Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hyperspin set up problem

Options
  • 12-06-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

hey

I've installed hyperspin and rocket launcher as per Simply Austin's instructional video on YouTube.
    problem is when I select the game from hyperspin the screen goes blank but nothing loads. The games play perfectly if launched from rocket launcher.
    Simply Austin points hyperspin to rocket launcher ui but the official hyperspin video says to just point to the rocket launcher exe.

I've tried both methods but nothing gives.

can anyone help me? if really appreciate a steer on this.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Do you have your sound card drivers installed ? I noticed before hyperspin wouldn't launch games for me if I didn't have the sound card drivers setup. Dunno why , it was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not so much much helpful advice, but if I were you before you get too deep into HyperSpin, change to Launchbox...it's FAR less hassle to set up, looks better, & just works. Hyperspin is nice & all, but after using LB for a while I find HS too flashy & in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

try removing the bezels in hyperspin and then rebooting your machine. also make sure you installed all of the add ons and drivers when setting it up. It took me a few weeks until i finally got the hang of hyperspin but its so so easy to use when you get familiar with the ins and outs. im up to 50+ different systems now and i love it. If you are stuck and want to just go for a setup out of the box have a look at arcade punks hyperspin addition. youll need a mega account (works out at about a fiver for a month) to download it but its 230+gb of systems that you just have to unzip on your d: and they are ready to go. A few systems need adition downloads like the gamecube and psp to get full sets but a lot of others are full. if you need any help feel free to pm me.

Al.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not helpful but, until I read this thread, I forgot just how much of a pain in the backside Hyperspin was to set up and maintain.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not helpful but, until I read this thread, I forgot just how much of a pain in the backside Hyperspin was to set up and maintain.

Once you get to grips with it it's actually not too bad, & adding systems becomes easier the more of it you do. In saying that, personally I feel Launchbox blows it away on most fronts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I setup hyper spin in the very early beta days, I'm still on version 1, I haven't touched it since and it just works, I do remember it being a pain to get my head around at the start but worth learning rather than downloading a preconfigured setup.
    Inviere wrote: »
    Once you get to grips with it it's actually not too bad, & adding systems becomes easier the more of it you do. In saying that, personally I feel Launchbox blows it away on most fronts.

What's launchbox look like on a low res arcade monitor?
    Just looking at the google images it doesn't look like it would work well at 240p, I might install it just for a look

What's launchbox look like on a low res arcade monitor?
    Just looking at the google images it doesn't look like it would work well at 240p, I might install it just for a look

Ooh good question, I'd say it's more suited to more modern displays...haven't heard of it being used at 15Khz (which I suppose makes HS the preferred choice for low res screens :o). I maintain though that it's a 'better' frontend!

Advertisement