Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it's 100% dedication, a LOT of time and patience. I have about 30 places I check and regularly wake up early weekends to go to car boot sales and markets. Most of the times I find nothing. You have to be regular about it. It's a lot more about the excitement of potential find than actually finding anything. I also have a broad spectrum of things I look for, like jewel case pc games .
    Saying that, I got luck on sunday :
    11846713_10153524358938276_468267940171753524_n.jpg?oh=928d1deb6e905cc3b99fd0d007bdb317&oe=5650426F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Fair play to have the patience, as you say it's all about getting to sales early. It was easier years ago when demand was less. All I seem to see these days are fifa and happy feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

This actually came with a DS1 and a black DS1 ( never knew they existed ), but I'm just showing off my "rare" dual analog pad :)

Also came with thps2.

vfS4wCN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

airmax87 wrote: »
    This actually came with a DS1 and a black DS1 ( never knew they existed ), but I'm just showing off my "rare" dual analog pad :)

Also came with thps2.

vfS4wCN.jpg

Ever since discovering the concave thumsticks DS1 online I wanted one.

Nice find!

Do they feel better over a regular DS1?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They're not actually a dual shock, just a regular pad with two concave analog sticks.

I find them far more comfortable than the dual shock. The handle thingies are longer and just feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I prefer it due to the longer handles. The Japanese ones have vibration in them but you can also do a really simple mod to add vibration if you want. Take the motor from a regular dual shock and it's just 2 wires to solder.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/adding-rumble-motor-to-scph-1180-analog-pad/

Yeah I prefer it due to the longer handles. The Japanese ones have vibration in them but you can also do a really simple mod to add vibration if you want. Take the motor from a regular dual shock and it's just 2 wires to solder.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/adding-rumble-motor-to-scph-1180-analog-pad/

The new mmmonkey site is looking very well i must say.

Far more easier on the eyes.

I see he's updated his MD1 Region mod with the single switch mod I have in mine.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/mega-drive-1-region-and-video-mode/

Hopefully that will convert you heathens using the mod with 2 switches! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The last games I've picked up, mostly PS and Saturn titles these days, some I've waited a while to pop up complete as you don't see them too often at a decent price. Budget blown for a couple of months but plenty to play.

P1060795_zpschby1gnx.jpg

P1060787_zpse5leb1yp.jpg

P1060793_zps8yoa6jak.jpg

P1060791_zpswpkl37tl.jpg

Fantastic Pinball on the Saturn, it only has the one table. It's broken in to three different world's. Looks and plays really well, the picture is of the Under World.

P1060789_zpsv7kei0dc.jpg

P1060777_zpshcshajsp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Got loads of stuff the past couple weeks! Stupid happy with what I got

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

I can't post pics yet due to Board's rules/settings, but got some stuff recently. As my collection is packed in boxes back home, I only have a WiiU and XBone here, plus a handful of handhelds - I'm focusing on expanding a bit on my handheld collection.

So, recently got:

*Wonderswan Color (Crystal Orange, boxed) + Final Fantasy (loose)
    *GB Camera (Yellow, JP, boxed)

...and a few GC JP imports, from which I stand out:
    Homeland (Beta) and Homeland :D

Now I'm expecting a GP2X F-100 boxed, which I'm very excited about, had it in my list for very long but never went after one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got a few bits in a charity shop yesterday,
    A bunch of 360 tat, GoldenEye for the PS2, and a few anime DVDs, no idea if they're any good, volume 2 and 3 of DN Angel and the complete collection of Battle Doll Angelic Layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just picked up something I've been trying to get my hands on for aaaages.

A Micomsoft XHE-3. It allows you to use the Sega XE-1 ST2 with a PC Engine, forgoing the need to pick up an XE-1 PRO HE

$_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got a lot of stuff recently that I never got around to posting.. Amiga 1200, Amiga 600, Vic-20 and Spectrum+ most of it from Alphaeagle's mega sale :)so

Collected this today though, its filthy, smelly, sold as untested but was less then a tenner :) Should be nice once I've cleaned it up a bit and done an AV mod.

