Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-01-2020, 10:46   #1
jon1981

Recommend quick release mount for Cycliq fly 12 (old model)

Hi,

I have the fly12 but I'm fed up screwing it on and off with the mount bolt (twice daily). Has anyone found a decent quick release mount they would recommend? I lost the mount screw bolt the other day so on the hunt for a better option!

thanks
J
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-01-2020, 11:00   #2
mr spuckler

If you've no joy with that request, I've spare bolts that you're welcome to one of.
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 08:01   #3
jon1981

Really appreciate the offer but i managed to get a thumb screw. Still on the hunt for a quick release option!
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 11:19   #4
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

I would love a spare screw, lost the attachment bolt and cannot find a bolt in all my collection that fits, have tons just marginally narrower.

As for a different mount, the go pro mounts will work with the old Fly 12, so any decent QR for a Go Pro should work
25-01-2020, 19:56   #5
mr spuckler

There's loads of cheap options for packs of them on Amazon & Ebay, see Amazon listing here.

I've a pack which I bought just in case but so far they're just sat in a screw bin in my garage so again if you want one you're welcome to it.
Advertisement
25-01-2020, 20:00   #6
ED E

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Bicycl...-/312774994881

Garmin out front mount of any kind, one of these. Quarter turn in and out (if itll bear the weight of a 12)
25-01-2020, 22:01   #7
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr spuckler View Post
There's loads of cheap options for packs of them on Amazon & Ebay, see Amazon listing here.

I've a pack which I bought just in case but so far they're just sat in a screw bin in my garage so again if you want one you're welcome to it.
I have a go pro screw and it seems to be slightly too small, so I bought a new mount altogether, which doesn't seem as solid as the official one. The threads don't look gone so would like to find out is it the threads or simply I have the wrong bolts. Let me know how I'd collect it and I will call over if possible. Thanks again

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion