Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-01-2020, 11:08   #1
RooksPawn

Mulcahy Memorial

Can somebody please post the Mulcahy results where everyone can see them?

It's a disgrace that reports were only posted on Facebook which it is against my religion to join (especially since the Cambridge Analytica scandal).

The link on the ICU website to http://corkchess.com/mulcahy/ which is supposed to be the event website is actually to a page previewing the 2017 Mulcahy.

Shame on the Cork Chess Club! If they cannot keep their site reasonably up to date they should take it down.
Advertisement
14-01-2020, 17:10   #2
sodacat11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooksPawn View Post
Can somebody please post the Mulcahy results where everyone can see them?

It's a disgrace that reports were only posted on Facebook which it is against my religion to join (especially since the Cambridge Analytica scandal).

The link on the ICU website to http://corkchess.com/mulcahy/ which is supposed to be the event website is actually to a page previewing the 2017 Mulcahy.

Shame on the Cork Chess Club! If they cannot keep their site reasonably up to date they should take it down.
This is Cork you are talking about, just be thankful that they didn't use smoke signals or carrier pigeons to broadcast the results.
14-01-2020, 20:27   #3
Rasb

http://corkchess.com/mulcahy-results/2020/
15-01-2020, 10:54   #4
DancingSpaniel

I played this event and thought Cork Chess did a great job of running it. Gorgeous city centre venue with a great atmosphere conducive to fighting chess. It is an Open, but anyone I spoke to felt they'd plenty of games against challenging opposition. Pat Twomey (the controller) introduced the tournament really nicely putting it in the context of the original Mulcahy Memorial event and the new series. He also made a point of starting every round, including the first, bang on time. Much appreciated! Nice to see Ireland's #1, Alex Lopez, playing in this event yet again.

Last edited by DancingSpaniel; 15-01-2020 at 11:00.
Thanks from:
15-01-2020, 22:52   #5
RooksPawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasb View Post
Thanks for the link! That is what should have been supplied on the ICU website instead of Facebook. Glad to hear it went well.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion