Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-01-2020, 17:10   #1
kenmm

What to tour with - 2k€ edition

I am wanting to do some long bike tours this year. My road bike is a bit long in the tooth, so new bike time anyway.

I would like something that would allow me to do regular club spins and also be a good choice to throw a frame bag and a big seat bag onto, but with some stays for extra bottle etc.

I don't think I'd travel with panniers, but maybe it be a good option to have (I haven't cycled multiple days before).

There are too many options out there and too many marketing terms - Gravel, adventure, CS, etc etc

So.. help me narrow it down (Or maybe add to my list!) - any recommendation of what to look at.

I think an alu or steel frame in this budget would be good for touring, but not even sure tbh! Probably want a relaxed audax style geometry (Id be looking at a large/58/60cm bike anyway).. what else?
Advertisement
17-01-2020, 17:15   #2
magicbastarder

genesis equilibrium is a good choice (i would say that, i have two) but they've shot up in price in the last couple of years.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion