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39,847
Unfortunately is very typical of met.error (as I like to call them), editing, drafting, comprehension all very hit and miss.
Harry Palmr is offline  
Advertisement
24-05-2021, 18:58   #857
spookwoman
Registered User
 
spookwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,821
From the 10th May, doesn't know their west from east. I sent a message and they didn't even bother changing it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg weather.jpg (80.9 KB, 355 views)

Last edited by spookwoman; 24-05-2021 at 19:40.
spookwoman is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-05-2021, 08:00   #858
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39,847
Jean Byrne just forgot Sunday on the 7.57 forecast. Skipped to outlook for early next week.
Harry Palmr is offline  
26-05-2021, 09:02   #859
Oneiric 3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookwoman View Post
Atrocious is the word to describe her presentation skills, I either walk out of the room or switch her off when she is on.
Must admit, I have no idea who you are talking about. Stopped watching RTE altogether now because it is just an insult to one's intelligence. Not only do they have a very peculiar, cartoonish, one dimensional idea of Ireland, but that accent they all seem to talk in now. A sort of half south Dublin, half west coast US nasally thing going on there. Wouldn't do to speak like an ordinary, authentic Dub at all; no, that would be very unbecoming to one's social standing and peer status.
Oneiric 3 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-05-2021, 09:20   #860
jackrussel
Registered User
 
jackrussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 629
Ye must love the misery.
jackrussel is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-05-2021, 13:12   #861
Gaoth Laidir
Registered User
 
Gaoth Laidir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
Must admit, I have no idea who you are talking about. Stopped watching RTE altogether now because it is just an insult to one's intelligence. Not only do they have a very peculiar, cartoonish, one dimensional idea of Ireland, but that accent they all seem to talk in now. A sort of half south Dublin, half west coast US nasally thing going on there. Wouldn't do to speak like an ordinary, authentic Dub at all; no, that would be very unbecoming to one's social standing and peer status.
To be fair, Michelle Dillon is the best and has not lost any of her Clare accent. Can't stomach Siobhán or indeed Jean, and as for Joanna...
Gaoth Laidir is offline  
Thanks from:
26-05-2021, 19:48   #862
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39,847
6.55 forecast ends with "Saturday fine with just isolated showers in western areas" - graphic showing isolated showers in the east (which is what the written forecast says).
Harry Palmr is offline  
Thanks from:
26-05-2021, 20:57   #863
Oscar Bravo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Palmr View Post
6.55 forecast ends with "Saturday fine with just isolated showers in western areas" - graphic showing isolated showers in the east (which is what the written forecast says).
saw that. Elizabeth Coleman. Always at least one mistake per broadcast. poor enough.
Oscar Bravo is offline  
26-05-2021, 21:00   #864
crossman47
Registered User
 
crossman47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaoth Laidir View Post
To be fair, Michelle Dillon is the best and has not lost any of her Clare accent. Can't stomach Siobhán or indeed Jean, and as for Joanna...
I agree (along with Gerry Murphy) and the new lady (Coleman) is promising.
crossman47 is offline  
Advertisement
26-05-2021, 22:10   #865
MfMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Bravo View Post
saw that. Elizabeth Coleman. Always at least one mistake per broadcast. poor enough.
Described temps as being in the 'late teens'. Aaahh! 'Late teens' is for age, 'high teens' for temperature.
MfMan is offline  
(3) thanks from:
26-05-2021, 22:29   #866
lolie
Registered User
 
lolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,953
Linda Hughes is also very good, delivers a nice calm detailed forecast. Barely if ever makes any mistakes.
lolie is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-05-2021, 23:08   #867
Oneiric 3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaoth Laidir View Post
To be fair, Michelle Dillon is the best and has not lost any of her Clare accent. Can't stomach Siobhán or indeed Jean, and as for Joanna...
I have no issue with any of the weather presenters on that channel because, unlike the bulk of presenters and journalists who work in that over-funded and over-valued organisation, they actually know what they are talking about.
Oneiric 3 is offline  
26-05-2021, 23:47   #868
tphase
Registered User
 
tphase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
I have no issue with any of the weather presenters on that channel because, unlike the bulk of presenters and journalists who work in that over-funded and over-valued organisation, they actually know what they are talking about.
none of those mentioned in recent posts actually work for RTE
tphase is offline  
Thanks from:
27-05-2021, 19:02   #869
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39,847
I'm going to have to avoid met eireann forcasts from now on. They are too stressful.
Harry Palmr is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet