Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Tried to do this today, can't understand what happened. I'd changed my card to a revolut card before cancelling - it hadn't been used for payment but had been added to the account. Tried to sign up through the Turkish site today but it wouldn't accept payment. Tried to sign up to the Irish site using the revolut card and it accepted fine - even took the money from the Turkish balance I'd added to revolut (converted to euro).

So the virtual revolut card was fine for Ireland but not for Turkey? Was it because I hadn't used the virtual card to pay before the sub previously?

Annoying, have cancelled again. Will try next month. Should I add a different card or stick with this one now that it has been accepted for payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Prunty wrote: »
    it hadn't been used for payment but had been added to the account.

When I was having trouble, this was the reason. If you add a new card, you need to let a payment go through, then cancel, and then restart your membership through TKY Netflix a month later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Apologies if it's been asked before but is the content better on the Turkish site?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Apologies if it's been asked before but is the content better on the Turkish site?

Ah come on. Look about 4 posts up. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tried doing this but not giving me the option to pick a new plan or even prices when I click restart membership. I have changed the payment to paypal?

• Advertisement

Just added a virtual card from revolut, same deal

Changed payment method. Cancelled, started VPN and opened an incognito window in a different browser.
    Search netflix and sign in and when I go to account it says restart membership, I click that but don't get any options to change plan or anything.

guil wrote: »
    Changed payment method. Cancelled, started VPN and opened an incognito window in a different browser.
    Search netflix and sign in and when I go to account it says restart membership, I click that but don't get any options to change plan or anything.

Is it a month plus a day since you cancelled?

No lol

Didn't think you had to wait to restart the membership

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

You got to wait for your viewing to be cut off.

Ah right, only a few more days to go, kids will surely let me know haha

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Would n26 work with this or does it have to be revoult

Would n26 work with this or does it have to be revoult

I use N26, works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mr.S wrote: »
    I didn’t realise Netflix Ireland is €18 now - €4.6 via this thread - crazy!
    And everyone I know is happy to pay it. Which is great as Netflix won't bother with us small fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

18 divided by 4 is 4.50 a month
    4.60 divided by 4 is ah forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I have a normal Irish account with netflix. Can I just cancel netflix, VPN to Turkey and get turkish prices or do I need a new account altogether? Also what's the best free vpn to use for sign up? I'll be using a virtual revolut card

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

I think, there is no need to keep your phone number on Netflix. I removed my mobile and nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

I am signed up via Argentina but just noticed on Revolut I am being charged $736 ARS which works out at between €7-8 the last few months but when I log into Netflix it says I am only paying $449 ARS - any ideas? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Local NF account expired yesterday, used getflix vpn to Turkey, chrome incognito mode. Prices always comes up as US$. Any ideas?

Wrong VPN being used. It is pointing you at the US netflix.

Wrong VPN being used. It is pointing you at the US netflix.

Turkey selected as endpoint, iplocater says Turkey??? What is the turkey netflix url?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

guil wrote: »
    Ah right, only a few more days to go, kids will surely let me know haha
    You have to pay for a month's Irish subscription AFTER you've changed payment method before you can change country AFAIK.

Used tor browser with exit set to Turkey. Netflix does not recognise my login :(

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Are you logged out everywhere with all apps closed ?

Irish sub has expired so nowhere to check. I've turned all devices off as far as I know.

try a different browser maybe

It's weird, tried turk/arg/mex/bra and only brazil would work for me. Signed up anyway, still a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have an IP through work and I'm getting the following error :

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

Any idea how to fix this guys? I am using revolut ?

I have an IP through work and I'm getting the following error :

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

Any idea how to fix this guys? I am using revolut ?

Did you let an payment go through on IRL Netflix a month ago, and then cancel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Enter the payment details you wish to use when on Turkish sub while still on your Irish account and also a mobile number if not already added
    Cancel your current sub
    When Netflix no worky vpn to Turkey, whichever one you want as long as it works, I used vpn unlimited
    Go incognito
    Restart membership then catch the vpn and feck it out the window
    Watch Netflix and chill

I just seen the last few posts and was wondering do I have to do the same re changing to revolut before I renew when I have an Irish account?
    Are the steps below correct?

My billing day is 23 Jan so...

1. Change my BOI card to revolut now and make sure my Irish phone number is on the account.
    2. Cancel Netflix on 22 Jan and log out of netflix on everything
    3. 09 Feb Unlimited VPN to Turkey
    4. Incognito Netflix Account Page
    5. Renew membership with my revolut card.
    6. Feck VPN out the window
    7. Netflix and chill for €4.70 a month all in :)

Or do I stop at step 1, let a revolut payment go through and continue the steps after cancelling on 22 Feb instead?

Advertisement