Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hi people. i hope this is the right thread, i have a general question about weight and cravings. Im about 2 stone overweight. mostly from a very bad diet of white bread, chocolate, boxes of crisps (literally) and lots of fried food but lately i have cut out a lot of this refined and processed food and replaced them with wholemeal bread, rice, cereal etc but my problem is the cravings for sweet foods and processed bread have gotten very bad lately and i would like a bit of advice on what foods i could consume to replace these unhealthy snacks? I never had a very healthy or exciting diet so im open-minded to new foods, the only thing is im not a fan of vegetables at all, any suggestions to calm down my blood-sugar spikes?? Thank you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

m'lady wrote: »
    newbee22 wrote: »
    Hey, I have the eating out guide, I can check that, would it come under alcopops? It's 4 points for a bacardi breezer(small bottle) but I don't think west coast cooler would be the same because thats wine?![/QUOTE
    Hey thanks, I wonder should I just point it as wine, I think a full bottle is 18 or 20 pp?

m'lady, I have always pointed west coast cooler as half the points of wine, so I would say 10 points would be enough.

Is not feeling the WW thing this week ha. Went out friday night with OH after getting free tickets to laughter lounge comedy club so off we go... By end of night, I had a cocktail, bottle of wine and 1 pint... plus a snack box from supermacs... Saturday ate nor drank a thing until roughly 830pm...
    We were away for the night and it included 4 course dinner... Had veg soup, Chicken with bowl of veg and basil mash and ate half of a strawberry cheesecake... loads of water.. then this morning had 2 sausages, egg, piece of white pudding the size of 20cent piece and some toast and 1 small glass of OJ, and diet coke! I am dreading the scales on Tue... however I did go for 20 mins walk yesterday!
    I will be going walking tonight if not il do extra in morning.

I feel so bad and delfated :-( I am thinking of giving up.:(:(

Don't feel bad and certainly don't give up. Get back on track straight away and limit the damage, you will find that you are not as bad as you think. Even if you are up this week...SO WHAT! You've had a good weekend, you have to live, this is the whole point, you can break out knowing that next week you can undo any damage. Keep smiling!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jess11

I joined WW 5 weeks ago and have lost 1 stone. I have been reading this thread since I joined WW and have found it a brilliant help. It has really kept me motivated. Thanks a million to all the posters. I have a lot to lose so I'll be reading this thread everyday to keep me going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Crispoholic

Hi all,congrats on everyones weight loss:)

Just a quick question about milk'wen i checked low fat and skimmed milk on my ww calculator they both had the same pp is this correct? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

booooo - i am having the worst weekend ever. All I wanted this evening was a Chinese but really didnt want to get one, so i chose healthy options. Now i'm totally not satisfied and i'm gona get a Chinese anyway. On a good point, i'm off the drink from tomorrow, so that should help things along. Weekends are my biggest downfall EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just a quick question about milk'wen i checked low fat and skimmed milk on my ww calculator they both had the same pp is this correct? :confused:

Yep they are. We had a discussion about them in our meeting last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Dee01 wrote: »
    booooo - i am having the worst weekend ever. All I wanted this evening was a Chinese but really didnt want to get one, so i chose healthy options. Now i'm totally not satisfied and i'm gona get a Chinese anyway. On a good point, i'm off the drink from tomorrow, so that should help things along. Weekends are my biggest downfall EVER.

I had a terrible terrible weekend..... Out Friday night, had countless pints of beer, vodka, shorts you name it!! Finished off by 3/4 slices of pizza!! then on Saturday had a fried breakfast in the morning and a Chinese in the evening!! Got sick after both of them (TMI) so I don't know does that count.
    Still feeling the effects of the alcohol today so haven't been great either...haven't tracked at all.....had my planned breakfast dinner and tea that would have come to 34 points (my daily allowance) but in addition I have shared some popcorn (I had 3/4 of the microwaveable bag) and a twix.... and it's not even 8pm!! on the plus side I have drank 3 litres of water today. Tomorrow is a fresh start.... and I am off the drink for at least the next 4 weeks!!
    My weigh in is Wednesday evening, I won't make it still deliberating should I go to one of three classes, Tuesday night, Wednesday morning or try to get a Wednesday evening class in Dublin.
    The one in Dublin would be the best as it's the same time as mine but not 100% sure will I make it, If I go Wednesday morning would the different time of the day throw the WI out loads? And what happens if I go on the Tuesday evening, it would be a week and a day before I get back to my normal class...does that count as a missed week?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Hey all, does anyone know how many pp are in a large bottle of west coast cooler? It was my birthday today,well yesterday, and I was kinda bold!

weightwatchers.co.uk says it's 5pp per 250ml. I think the large bottles are 750ml, which works out as 14pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I dont know what has happened to me today. Have been really good until now.

I have scoffed 2 curly wurly's, 2 packets of (3PP) crisps, a WW choc bar on top of my brunch and dinner (which wasnt great either, my OH is nigerian and his sister had a party last night and he brought back fried beef and turkey and jilof rice, which is a spicy, oily rice and I love it so much I had it for brunch and dinner)!!!!

