Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl €5 wine sale

Options
  • 12-09-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Supposed to start tomorrow but in my local store (Ballyfermot), they were putting them out.

I just got some 2016 Beaujolais Villages, 75cl 2017 Rubicone Sangiovese and 2014 Autentica Reserva Rioja. There were others I wasn't interested in.

They only had about 12 cases out with a 50/50 mix of white and red. The sales assistant said they were overstock with an original price of between €20 - €40.

Enjoy ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You do know that the whole point of Beaujolais is to drink it young within 2 years?

my3cents wrote: »
    You do know that the whole point of Beaujolais is to drink it young within 2 years?

or a year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I do! I'm sure it will still be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

was just coming on here to post about this too. I havent been in yet but will go after work and see if theres anything yet. Last year I got some fantastic deals on red wine! hoping for more of the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Wine to a two year old .... shame on you :D

• Advertisement

Not always, I've had other wines on special offer in Lidl that were well past their best. Blush wines are another that should be drunk young and an extra year can turn a good drinkable one to disgusting.

On the whole their wins are fine but not all bargains are what the seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

A list of gems in the rough would be useful from the enlightened ones please :o

My partner has just paid a visit to Lidl. We now have 17 bottles of mixed wine! There may be a few duds in there but for €5 each, we don't mind. It's like a lucky dip and part of the fun! We always have our ordinary wine stash to fall back on! ;)

Ill certainly let you know (IMHO) once I get to see whats there. (btw, I am nottttttt pretending to be a wine snobby connoisseur tasting expert in case people think that, but I do drink alot/too much french wine, so Im a little expert :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

My partner has just paid a visit to Lidl. We now have 17 bottles of mixed wine! T

That should see you through the weekend!

• Advertisement

Its very easy to spot the gems. If they had any left they would be on the now empty shelves.

No kidding, any decent wine anywhere in this country sells out really quickly.

Often when there is a red and a white from the same vineyard one will sell out completely leaving the other on the shelf. Sometimes its the red sometimes the white you never know but the one thing you can be sure of is the one that sold quickly was the gem.

Anyway whenever we get a decent bottle in Lidl and then go back for another there is never any left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The sales assistant said they were overstock with an original price of between €20 - €40.

Enjoy ;)

I do not think those prices when I think of Lidl wine!

I do not think those prices when I think of Lidl wine!

They have a special wine section for the decent wines. Some quite pricey ones there.

From their email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I bought one in Castleblayney on Tuesday, drank it that night and it was perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Took the advise given and took these as they were the last of their types left. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

What time do they start selling wine? 11am is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Took the advise given and took these as they were the last of their types left. Fingers crossed.

Saint Emilion Grand Cru for €5? FOMO is kicking in.

And, to other post, it's 1030 on Friday mornings for alcohol sales

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Yes if anyone has advice on what to buy to the uninitiated please do!

Saint Emilion, nice!!
    Hope they have some tomor. Hadn’t started in my lidl earlier....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Right so contrary to my earlier post, all LIDLs will be closed until about... checks watch... 2pm tomorrow.
    Something to do with Brexit and Operation Yellowhammer, that sounds plausible.

Yeah I should be finished my shop by then and cleared the shelves...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Gigondas for a fiver is a bloody steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Now I have FOMO too, nobody shop in Navan please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

won't be happy if my local hassold out tomorrow morning because they put the stock on offer friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

I got few wines in Lidl just before Christmas for €4~€5 just because they were out of date 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hogzy wrote: »
    What time do they start selling wine? 11am is it?

10.30 mon fri

12.30 Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Went to Navan this morning, not a €5 bottle to be seen and the one staff member I asked knew nothing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Got a few bottles of this in Lidl Castletroy Limerick for €5 along with a few reds
    https://www.vivino.com/sensi-pinot-noir-brut-rose/w/2128029?ref=nav-search

• Advertisement

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Went to Navan this morning, not a €5 bottle to be seen and the one staff member I asked knew nothing of it.

ah really? :( Was just going to head up there in the next hour, damnnnnnn

Advertisement