Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Well lads, I was just wondering if tickets can be purchased for games from the Limerick F.C shop in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

buyer95 wrote: »
    Well lads, I was just wondering if tickets can be purchased for games from the Limerick F.C shop in town?

Yep they sure can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thats not a bad kit, will ye have a sponsor on the front? Its a pretty nice jersey but would look a lot poorer for something plastered on the front, like Cork kit last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    Yep they sure can.

Thats great, I'm going to try and get to games as regularly as I can this season now that I'm based in the city. Hopefully we will be as competitive as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There will be a sponsor on the front of it. The New Jersey is basically the Napoli jersey from the 2013 season. Looking at pics of them in the jerseys it looks very nice.

• Advertisement

Played Waterford lastnight drew one all in horrible conditions. Very poor game but Waterford scored direct from a corner and Shane Tracy scored from near enough the halfway line.

Starting team was: Cusack,Kelly,Oji,Folan,Costelloe,Hughes,Duggan,Trialist,Tracy,Ebanks(on trial),Gaffney.

Subs: Nathan Murray, Colm Murphy,Tony Whitehead, Sean McSweeney,Shane Walsh, Garbhan Coughlan, James McGrath, Barry Sheedy

All the subs got on at some stage.

The trialist in midfield looked handy dropped back to get the ball from defence some nice passing and worked hard looked to get very tired after about 55-60 mins. Ebanks I'm afraid looks nowhere near good enough to improve us did absolutely nothing. Cusack came off with a bit of a knock which hopefully isn't too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Heard Tracy's goal was class....

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Heard Tracy's goal was class....

See for yourself at 1.36 in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_G_6hTuqng#t=104

Looking at that video the trialist (10) looks like a tall enough lad. If he can play ball too then he could be a great asset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

any pics of alternative kits? Not gone on the collar! Shorts are nice.

Anyone know, (save me going into town) if you can buy last years ones at knock down prices?

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    any pics of alternative kits? Not gone on the collar! Shorts are nice.

Anyone know, (save me going into town) if you can buy last years ones at knock down prices?

I know they had a few at cheaper prices but what's left now I don't know. Sizes could be very limited too.

The alternative kit will be the same yellow one I would think and the navy one they wore vs Man City.

Who is the new trialist?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Who is the new trialist?

They are keeping it very hush hush. I take it they don't want other clubs knowing which I take as a good sign.

Athletic Bilbao B 4-3 Limerick FC

Shane Tracy x 2, Darragh Rainsford.

Played today while limerick are over on a pre-season training camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Jofspring wrote: »
    Athletic Bilbao B 4-3 Limerick FC

Shane Tracy x 2, Darragh Rainsford.

Played today while limerick are over on a pre-season training camp.

That doesn't seem like a bad result

That doesn't seem like a bad result

No not bad at all. We had a late goal disallowed also. They are in the spanish 3rd division and currently sit 3rd in their section. A lot of the current Athletic Bilbao players have come through the B team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

No not bad at all. We had a late goal disallowed also. They are in the spanish 3rd division and currently sit 3rd in their section. A lot of the current Athletic Bilbao players have come through the B team.

Yeah sure their current top scorer for the b's has already played 3 senor games in la liga already this year

Turns out it was Athletic Bilbao 19's not B team as reported.

Another friendly tomorrow against Amorbieta, I am presuming this time it will be against their first team who do play in the Segunda Second Divison.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Another friendly tomorrow against Amorbieta, I am presuming this time it will be against their first team who do play in the Segunda Second Divison.

Not quite - they play in the Segunda B, which basically means third division. It's regionalised into 4 groups. They play in group 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segunda_Divisi%C3%B3n_B_Groups_1%E2%80%934

Ya that's the division I was talking about as in La liga, Segunda Division, Segunda Second Division. Just worded it wrong.

• Advertisement

Lost 2-1 apparently. Darragh Rainsford scored.

This is being organised by the Independent Limerick Supporters Club and it would be great to see as many travelling up together and make a day of it.
    The Great St. Pats Away Day Out

1913289_1468109696750883_1625194963_o.jpg

Sat 22nd March.

Hi Lads,

With the St. Pats match being moved to Saturday at 3.15pm, we've booked a carriage with Irish Rail to get to the game in style.

Train is leaving Limerick at 10.45 am and will hit Dublin at 12.55. Return train is at 19.00 arriving back in Limerick at 21.15.

Price is 25 euro a head return.

They can be contacted through their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/limerickisc?fref=ts

PM me for further details or if you'd like to put your name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Slight bump before the season kicks off next friday.

The excitement is building, I'd like to see 95 fm go crazy advertising this for the next few days. Try get a few in to what was arguably the most exciting game last season.

I preferred Bray away but the second home game was insane

I'd like to have seen the club do a lot more promotion of the league starting. Virtually none has been done so far barr Facebook, twitter etc..... Build up needed to start a minimum two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Advertising costs dosh which the club does not have. Local media need to help them out a bit.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Advertising costs dosh which the club does not have. Local media need to help them out a bit.

I think the money from the trip to Spain could have been better spent on advertising or at least towards advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

How much was it? and how much is the type of advertising you would like to see?

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    How much was it? and how much is the type of advertising you would like to see?

Couldn't tell you, that's why I said would have at least went towards advertising surely. If we are very tight cash wise then the last thing we should have been doing is bringing on more financial burden heading to Spain whether it was a little or a lot. 95fm are a sponsor on the jersey so surely a deal could be done on the advertising side instead of relying on Mick Aherne and the sports team to mention it.

I don't think a lot of people even realise Limerick are back this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

No mention on live 95 this morning?

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    No mention on live 95 this morning?

There was mention on the Saturday morning sports show and they had interviews with Craig Curran, Shane Duggan and another player. I missed it myself but was told about it.

Advertisement