20467844896_b3945b2304_c.jpg

Got a lot of stuff recently that I never got around to posting.. Amiga 1200, Amiga 600, Vic-20 and Spectrum+ most of it from Alphaeagle's mega sale :)so

Collected this today though, its filthy, smelly, sold as untested but was less then a tenner :) Should be nice once I've cleaned it up a bit and done an AV mod.

20467844896_b3945b2304_c.jpg

Nice, is it working? Vectrex Roli has some great videos for the videopac on youtube.

captain!
    our sensors are picking up a Romulan warbird in the neutral zone!

IMG-20150811-WA0000.jpeg

Got the missing ship and new set (used) of ramps for my star trek.
    Got the used ship and ramps for 85 delivered from a guy in Austria.
    The ramps are in fantastic shape compared to my own.
    300e + delivery for a brand new set so that wasnt happening

It was no atari system but I had some fun with it as a kid.
    My dad brought a prototype home from work one day. Just the bare board and a box of carts, pretty much all of them.
    We got an upgrade after that in the form of a shell so it ended up looking like a video pack and got some proper carts in their casing. Think we had all the games for it too.
    ... to think it got thrown in the bin at some point :o

Doge wrote: »
    Nice, is it working? Vectrex Roli has some great videos for the videopac on youtube.

Don't know yet, no power supply with it. Will fire it up at the weekend after it gets a good bath !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

More psp pick ups this week and I got a secondhand vita during the week too! Sweet.

Psp has some great games at some amazingly cheap prices now, can't believe my luck with some of them.

Playing through the first Final Fantasy on the psp street atm, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picked up a few bits at a house this evening. This is from that adverts sale that was pulled while they check what they had.

FzZbV6z.jpg

The C64's and tape decks are indeed new and unused. Never out of the internal sealed bags it seems.

Also picked up another old breadbox c64 for parts and a Mac Classic for parts. 2 amstrad 6128 that may or may not work(will test later).

Nice haul !! The Amstrads are fairly bulletproof, apart from the disk drive rubberband stretching I'd say they're ok unless stored under water. Battery leakage is a huge problem on those Mac, usually destroy motherboard :(

• Advertisement

Nice haul !! The Amstrads are fairly bulletproof, apart from the disk drive rubberband stretching I'd say they're ok unless stored under water. Battery leakage is a huge problem on those Mac, usually destroy motherboard :(

Yeah, i only wanted the Mac for parts as I already have a minty one of those myself.
    But yeah the battery is a mess on them, i replaced it on my own one.

More pics of the c64 unboxing(dont want to flood the thread with pics).

UYi4tZs.jpg

7ju6DTn.jpg

Lots more here:
    http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/59642-New-old-stock-C64

did you get the Amstrads to work ? love these guys, I had one on load for a few months back then. some great games on it, and the floppies... oh I loved the floppies !

First job is to remove the floppy and install a HXC drive emulator (also means you can get rid of the 12V power lead and run it from a 5V supply)

11985244734_7046c58658_c.jpg

but, but, but the floppies were so much fun :): ... how could you... :eek:

First job is to remove the floppy and install a HXC drive emulator (also means you can get rid of the 12V power lead and run it from a 5V supply)

11985244734_7046c58658_c.jpg

Yeah, I've got one of those on an Amiga 600, very handy thingy :)

As a matter of interest, does anyone know of a compatible psu for these 6128's?
    Or do I need to buy one from eBay?

Will a speccy psu do the job?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, does anyone know of a compatible psu for these 6128's?
    Or do I need to buy one from eBay?

Will a speccy psu do the job?

You'll need a 5V 1.7A supply for the 6128 logic and a 12V 0.5A supply for the disk drive to work.

Both MUST be clean and regulated because the 6128 has no power input protection as power is typically supplied by the monitor.

You'll need a 5V 1.7A supply for the 6128 logic and a 12V 0.5A supply for the disk drive to work.

Both MUST be clean and regulated because the 6128 has no power input protection as power is typically supplied by the monitor.

To eBay it is then :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up the GC controller adaptor in Argos, 25.99.
    Then II found I had to disconnect the wired ethernet connection and have a crack at wireless, which lo and behold worked, freeing up the rear USB ports for my HDD and the front for the controller adaptor.
    Happy days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement