Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Track bike in your garage?

Options
  • 18-01-2020 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Having been involved in track cycling for a good few years now and witness many come and go to Sundrive, I'm convinced that there are large number of people with track bikes/frames rusting away in their sheds or attics? Anyone here guilty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Having been involved in track cycling for a good few years now and witness many come and go to Sundrive, I'm convinced that there are large number of people with track bikes/frames rusting away in their sheds or attics? Anyone here guilty?

Mine is out the back, part rusting, part being eaten by dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

tunney wrote: »
    Mine is out the back, part rusting, part being eaten by dog.

Shame, could it be saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Bicycle swap/sale meet up is needed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Save the track bikes!
    I too have seen a lot of people come and go, some with very nice machines.

I guess it's nice that people hold onto them, in the belief they'll get back to it (cos track is the best :D) .
    But sad they don't get out, or fall into disrepair.

We could start a save the track bike group, which both saves the bike and gets the owner back on track!

I think once the indoor is built all these bike will make it back out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

It's a lot on my mind as I prep for the coaching sessions to start again. There's a lot of people who would like to move on to their own bikes but there's a lack of second hand options around and the cost of a new bike can be prohibitive to many of them. No-one should really still be on a rental bike after a year of training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Mine is in the attic, I will be using it this year tho. And the velodrome is coming....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you live in shane ross's constituency, i'm sure that's worth asking him about if he calls to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

I'm looking for a 55cm or 56cm bike with a maximum budget of €500 if there's anything out there...

Advertisement