Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Nemo28 wrote: »
    When did your solicitors receive your contracts?

He received them on the 2nd August I think and he sent them back and we've to sign tomorrow. What about you? Did you buy in July?
    Nemo28 wrote: »
    When did your solicitors receive your contracts?

He received them on the 2nd August I think and he sent them back and we've to sign tomorrow. What about you? Did you buy in July?

Yeah we did. Hoping to sign next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mahmoodah

Got one booked and signed on Shackleton Way. Does anyone know about new direct road access to R120 (Adamstown Road) via Paddocks as Tandy's Lane is too narrow and dangerous especially during night/evening? I saw a road opening up just in front of the Shackleton main gate towards Paddocks being used for construction traffic by Cairns. Appreciate any response. Thanks and all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

dn2017 wrote: »
    I think its 1-6 or its either 2-6.

Do you know if there will be a wall separating Shackleton Park from the other estate? I had a look at the area earlier and it looks like the first block of Shackleton Way will be facing the back garden of the houses in Dodsboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

mahmoodah wrote: »
    Got one booked and signed on Shackleton Way. Does anyone know about new direct road access to R120 (Adamstown Road) via Paddocks as Tandy's Lane is too narrow and dangerous especially during night/evening? I saw a road opening up just in front of the Shackleton main gate towards Paddocks being used for construction traffic by Cairns. Appreciate any response. Thanks and all the best.

Yes that road is required as part of the planning permission and I believe it will open before handing over any properties to owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Lavly wrote: »
    I think its 1-6 or its either 2-6.

Do you know if there will be a wall separating Shackleton Park from the other estate? I had a look at the area earlier and it looks like the first block of Shackleton Way will be facing the back garden of the houses in Dodsboro.

I have asked Winston in HMCD about this and he has said he thinks there is going to be a railings put up but it hasn't been confirmed just yet. I would rather a wall but let's see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

Ap1234 wrote: »
    Afew answers we got from HMCD.

1.What is the layout of the sockets for the entire house? I am still awaiting confirmation around this.

2. What colour is the tiles from the hallway to the kitchen? The tiles are supplied by Project Tiles .
    Kitchen, hall way & bathrooms will be all tiled – please note the door wall for all bathrooms will not be tiled. – Colours – Bathrooms is Abby Marfil Matt & Kitchen and Hall way & WC down stairs is Domus Marfil

3. Is there any chance of not getting tiles and getting a floor the whole way throughout the bottom of the house? No – there is a no changes policy

4. Can you provide the exact measurements of the rooms for the a Type B house? ( we are trying to purchase a sofa before we move in and require measurements). There is measurements in the brochure for guideline purposes, they will be able to measure their home when they are called for snagging.

5. What are the type and colours of the tiles provided for the 2 bathrooms - Yes and it is Abby Marfil Matt

6. Does the downstairs toilet come tiled. If so what type and colour? Yes and it is Domus Marfil

7. Is there shower doors provided in both bathrooms? Shower doors will be provided but no bath doors will be included.

8. With regards painting, is there any chance we can have an input on the colours of the rooms? All houses are painted white throughout, there will be no changes to the paint colour.

What do they mean by door wall which will not be tiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

As far as i know tts the shower walls, above the bath and sink that are tilled, so the floor and one wall will not be tilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rmctex

Ap1234 wrote: »

As far as i know tts the shower walls, above the bath and sink that are tilled, so the floor and one wall will not be tilled.
    I thought the floor would be tilled.
    Only the wall where the door is placed.. would not be tilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

rmctex wrote: »
    I thought the floor would be tilled.
    Only the wall where the door is placed.. would not be tilled.

Is the floor not tiled? I thought it was in the spec

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emk_91

corre10 wrote: »
    Is the floor not tiled? I thought it was in the spec

Yeah I think the bathroom floors are definitely tiled. I think it's mentioned in the back of the brochure too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Emk_91 wrote: »
    Yeah I think the bathroom floors are definitely tiled. I think it's mentioned in the back of the brochure too.

And you are correct. :) "Kitchen, hall way & bathrooms will be all tiled – please note the door wall for all bathrooms will not be tiled" - So just the wall where the doors runs into, when opened, will not be tiled, but everything else will.

The Showhouse in Parkside had that, too (for the bathroom upstairs at least) - added in a photo I took there as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

The type C houses that look done on the site are they Shackleton Place or Shackleton Close? I was thinking that was Shackleton Place? I just drove passed yesterday but I would love to have a walk through the site like you did via the cottages too.

The type C houses that look done on the site are they Shackleton Place or Shackleton Close? I was thinking that was Shackleton Place? I just drove passed yesterday but I would love to have a walk through the site like you did via the cottages too.
    it seems to me that it's Shackleton Place

rmctex wrote: »
    it seems to me that it's Shackleton Place

Yes it's Shackleton Place. drove up there today. The car park is still there for the moment although it's a fair bit from site but good for a goo. They look like they are flying. Winston said again today early November is looking good save for any weather delays or adverse events. You can see the houses better now they have cut back the trees in front. You just gotta drive really slow! Anyone got a contact for Cairn for this development? I want to keep pushing for dates. Already have answers to my modification queries, thanks to all the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mak2017

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread but I've been reading over everyone's threads about Shackleton park, we are considering of putting deposit down.

Can you advise:
    1: when are they available to move into?
    2: best transport to get to town, bus or train and the location please?
    3: is it a safe area?
    4: does anyone know the schools in the area?

Thank you! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Mak2017 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread but I've been reading over everyone's threads about Shackleton park, we are considering of putting deposit down.

Can you advise:

Thank you! ��

1) They are building Shackleton Park per areas, so it would depend on the area you would be buying in.

2) Currently there's a Dublin Bus stop (number 25 bus I think) close to the site and I heard that they might extend that line.

Hope someone else can help you out on 3) and 4). I think it's as safe as anywhere around Lucan and I think there are some schools nearby - saw that in the brochures - but I don't really know how close or far away they are. :)

8090xl wrote: »
    1) They are building Shackleton Park per areas, so it would depend on the area you would be buying in.

2) Currently there's a Dublin Bus stop (number 25 bus I think) close to the site and I heard that they might extend that line.

Hope someone else can help you out on 3) and 4). I think it's as safe as anywhere around Lucan and I think there are some schools nearby - saw that in the brochures - but I don't really know how close or far away they are. :)

Thank you for your response so quickly, we are looking at phase two which is Shackleton Crescent. Is it phase one that is potentially available November? I'm thinking then phase two would prob be after Christmas?

Hi,

Is there social housing being built in Shackleton Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

Mak2017 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Can you advise:

Thank you! 😄

Hi,

1. We bought in the end of phase one and ours is scheduled for December which could run into Jan so I wouldn't say the second phase would be ready in December.
    2. As someone said there's the 25 but there also putting in a new route I'm nearly sure. Adamstown train station is also 5 mins away where u can park for free I think which goes into town.
    3. From what I know the area is safe.
    4. There is a good few schools, I have friends who have there children in nearby schools that love it and also have relations that have been to school in Lucan who also said were great.

Hope that helps

1. We bought on launch day in May and been given a date tentatively of October or November. So six months plus any delays, we're hoping for end of November latest.
    2. The terminus for the 25 bus is nearby. However you could go down the hill and pick up the 66, 66a, 67a or 67 which is closer to the village. Maybe a 10-15 minutes walk max? They finish in merrion square I think. The trains from Adamstown at peak times take the phoenix park tunnel to and from grand canal dock, but to heuston at other times. Link roads into Adamstown and the celbridge link road as the area expands can only be a good thing. Traffic is a bit crazy in the village however and up around SuperValu can be busy.
    3. My grandparents live in Lucan and I did for a a long time so I'm familiar ish with the area. I've been up at site often enough this summer and haven't seen any antisocial behaviour or kids hanging around, not even at the local garage or McDonald's. The area surrounding immediate is quite settled at the cottages and near the Tesco. There have been break-ins from what I heard but I think that's the norm in most areas now.
    4. There are lots of preschools, creches, primary and secondary schools within the area so no worries there.

Hope that helps and beat of luck in your decision!

• Advertisement

Did anyone else get a call about the breakfast bar in type C?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

I was talking to HMCD today and I was told that they are hoping to have couples snagging from the middle of October. I am guessing this is for Shackleton Place, first block on the Way and then Shackleton Walk.

I also asked is it possible to move the radiator from the partition wall backing onto the hall onto the partition wall backing onto the stairs which I am hoping they can do! We were informed before that the radiator was going to be under the window but this has changed.

What were they asking? If they are allowing mods I'd like a few myself!

I was talking to HMCD today and I was told that they are hoping to have couples snagging from the middle of October. I am guessing this is for Shackleton Place, first block on the Way and then Shackleton Walk.

I also asked is it possible to move the radiator from the partition wall backing onto the hall onto the partition wall backing onto the stairs which I am hoping they can do! We were informed before that the radiator was going to be under the window but this has changed.

Thanks for the information!

would you mind to point in what number ( in the picture) is the radiator located?
    or where is going to be it's final location?

https://ibb.co/b8bez5

Thanks

corre10 wrote: »

What were they asking? If they are allowing mods I'd like a few myself!

They are removing the breakfast bar!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They are removing the breakfast bar!!

Altogether? On what grounds? Is there something being specc'ed in its stead?

What are peoples thoughts on this announcement of 8000 new homes to be built in Clonburris ie the land beside Shackleton

I haven't heard anything about this? What did they say exactly?

• Advertisement

WHAT! That's crazy sure it changes the whole layout of the kitchen! Where did you buy again was it Shackleton Way?

Advertisement