Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vanmoof bike vendors and/or similar bike vendors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I probably could, but it's also not exactly convenient to pop to a hardware store at the minute! My front and rear X3 baskets are currently en-route, so once they arrive I might try a bodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

MJohnston wrote: »
    I probably could, but it's also not exactly convenient to pop to a hardware store at the minute! My front and rear X3 baskets are currently en-route, so once they arrive I might try a bodge.

I had you in my thoughts when I was setting mine up. The bolt for the seat post needs to be tightened to a level that made me worry about it snapping. All I could think of was yours!

mailforkev wrote: »
    I had you in my thoughts when I was setting mine up. The bolt for the seat post needs to be tightened to a level that made me worry about it snapping. All I could think of was yours!

Right! Mine could have snapped during tightening, but it's hard to know because it's all inside the seat post when shipped and I just followed the instructions.

I might fish out the TorqueKey I was sent with my Canyon bike, so that I don't overdo it when the replacement finally arrives. Then again, I kept tightening it because the seat itself was still loose, so there was something wrong either way. Also don't think there were any torque specs listed for the bolt!

I appreciate the exceptionally clean lines of the X3, but I'd be more than willing to sacrifice a few of those for more standard components (like standard seat post clamps!)

Is that you asking about the bolt on the Reddit thread? Small world. I’ve picked up a few nuggets of advice or info over there.

Is that you asking about the bolt on the Reddit thread? Small world. I’ve picked up a few nuggets of advice or info over there.

Yeah it’s me, got fed up waiting for them to send out the parts. They’re saying Ireland won’t be shipped anything until February 16th thanks to Brexit.

It’s a useful Reddit, but a terrible advert for the bikes because people only post there when they have issues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 johndbee66

i bought a pentagon 220 for my electric bike from usa Well worth a look . Its a beast of a lock, but still half the weight of abus locks. Beleive me , i looked at a lot of locks. Also bought a foldylock from seatylock.com.

it looks great. Enjoy it bud

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bilasy

johndbee66 wrote: »
    i bought a pentagon 220 for my electric bike from usa Well worth a look . Its a beast of a lock, but still half the weight of abus locks. Beleive me , i looked at a lot of locks. Also bought a foldylock from seatylock.com.

Hi , which website did you buy it from?

bilasy wrote: »
    Hi , which website did you buy it from?

Both from seatylock. Com

Here’s mine attached.

5-B1-FE464-54-AE-4117-94-E4-CFA1817-AF94-D.jpg

• Advertisement

abus granit or seatylock?

johndbee66 wrote: »
    abus granit or seatylock?

That's an Abus Bordo Granit XPlus 6500 (catchy name).

Weighs around 1.5kg so not noticeable when attached to the bike.

That's an Abus Bordo Granit XPlus 6500 (catchy name).

Weighs around 1.5kg so not noticeable when attached to the bike.

Looks neat! Do you mind sending a pic when the Abus is in action ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

Vanmoof Marketing Department is great! The've come up with a new referral program, so if you want to buy the Vanmoof S3/X3 bike and want a free €100 to put against accessories or the Piece of Mind service (where they track down your bike for you if it's stolen or replace it if they can't), feel free to use my referral code below: ADV-LT11-XUMW-NHZY
    What's in it for me? I'll get €100 off my next Vanmoof. So, it's a win-win!
    Cheers!

Did you have to opt in to that referral scheme somehow, I never heard anything about it.

I've put 100kms on mine since I got it. A good few 10/15/20 min local trips (still no commute obviously). Bike is great so far.

Changing to US region makes a significant difference to the enjoyment level (allegedly).

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭peter_dublin

Does anyone know if the Vanmoof pop up shop is still open. Want to order a bike on the bike to work scheme in March.
    The S3 looks like a great bit of kit.

Does anyone know if the Vanmoof pop up shop is still open. Want to order a bike on the bike to work scheme in March.
    The S3 looks like a great bit of kit.

I don't think the popup shop is open anymore, but I also don't think it is linked to their ability to supply via Bike2Work/TravelHub.

You should use the details on this page, and just modify UK to Ireland where applicable:
    https://www.vanmoof.com/en-IE/cycle-to-work

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭peter_dublin

I don't think the popup shop is open anymore, but I also don't think it is linked to their ability to supply via Bike2Work/TravelHub.

You should use the details on this page, and just modify UK to Ireland where applicable:
    https://www.vanmoof.com/en-IE/cycle-to-work

Great. Thanks.

Here’s mine attached.

Which website you bought from ?
    Thanks

Here’s mine attached.

Also , did you go for the 85cm or 110?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Got it from here. Went for 85cm, it’s about the same area as a regular U-lock.

Edited to add pic so you can get an idea of the locking area

B58-FB355-082-C-40-E9-8849-857-B9-B2-FF735.jpg

Cheers! I got it for €91 including shipping, soon I can I can try it.
    Thanks again!

Hi,
    Any helpful tips when I’m assembling the bike?
    Thanks!

bilasy wrote: »
    Any helpful tips when I’m assembling the bike?

When is the bike due to be delivered? Black or blue?

The only annoying stage is getting the cable cover on the front fork. Turn the bike upside down, take a bit of time and swear a lot is my advice. The connector will pop into its hiding place eventually. Be careful not to damage the little screws for the cover.

Don't cut the cable ties, they are reusable. You can actually use them to help getting the cable cover in place.

There's a video on Vanmoof's YouTube that shows all the assembly steps and the bike comes with a good instruction booklet.

The only annoying stage is getting the cable cover on the front fork. Turn the bike upside down, take a bit of time and swear a lot is my advice. The connector will pop into its hiding place eventually. Be careful not to damage the little screws for the cover.

Don't cut the cable ties, they are reusable. You can actually use them to help getting the cable cover in place.

There's a video on Vanmoof's YouTube that shows all the assembly steps and the bike comes with a good instruction booklet.

Thanks 🙠will keep in mind your helpful tips, it was meant to arrive yesterday however no shipping email yet, hopefully will receive the email this week!
    Thanks again

Sorry , Black S3

The email I received when enquiring about delivery
    Thanks for your message.
    Due to recent coronavirus-related border closures, the courier service we use is currently unable to ship to the UK(applicable for Ireland as well).
    Additionally, with Brexit coming into effect on January 1st, we also anticipate further delays that may impact orders.

We're working as fast as possible to provide a suitable solution. Your estimated delivery date has been updated in your MyVanMoof account with the best information we have available right now - however, this is likely to change. We're working closely with our shipping partners to ensure all orders are sent out as soon as possible.

We're continually monitoring the situation and will share any updates with you via email.
    We know it's tough to wait and really appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have any questions, just let us know. We'll do everything we can to help, but unfortunately we can't speed up your delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Good news for VanMoof owners and potential buyers, particularly in Dublin area

https://www.vanmoof.com/blog/en/going-global-vanmoof-co-founder-announces-service-expansion-to-50-cities-at-sxsw

VM.Worldmap.Brandstores-FinalV2.jpg

That is good news. It’s what I suspected we would get rather than a full store when they made the previous announcement. Will help calm the nerves if anything goes wrong.

• Advertisement

Hi, the bike finally arrived and assembled, you are dead right the cable cover was a nightmare, now two queries so far, my saddle apparently is not adjustable , I followed the instructions watched you tube but it won’t slide or move, I remember I tested this bike in VM shop back in September and it was adjustable, so not sure if that’s a different model or am I doing something wrong?or is just manufacturing error??
    See photo does that saddle looks adjustable to you?
    Also I found in the tool box a used Vodafone SIM card, does the bike comes with a SIM card installed some where?
    I didn’t get a time to ride the bike yet

Advertisement