I am not much of a choc person, duno why I am craving it sooo much today!! Still have 20 weeklies left (after dipping into them today already) but feel like I have un done all my hard work. Hardly exercised either. Help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

blah...been working on head wrecking college stuff all day....totally forgot to drink any water today....and i feel like total crap now....time to down some water! I say the week of go go go catching up on me! at least i have a week of NOTHING for the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Not having the best day today, feeling constantly hungry even though I've had three meals. Dunno if it's because I'm looking after my niece and feeling very tired, or if that's just an excuse I'm using!

So far today, I've had:

Breakfast:
    Fruit Salad, 0pp
    75g 0% Natural Yogurt, 1pp
    Two Slices WW bread, 3pp
    1 tsp Honey, 1pp

Lunch:
    1 medium boiled egg, 2pp
    1 slice WW bread, 2pp

Dinner:
    Pasta with Chicken, Veg and Pesto, 11pp

Snacks:
    1 banana
    4 slices Beetroot

Am starving though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Depends how much you have - 70ml of both is 1pp but if you have more there is a difference.

On ww.co.uk

142ml of skimmed milk is 1pp
    142ml of semi skmmed milk is 2pp
    142ml of whole milk is 3pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Not having the best day today, feeling constantly hungry even though I've had three meals. Dunno if it's because I'm looking after my niece and feeling very tired, or if that's just an excuse I'm using!

So far today, I've had:

Breakfast:
    Fruit Salad, 0pp
    Two Slices WW bread, 3pp
    1 tsp Honey, 1pp

Lunch:
    1 medium boiled egg, 2pp
    1 slice WW bread, 2pp

Dinner:

Snacks:
    1 banana
    4 slices Beetroot

If you're on the minimum of 29 points you still have 9 left. Use them to satisfy the hunger. Don't be going hungry especially if you still have points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Large bottle of Rose west coast cooler is 19pp - according to one of the girls at a meeting a few weeks ago, not sure if the original will be less.

Can't make my wi tuesday night really disappointed as I had such a good week ( so far ) gonna keep it going so I should have an even better weight loss the following week, i normally loose 1lb a week, used to think it wasn't much but they all add up. 27.5lbs down 6.5lbs to goal - :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

kashmir wrote: »

m'lady, I have always pointed west coast cooler as half the points of wine, so I would say 10 points would be enough.

Hey thanks Kashmir, I have pointed it at 15, just to air on the side of caution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

hey ladys,

fell off the wagon bigtime this weekend - had about 8 vodkas last night and then drunkingly wandered in eddies and got a portion of nachos? any one know how many poinnts they would be? they were tortilla chips, salsa, cheese sauce, and sour cream, few jalapenos in there too.......... was just what I needed at the time!

any ideas? am hungover now and want a treat but my head is saying NO and my belly is saying YES!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Have just been to get my weekly shop and came home with some lovely goodies.

Korma sauce 1/4 jar is four pro points, with one chicken breast and 1 boiled potatoe 150g 3 pro points, yummy dinner for tomorrow for 11 pro points!

Meringue nests 1 pro point each with a ww fruit yoghurt 1 pro point and maybe a mini twirl 3 pro points sprinkled on top. Nice treat for 5 pro points. (Dip into my weeklies for that!)

Going to try and tomato, carrot and red pepper type soup for this week for 0pp. Haven't quite worked out a recipe for that yet, but definitely need it because last week there was no end to my hunger!

Anyone tried the WW pasta sauces? Are they any good, I bought one but it looks horrible, ill give it a try!

Good luck everyone this week, forget about the weekend! We are all on this programme so we can have a bit of a life, weekends are meant for a bit of fun! If you had a bad one, move on and don't let it deter you from getting your goal! :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Glad I'm not the only one who fell off the wagon this wkend.
    So annoyed at myself, after such a good week last week I really wanted to follow that up but it's been the exact opposite.
    Haven't even exercised!
    Still have to go out for chinese with the family on Tuesday night.
    Anyway, going get back walking tomorrow night regardless of the weather.
    To top it all of, think I might be coming down with a kidney infection. Just wanna dig my head in the sand and forget everything :(

lil kc wrote: »
    Have just been to get my weekly shop and came home with some lovely goodies.

Korma sauce 1/4 jar is four pro points, with one chicken breast and 1 boiled potatoe 150g 3 pro points, yummy dinner for tomorrow for 11 pro points!

Meringue nests 1 pro point each with a ww fruit yoghurt 1 pro point and maybe a mini twirl 3 pro points sprinkled on top. Nice treat for 5 pro points. (Dip into my weeklies for that!)

Going to try and tomato, carrot and red pepper type soup for this week for 0pp. Haven't quite worked out a recipe for that yet, but definitely need it because last week there was no end to my hunger!

Anyone tried the WW pasta sauces? Are they any good, I bought one but it looks horrible, ill give it a try!

