Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Q60R 43" QLED TV €575 delivered amazon.de

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are these packed as bad as LG I wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are these packed as bad as LG I wonder ?

The last two Samsung TV's that I bought were well packaged. The only way they would get damaged is if something went through the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I bought my last LG from amazon (2017) and no problems at all with the packaging. Anyway I've ordered this one and if there's a problem I will update this thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Great TV for the money. These are 'on sale' for 799 in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Deal looks good but just wondering does anyone know if this has ads built into the tv?

There were a number of posts on reddit of people giving out about Samsung TV's in particular having ads built in to the set. Some Samsung TV owners also stated that these ads would only show up after a few months of owning the set.

Here is a link to one such thread https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesign/comments/co5aw4/unremovable_ads_on_my_2500_samsung_smart_tv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Cavey wrote: »
    Deal looks good but just wondering does anyone know if this has ads built into the tv?

There were a number of posts on reddit of people giving out about Samsung TV's in particular having ads built in to the set. Some Samsung TV owners also stated that these ads would only show up after a few months of owning the set.

Here is a link to one such thread https://www.reddit.com/r/assholedesign/comments/co5aw4/unremovable_ads_on_my_2500_samsung_smart_tv/
    Now that would p1ss me off. Just ordered on, hopefully it won't have that sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

does this have the Apple TV app? the amazon page only mentions airplay

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sent back two lg to amazon they arrived screen cracked and no damage to the box

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Now that would p1ss me off. Just ordered on, hopefully it won't have that sh1t

Be prepared for apps that can't be deleted Ratuten TV for one ,embedded in remote control etc,I wouldn't have purchased from richer sounds if I knew this,can lock it but it's vvv annoying as you mistakenly hit it regularly ( TV 43 Inch 7100 model is great otherwise) multiple threads on same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

2019 Q60R - 25% discount from Samsung UK through EPP or student discount. Not hard to get.

5 Year warranty.

43" around 579 Euros
    49" around 700 Euros
    55" around 750 Euros
    65" around 1075 Euros
    82" around 2800 Euros

Similar discounts on Q70R, Q80R and Q90R. Also UK plugs opposed to EU ones.

• Advertisement

Samsung UK only deliver to UK addresses so you will need parcel motel / address pal on top of those prices and good luck with returns. 43" is also out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Darwin wrote: »
    Samsung UK only deliver to UK addresses so you will need parcel motel / address pal on top of those prices and good luck with returns. 43" is also out of stock.

I know about shipping not too expensive with PM.
    Warranty is valid across EU for all Samsung devices. You dont need to return it to UK. Again Samsung UK is better deal with 5 years warranty and a UK plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

dan786 wrote: »
    I know about shipping not too expensive with PM.
    Warranty is valid across EU for all Samsung devices. You dont need to return it to UK. Again Samsung UK is better deal with 5 years warranty and a UK plug.

If it gets damaged in transit, which is a considerable risk with a TV, Samsung will wash their hands of it when they see a middle man delivery company involved. PM have a damage clause of a very limited value, and that's if they even accept responsibility. Far too big a risk with a tv imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

I'd go with Parcel Wizard over Parcel Motel in any case, TV or not.

Not sure of their insurance details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Just ordered one thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Inviere wrote: »
    If it gets damaged in transit, which is a considerable risk with a TV, Samsung will wash their hands of it when they see a middle man delivery company involved. PM have a damage clause of a very limited value, and that's if they even accept responsibility. Far too big a risk with a tv imo.

you can get extended damage liability cover with PM for 2 weeks - 500 euro cover for 3.50 and 1,000 euro cover for 7euro

Got my Q60 today, delivered by an post. No problems at all, packaging was fine and no dings or dents on the box. Setup is simple - change the language to English and off you go. One oddity - during setup the TV restricts you to three countries (Austria/Germany/Switzerland) - not sure if this might be a problem using the built in tuner to search for channels (my setup is an external Saorview box connected to a Satellite dish) . Picture quality is excellent, not sure about blacklight bleed, will check that later when it is dark enough.

Darwin wrote: »
    Got my Q60 today, delivered by an post. No problems at all, packaging was fine and no dings or dents on the box. Setup is simple - change the language to English and off you go. One oddity - during setup the TV restricts you to three countries (Austria/Germany/Switzerland) - not sure if this might be a problem using the built in tuner to search for channels (my setup is an external Saorview box connected to a Satellite dish) . Picture quality is excellent, not sure about blacklight bleed, will check that later when it is dark enough.

Havent unboxed mine yet, but info here on changing country:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/MU6100-How-to-change-country-for-apps/m-p/382149

If you can manage to get HDR working, could you let me know? I initially tried from my PC which gave a HDR picture fine with my previous LG set, switching the TV to game mode did nothing to enable HDR. To rule out a HDMI cable problem, I've tried the built-in youtube app and opened one of the HDR channels. The youtube video options (where you can change picture resolution) do not show HDR beside them. TV is running the latest firmware too. So I'm really at a loss as to what is wrong, I cannot find any HDR related setting in any of the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Hope for a 65/75 inch one of these sub 1000 euro one day. A man can dream.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

cronos wrote:
    Hope for a 65/75 inch one of these sub 1000 euro one day. A man can dream.

18-24 months I'd say

Havent unboxed mine yet, but info here on changing country:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/MU6100-How-to-change-country-for-apps/m-p/382149

Theres no mute button on the remote unfortunately.

This link might also help if changing language is a problem:

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-change-menu-language-on-samsung-tv/

If the language is in German, just following the pictures in the guide as the menu items will be in the same place.

Language was simple, that was the first option during setup.
    But I only had 3 countries to choose, no Ireland or UK.
    I have rte player and channel 4 apps by default, so it may be aware of location. But when I auto tune saorview channels with aerial they don't work.

Ok I got sent some instructions on changing the country. I haven't tried it yet, but they worked on a different model of Samsung TV:

1. Power on TV.

2. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Source', and choose 'TV'.

3. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'Support'. Select 'About This TV then get the software version code that was installed.

4. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'General'. Select 'Network', choose 'Open Network Settings', and establish the network connection. Choose 'Network Status' then cancel the network authentication, select 'IP Settings', and choose 'IP Setting' then set it to 'Get Automatically'. Select 'DNS Setting' then set it to 'Enter Manually', enter '8.8.8.8', and reconnect the TV to the network.

5. Press the 'Home' button on the TV remote, select 'Settings', and choose 'Support'. Select 'Self Diagnosis', choose 'Reset Smart Hub', and enter your 4-digit PIN (Default PIN: 0000). At the point where 'Terms and Conditions' will show, press 'FF (Fast Forward)', '2', '8', '9', and 'Rewind' keys on the standard remote control in sequence then select from the country selection list that will appear).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How does the Qled from Samsung compare against the O leds from LG?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Language was simple, that was the first option during setup.
    But I only had 3 countries to choose, no Ireland or UK.
    I have rte player and channel 4 apps by default, so it may be aware of location. But when I auto tune saorview channels with aerial they don't work.
    Managed to get Saorview channels working by going into manual tuning, it found the 36 channels that way. I did have to reorganise the order though as radio channels were insterspersed with tv channels

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

dan786 wrote: »
    2019 Q60R - 25% discount from Samsung UK through EPP or student discount. Not hard to get.

5 Year warranty.

43" around 579 Euros
    49" around 700 Euros
    55" around 750 Euros
    65" around 1075 Euros
    82" around 2800 Euros

Similar discounts on Q70R, Q80R and Q90R. Also UK plugs opposed to EU ones.
    Anyway of getting registered on EPP site for employee purchase programme discount

I’m having problems with the sound dropping out and only way to fix it being to plug out and plug back in. Anyone on the same boat?

• Advertisement

No audio problems, but still can't figure out how to enable HDR mode

Advertisement