Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating oil big drop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

330L for €376, 1.14c Litre. Yesterday. SIP Clonakilty, was surprised at that price myself reading this thread. Mentioned its going up a good bit in the next few days though and we rang on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭con747

I welcome anyone who wants to take the time to research and post about possible savings for the members here, it is when they look down their noses and treat posters like they are unable to fathom a few simple equations and question their intellect that it starts to boil the aul blood. I do my own research when needed and don't post about it here so I don't steer people the wrong way.

Now if anyone wants this weeks lotto numbers contact Mystic Meg.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Great price under current circumstances.

You did well

You'll always get the bytches who want to complain.

They feel great giving their tuppence, while their mammy makes their fish finger, waffle and baked beans dinner.

Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

Dunno.. do you complain a lot?

Are you a bytch?

It's not aimed at anyone in particular, but if it hits a nerve., Maybe.

just maybe

.it might be you.

But I hadn't anyone in mind when I posted.

Maybe your ears are burning.... I dunno

Well nobody else's post was quoted so that explains that. I have respect for a certain poster here who started another thread on boards that has actually saved members a lot of money, possibly one of the best savings on here. That respect is waiving, others that expect everyone to look glazy eyed at their posts need to have a long proven record for me to wear my cheerleaders uniform I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

645 for 500lts,1.29,had to buy, probably not getting cheaper,Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Mor oil Galway code BTS5 & BTS10 give €5&€10 off 500 & 1,00 ltrs fill also 3% cashback via Revolut by paying online but you need to activate in Revolut app first.

Post edited by Cape Clear on

My previous post, was posted in error.

I didn't realize that I was arguing with the poster I was actually trying to support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is the cash back account specific? I see people mention cash back on Amazon too but I don't see it in my app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Have a look at the Revolut Rewards thread it details how to find these options/rewards and info on cashback limits etc. It's all a bit hazey like some Revolut things you have to go digging for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I don't know why some posters get worked up on this.

I am NOT an expert.

Up to last March I had not a clue.

But rather than join the chorus of "they are ripping us off" I went and found out about it. My background is retail pricing, so I had an idea of what to look for.

In the end it was extremely simple. Most commentators (press) were missing the refining cost that had gone very erratic and jumped in 5 days from $20 to almost $60. The financial sites like Reuters shouted about it but so-called journalists here (and the AA) just ignored what had become an element that was accounting for 30%+ of the fuel price.

One you had that figure it really is as simple as adding 2 figures (oil + refining) divide by litres in barrel, add the carbon tax & NORA, add the vat and you get the price before a retail margin is added. If you have the websites to hand in your bookmarks and a calculator on your desk, you can do it in 30 seconds. No expertise required. None whatsoever.

Fair play,

Keep up updated with any likely major price changes

• ….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

The Saudis were apparently fuelling electricity generation by burning crude (less efficient, but cheaper for them) until the Russian sanctions kicked in. Now they're exporting more crude and importing refined Russian product.

This time last year, shortly after US left Afghanistan, Putin visited and tied down bilateral deals with both Saudi and Nigeria. At the time, Zerohedge commented on the confusing signals as to what was in it for Saudi. Now we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Savetheplanet

I think I am one of the first posters you implied was stupid on this thread? I noticed you implied on another thread people lacked grey matter? That is why your posts to me are so condescending and although you do post facts remember that this is a bargain alerts thread, not a lecturing thread. I am not trying to cause an argument so will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭monseiur

Top Oil - 500 L. Kero. now €695.00 a jump of €70.00 within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tyres

760 lt here in Galway for €1000 today...Corrib Oil

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Paid 1003 for 790 litres from Barra oil in Clare. Went up 12c per litre a few days later.

Is there any chance we could retitle this increasingly inaccurate thread. :-D We will be getting peoples hops up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Corrib oil 14/09 - Delivery in co. Limerick

500/1000

14/09 - €670/€1320

22/09 - €650/1280

12/10 - €685/1350

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Found my receipt for a delivery last January, 500L for €420, at the time I didn't consider that a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭Glebee

Big jump with local corrib Oil today, but only when getting 500L, cost of 1000L has actually dropped. Up €34 from yesterday for 500L. Up by €74 for 500L from this day last week.

500L/1000L

€719/€1330

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What goes up must come down. It will come down again eventually its just a matter of when. Anyone care to say when they think the price of oil will fall significantly again?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Hard to know with the Saudi's and OPEC acting the bollix and China is having a bit of a surge in covid so not using as much so very unsettled at the minute. I'm still sitting on the fence as no immediate need for a couple of months and even then can go electric heating with the solar to tide me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Two dates to keep in mind are 05/12/22 when all EU nations must stop importing Russian Crude oil by sea and 05/02/23 when all EU nations must stop importing all Russian refined oil products by sea. So that will mean more countries trying to source their oil from other sources such as OPEC. As OPEC are cutting production just in time for this increased demand, if I was forced to bet on it, I wouldn't be betting on massively lower oil prices anytime soon.

(Some landlocked European countries such as Hungary and Slovakia will get an opt-out because they have no other way of importing oil except via pipeline from Russia.)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Certaireland is €1270 for 1000 using discount code Plough30.

Meath 300L €415 500L €639 1000L €1250

Dropped a couple of times in the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭CoBo55

And petrol and diesel rising by the hour, something isn't making sense here.

• Advertisement

Meath today is €300L €395 500L €625 1000L €1250

So dropped a bit again. That is with Bective oil just outside Navan. Limited delivery radius though.

Advertisement