Good luck everyone this week, forget about the weekend! We are all on this programme so we can have a bit of a life, weekends are meant for a bit of fun! If you had a bad one, move on and don't let it deter you from getting your goal! :) xx

Merange nests sounds amazing! Id love one of them right now :) gona stick all those things on my shopping list!

had a nightmare of a weekend with my 8 vodkas and eddies nachos (in fairness there was only a handful in he box so sayes the other half!) Ive been on eddies website and pointed them at 10pp not so bad but feel fierce guilty!

Would love to horse a dairy milk - but head sayes NO!

• Advertisement

I have fell of the wagon too! after being ok yesterday I feel like I have eaten rings around me!

Although I had not eaten much all day-just a bowl of special K and fruit, in the last hour I have had a toasted cheese sandwich, a packet of velvet crunch and a cookie! agh... I know I'm not over points wise, but been totally unhealthy. Going to drink lots of water and exercise tomorrow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

boxoff wrote: »
    Merange nests sounds amazing! Id love one of them right now :) gona stick all those things on my shopping list!

had a nightmare of a weekend with my 8 vodkas and eddies nachos (in fairness there was only a handful in he box so sayes the other half!) Ive been on eddies website and pointed them at 10pp not so bad but feel fierce guilty!

Would love to horse a dairy milk - but head sayes NO!

Ha ha you sound like my twin, I had vodka and nachos yesterday too. And fajitas and chocolate cake with ice cream and cream!!! So i used all my weeklies practically for yesterday! And I dont get weighed til Thursday so no more treats til Friday! Ughh So am determined to make nice lunches and dinners so I don't feel deprived :)

lil kc wrote: »
    Ha ha you sound like my twin, I had vodka and nachos yesterday too. And fajitas and chocolate cake with ice cream and cream!!! So i used all my weeklies practically for yesterday! And I dont get weighed til Thursday so no more treats til Friday! Ughh So am determined to make nice lunches and dinners so I don't feel deprived :)

I have the sick feeling i have blown it this weekend! still saying no to dairy milk........... for now anyway! |I had a terrible weekend last weekend aswell- had the cream ice cream, curry, crisps etc but I did a bit of jogging and actually endied up losing a pound and a half! good luck!

I have fell of the wagon too! after being ok yesterday I feel like I have eaten rings around me!

Although I had not eaten much all day-just a bowl of special K and fruit, in the last hour I have had a toasted cheese sandwich, a packet of velvet crunch and a cookie! agh... I know I'm not over points wise, but been totally unhealthy. Going to drink lots of water and exercise tomorrow!

Oh dont I know the feeling! I wouldnt worry about your eating today - it prob wasnt the healthiest chioce of foods but hey Id say your within your daily points!

boxoff wrote: »
    Oh dont I know the feeling! I wouldnt worry about your eating today - it prob wasnt the healthiest chioce of foods but hey Id say your within your daily points!

Oh I know I have probably only eaten about 19/20 pp, I'm still starving though! There is a bar of chocolate (Galaxy Bubbles) with my name on it too!

Oh I know I have probably only eaten about 19/20 pp, I'm still starving though! There is a bar of chocolate (Galaxy Bubbles) with my name on it too!

A slab of dairy milk sounds very tasty! we deserve treats ecvery now and again dont we??.... nope im gona try and not eat it, dying for bit of choc tho

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Hey girls hope all is well. I have well and truly blown it this week, worse than any of ye. I am ashamed to post what I ate but here goes: Friday: Pizza lunch than Chinese takeaway for dinner not to mention drinks as my friend called over for a girly night. Saturday: BURGER KING :eek: :eek: for lunch and Chinese again for dinner and more beer. I feel so bad but I am going to keep going. My WI is tomorrow night and I know I will have weight up but I will take it as a kick in the bum and hopefully do well next week. My crosstrainer is here on Wednesdays so that will shake things up a bit.

@Lady Lainey well done on the weight loss yesterday, you are great and an inspiration. Really motivating to hear about your losses.

@Finglasgirl Please don't give up!! Keep going its only a bump on the road, you will feel better tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling positive about the week ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Don't eat the chocolate girls. Go to bed and
    if u still want it tomorrow have it!

Shoe Lover wrote: »

So far today, I've had:

Breakfast:
    Fruit Salad, 0pp
    Two Slices WW bread, 3pp
    1 tsp Honey, 1pp

Lunch:
    1 medium boiled egg, 2pp
    1 slice WW bread, 2pp

Dinner:

Snacks:
    1 banana
    4 slices Beetroot

Not surprising, you haven't eaten enough. Why don't you have some brown bread with a slice of ham and cheese and beetroot and another banana

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I've been running since after Christmas kind of on and off with no structure. Some days I could do 10 minutes other days I could do 30 minutes so it was hard to judge my exercise to calorie intake. So I'm starting the couch25k tomorrow, hoping with a bit more structure my weightloss (and there has been some, YAY!) will be a bit more sustained and more easily managed.

Good luck this week everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement