Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jimmy Saville exposed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Several people coming forward to speak for this documentary too - can't believe that many would be stupid enough to make something like this up.

There is a clip of him on TOTP grabbing a teenage Coleen Nolan's breast, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I do think he was making the point that she could have done something about it at the time, but didn't.

Kids need defending, because they aren't great at defending themselves sometimes.

She was just 14, don't put it on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Giselle wrote: »
    Also I don't think its appropriate to reprint lists of ALLEGED transgressors. Posting lists of names and apparent crimes with no evidence or convictions is incredibly damaging to peoples reputations if untrue.

+1

Bizarre stuff indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ King Rhythmic Turbine

To be fair, I don't think Mike was doing that. The footage speaks for itself. I do think he was making the point that she could have done something about it at the time, but didn't. It was prime time TV, and went unremarked upon at the time-which goes to show that we have come on a bit since then.

I'd say she was probably a bit innocent to the man-handling beyond thinking "oooh, this is weird" and it probably came across less paedo-ey than creepy uncle in her mind. Especially then. She could've forgot all about it until they asked her about it for that documentary for all we know.
    Like I say, I'm a realist. Colleen Nolan is as daft as a box of frogs, and Saville was a very questionable character.

She may be but it's inappropriate to dismiss her being pawed over by a man nearly four times her age just because she's probably a bit soft in the head.

I agree with what you're saying about their timing though. It's ridiculously classless and exploitative. Even if the accusations are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I find it hard to believe the Jimmy Saville provided kids for Gordon Brown to molest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Coleen Nolan is a pretty poor example - how she or any subject remotely connected to her can be taken seriously is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Delancey wrote: »
    Coleen Nolan is a pretty poor example - how she or any subject remotely connected to her can be taken seriously is beyond me.

In a video posted on the previous page, she's a 14 year old kid being mauled and groped by an old man.

How can anyone NOT take that seriously?

I find it hard to believe the Jimmy Saville provided kids for Gordon Brown to molest.

It also made reference to Tony Blair being a toilet trader, to use Uncle Monty's vernacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It also made reference to Tony Blair being a toilet trader, to use Uncle Monty's vernacular.

He sold that WMD crap.

He sold that WMD crap.

Connect the dots for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I hope this is not true. If it is, it'll only add to the stigma faced by older men who aren't married. "Single at 40? Must be something wrong with him..."

I remember the allegations that were made against Arthur C. Clarke after he was Knighted in 1998. He had been married briefly but it didn't last, and he moved to Sri Lanka for the climate and to pursue his love of SCUBA diving. Single guy in an exotic Asian country ... suspicious? Nothing more has been said about the allegations since he died in 2008.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Why ... because he's Gorden Brown ? People didn't think parish priests and other ' pillars of the community' were capable of molesting children ...but they did /do

''The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make people think he didn't exist ''
    I guess that says nothing about the thousands of 'poor ' kids 'who have been subjected to serious sexual abuse either ....like they might be poor examples and not to be taking serious when accusations are made .

You didn't have to be a genius to see beyond Savilles public persona of ' the nations favorite uncle who like to live a frugal life while doing more that his bit for charity ' when the reality was most people couldn't stand to be around the creepy bollix ,including staff and patients at the hospitals he liked to frequent .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Anyone here remember the actor Wilfred Brambill ( a native of Rathmines in Dublin ) ? Better known to millions of people as Old man Steptoe from the great BBC comedy Steptoe and Son ?

If he was still alive he would be doing a long sentence in a place like Wormwood Scrubs - Brambill was a prolific paedophile and child abuser who was careful to confine his offending to sex tourist holidays in known spots like Sri lanka , Thailand , Phillipines , etc - modern legislation would have caught him out but at the time he broke no UK laws.

I was shocked at the coverage and glowing testimonials to Saville when he died - he was long suspected of paedophile activities , Oh and 1 more thing - Jimmy Saville was noted for his huge contribution to the Stoke Mandeville hospital yet that link was suddenly broken a number of years ago without explanation - no surprises for guessing why ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Jim'll fiddle it

Haa! Been trying to come up with something for ages. This is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Wonder if the'll find any dead bodies in the closet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

If he did molest kids I hope hell exists so he can burn for eternity.
    Rapists and molesters should have their genitals removed. And I'm not trying to be over the top by saying that. It's the best solution.
    The problems a child experiences after being abused last a life time and sadly often never get resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Specul-fcuking-ation at the moment ......

surprised boards.ie is letting this go ....

Anyone here remember the actor Wilfred Brambill ( a native of Rathmines in Dublin ) ? Better known to millions of people as Old man Steptoe from the great BBC comedy Steptoe and Son ?

If he was still alive he would be doing a long sentence in a place like Wormwood Scrubs - Brambill was a prolific paedophile and child abuser who was careful to confine his offending to sex tourist holidays in known spots like Sri lanka , Thailand , Phillipines , etc - modern legislation would have caught him out but at the time he broke no UK laws.

Where did you come by that info on Wilfrid Brambell? A search for me throws up 'white pride' website Stormfront, several Youtube comments sections & a site which also claims Edward Heath was a Satanist.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fryup wrote: »
    i personally don't believe any of it...why didn't his "victims" speak out when he was alive why wait till now when he can't defend himself

Why did th evictims of clerical abuse wait so long?

I'm not falling on either side of this debate as it stands.

A fourteen year old girl was felt up by a man in his fifties on television and then her character is subsequently questioned. I do wonder if this is an example of that victim blaming thing I've heard about.

He had his hand round her waist and pulled her about , he wasnt fondling her tits. To use your own words, let's not go nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

He had his hand round her waist and pulled her about , he wasnt fondling her tits. To use your own words, let's not go nuts.
    His hand was rather high, and did appear to be jiggling somewhat.

Not sure it would class as molestation, but definitely inappropriate behaviour - he was holding onto her a little too tightly.

Regardless of how bat**** crazy Colleen Nolan may now be, nobody, not least a 14yo girl should have to put up with anything like that.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine in The Met named the others to me - one was Jimmy Saville , one was a producer whose name I can't remember and the third was........... ( still alive so can't say )

Do be sure to remember to let us know when they die though, yeah? I'm guessing whoeve it is wouldnt be far off Saville's age, so maybe not long to wait?

Is giving cryptic clues allowed so long as no one posts their guess?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Googling this stuff - only links are stormfront or David Icke ... so it must be true right????
    roll-bleeding-eyes..

I was shocked at the coverage and glowing testimonials to Saville when he died - he was long suspected of paedophile activities , Oh and 1 more thing - Jimmy Saville was noted for his huge contribution to the Stoke Mandeville hospital yet that link was suddenly broken a number of years ago without explanation - no surprises for guessing why ;)

You'd think they would have just let his passing go without comment then. no?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-15521895

This seems to be still running too

http://www.londres-paris.com/charity4.php

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Biggins wrote: »
    There was rumours about that prior to his death.
    I have no idea if any of it is accurate or not.

We're talkine paedophilia here. Thats means the rumours are automatically accurate.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The producer is most likely a very well known homosexual guy who died in the 60s. His character is above reproach. The one who's still alive, dunno about that, I've no idea who it could be.

The only thing that can be pinned on Ole Steptoe was a loss of inhibition in later life, and a roaring appreciation for the drink. That, coupled with the fact that he was gay in a less progressive time, was enough to start the rumours. Kenny Williams was another one-very like Saville, (but positively asexual) and lived an unhealthily closeted life with his mother. They had him (wrongly) down as a nonce as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lol at RoundyMooneys avatar.

I remember him playing Paul Mccartneys grandad as well in a Hard Day's Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

mikom wrote: »
    Lol at RoundyMooneys avatar.

Hasn't escaped me-it's most likely what reminded your man!

:)

Hasn't escaped me-it's most likely what reminded your man!

:)

"You dirrty old man"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,071 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jimmy had a bird, don't think he was a pedo, all just rumours.

• Advertisement

Jimmy had a bird, don't think he was a pedo, all just rumours.

I think the bird was his ould wan though.

Advertisement