Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Whats everyones favourite movies that they need to watch at Christmas, that aren't actually Christas films.

For me

- Willy Wonka
    - Harry Potter saga
    - The Terminal
    - Father of the Bride

None of these are Christmas films, however growing up we watched these at Christmas, so I need to watch them.

I like re-watching the Harry Potter ones, I am a big fan !
    Usually the local channels show them in the run up to Christmas, love that !

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm purposely going to ignore Hallmark and Hallmark-esque type movies from this question. As I could be here all day :P

I would pick either Deck The Halls with Danny DeVito or Surviving Christmas with Ben Affleck.

Surviving Christmas had just excaped me, I had been blissfully ignorant of its existance.
    Have just watched the trailer, it is a yuck from me !
    I wished I had seen the trailer before I went to see Four Christmases, too !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    Sony Christmas movie channel is back as of today!
    freida wrote: »
    Thanks. 329 on virgin
    Where is it gone? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

It was there but it’s gone now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »

Still on sky, Channel 319
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Still on sky, Channel 319

Can’t get sky here :(

Loughc wrote: »
    Can’t get sky here :(

Unless its been dropped from the VM platform? Though I wasn't aware of any channel changes due. Nothing referred to on the website i check for changes to sky and VM, when I was looking for details of the Christmas channels the other day. Odd.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Can believe all the hate Deck the Halls is getting, absolutely love it.

Klaus is a very good edition to the Christmas line up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yeah deck the halls isnt so bad. I only got introduced to it last year so it will need another viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Jingle Jangle trailers looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think Klaus is going to be a hard one to top. There's something magical about a small independent studio getting refused by major distributors too afraid to go up against Disney and Frozen 2, taken up by an online TV distributor and ending up beating that movie to an Oscars nomination.

It's as good a story as the film!

flazio wrote: »
    I think Klaus is going to be a hard one to top. There's something magical about a small independent studio getting refused by major distributors too afraid to go up against Disney and Frozen 2, taken up by an online TV distributor and ending up beating that movie to an Oscars nomination.

Agree.
    I was late seeing Klaus, only watched it a couple of months ago in fact & have to admit it was reading about it in here that alerted me to it, otherwise I reckon it would have passed me by, but am I glad I did, a wonderful little film, I've already added it to the family 'must watch' christmas movie list for the build up this year & am really looking forward to seeing it again.
    Not many films bring a wee tear to my eye, never mind christmas ones at that, but I think I fell in love a little bit with that movie, its just beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t know why but Klaus I got bored with same as polar express. I couldn’t watch them past 20 minutes.

Still don't have Netflix, only two things I would like to watch in it are: The Crown and Klaus !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »
    Still don't have Netflix, only two things I would like to watch in it are: The Crown and Klaus !

Me neither however might 'borrow' the brother in laws account so can watch Klaus. Getting some rave reviews on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy2020

A couple of years ago I watched This Christmas. Idris Elba and Chris Brown are in it amongst other big names. Really enjoyed it well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

screamer wrote: »
    I don’t know why but Klaus I got bored with same as polar express. I couldn’t watch them past 20 minutes.

Seems The Polar Express is really hit or miss for people. Love it myself.

And......

Mel Gibson has been set to play Santa Claus in Fatman, a dark action comedy that is looking to be a present for buyers at the upcoming Cannes film market. Filming is scheduled to begin early next year in Canada.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/mel-gibson-santa-claus-casting-fatman-movie-1202609900/

The trailer for Fatman with Mel Gibson has just been released
    Usual spoiler alert applies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

That has me conflicted, it started out good but as usual showed too much of the movie. I will defo watch it though.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    That has me conflicted, it started out good but as usual showed too much of the movie. I will defo watch it though.

It looks ahem... interesting... haha

Definitely an interesting take and you can tell from the trailer it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I dont know what to make of that. I'll watch it anyway as if nothing else it looks 'different'

Agree with Jude though, bloody trailers, gives away the whole film.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I don't think I've watched a Christmas film that wasn't a kids film except Bad Santa which I really didnt like. I'll probably give this one a shot to see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Agree with Jude though, bloody trailers, gives away the whole film.

Or someone tells you what happened when you have it recorded :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

The trailer for Fatman with Mel Gibson has just been released
    Usual spoiler alert applies

Just came here to post this. :)

I'll take heed of the warning and skip the trailer though.

Usually I skip the trailers or stop them half way - but I was too curious and gave in.
    Would def watch it.
    He looks perfect for the role !

Just to note, Movies 24 changes to Christmas 24 on 24th October. I know this is on the SKY EPG so assume is on Virgin Media also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

https://www.brownbagfilms.com/labs/entry/angelas-christmas-wish-premieres-december-1st-worldwide-on-netflix?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=social

Angelas Christmas will be getting a sequel.It'll be available on netflix on the 1st of December.

• Advertisement

Aw, I loved Angela's Christmas. :)

Advertisement